Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    Hey guys, wanna ask is this overdone, hahahha... playing with HDR...

think my pp skills getting worse, or im just overly bored .....
    Though I'm not a fan of HDR. I shall comment base on my personal opinion.
    The sky is a bit over done. MBS a bit underexposed as i believe its due to the cloud tt is been darken in the process of doing ur HDR thingy.. I like how to light is been lighted up in the water.

Anyway, that's just my personal opinion.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    Haha, bro, MBS look cartoonish leh .... sorry, not a fan of HDR
    Nice to see you this afternoon, me the bespectacled guy sitting opposite ZCA with MRs
    hahaha, i cldnt agree more, must shoot more, pp more, than get the feel...

nice to meet u too, finally manage to meet the whole gang, minus a few thou....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Though I'm not a fan of HDR. I shall comment base on my personal opinion.
    The sky is a bit over done. MBS a bit underexposed as i believe its due to the cloud tt is been darken in the process of doing ur HDR thingy.. I like how to light is been lighted up in the water.

Anyway, that's just my personal opinion.

aha i see, hmm must make sure, not to always underexposed the building, i always seem to have that prob when going into PP... maybe just me i like blown out skies....
    noob noobkok
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

aha i see, hmm must make sure, not to always underexposed the building, i always seem to have that prob when going into PP... maybe just me i like blown out skies....
    noob noobkok
    hahah.. well.. you have your style ma.. so tt's y i say in my own opinion.. i find your sky overdone. But if you love this way of sky.. nothing wrong about it... its your own style.
    true about not always underexposed. I felt if its brighten up just a little bit. at least the outline can be seen more clearly. It would be good..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Blog Entries

or u cld go the alternate 2.8 route, the nikon 20 2.8 or the nikon 20-35 2.8....

albeit its 2.8 at max aperture....
    I already have 17-50/2.8

No point going 2.8 any more.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I already have 17-50/2.8

No point going 2.8 any more.
    like that rite bro, just hoot the sigma 20 1.8, dont bother thinking abt the 24 1.8, when on dx not that wide enough, even on fx sometimes not even wide enough.....

20 20 20 20.... go go go....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Blog Entries

like that rite bro, just hoot the sigma 20 1.8, dont bother thinking abt the 24 1.8, when on dx not that wide enough, even on fx sometimes not even wide enough.....

20 20 20 20.... go go go....
    problem is 20/1.8 need to custom order. quoted 880 for it. Ex leh... And it is not an easy lens to let go. And that bloody 82mm filter thread...

Unless I wait and go china and get... but difference is around $50 only.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 29th August 2010 at 09:09 PM.

problem is 20/1.8 need to custom order. quoted 880 for it. Ex leh... And it is not an easy lens to let go. And that bloody 82mm filter thread...

looks like its a no win situation, cld hope and pray that someone would post it in B&S,

Neways, anyone going sunrise chasing tomorrow...???
    Last edited by akerue; 29th August 2010 at 09:19 PM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

wah.. but $50 difference kinda of not worth it. Its not a great difference after all.

Unless you going China for leisure or sth.. or if somebody happen to go there.. maybe can get it for you? o.0 Or else for the sake of the lens go back China to get not worth the price..

lolx..working leh.. how to chase sun.. I'm too lazy to wake up so early to chase sun den later at work 3/4 dead..

Blog Entries

looks like its a no win situation, cld hope and pray that someone would post it in B&S,

Neways, anyone going sunrise chasing tomorrow...???
    Bro the lens used to be sold for 600+ only. Recently got price raised to 880. Same thing for the US version.

I have a feeling they did something to this new version of the lens.

Bro the lens used to be sold for 600+ only. Recently got price raised to 880. Same thing for the US version.

I have a feeling they did something to this new version of the lens.
    yeap thats right, i was kind of interested in that lens too last time, but the price hike and the need to search for a good copy kind of turn me off, especially when stocks are limited or no stocks at all to search for, i dont think they did anything to it, what i know lah, is that sigma really jack up the prices across the board for all their lenses....

actually u planning to get that lens for...??
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Hey guys, wanna ask is this overdone, hahahha... playing with HDR...

think my pp skills getting worse, or im just overly bored .....
    You are just trying too hard bro!! Look what you've done! HDR until the flat building right of the 3 towers go "BOOM!!!!" I see white bellowing smoke coming up into the sky... Power man!!!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

lolx..working leh.. how to chase sun.. I'm too lazy to wake up so early to chase sun den later at work 3/4 dead..
    hahaha, no kakis leh, think i gonna be a lone ranger, or maybe i cld go bdk reser. and stalk ghaz....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

hahaha, no kakis leh, think i gonna be a lone ranger, or maybe i cld go bdk reser. and stalk ghaz....
    hahah.. 13 Sept I'm on leave! See if you want..

Blog Entries

yeap thats right, i was kind of interested in that lens too last time, but the price hike and the need to search for a good copy kind of turn me off, especially when stocks are limited or no stocks at all to search for, i dont think they did anything to it, what i know lah, is that sigma really jack up the prices across the board for all their lenses....

actually u planning to get that lens for...??
    Wanted a fast wide angle prime. And it seems to be the only lens that fit the bill...

Yes, the price hike pretty much took a lot of air out. Still thinking but at 880 like not worth it leh.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    You are just trying too hard bro!! Look what you've done! HDR until the flat building right of the 3 towers go "BOOM!!!!" I see white bellowing smoke coming up into the sky... Power man!!!
    BOOMZ.... hahahha.. thanks krig, i dunno is this a compliment or u being sarcastic... hahahahaha..... thought u were coming down for the tcss session, now im deeply poison by bryan 's voigt 125.....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Blog Entries

BOOMZ.... hahahha.. thanks krig, i dunno is this a compliment or u being sarcastic... hahahahaha..... thought u were coming down for the tcss session, now im deeply poison by bryan 's voigt 125.....
    Actually, I thought the HDR can work for the cover of a sci-fi novel... like one of those Issac Asimov novels...

Different tastes for different use.

hahah.. 13 Sept I'm on leave! See if you want..
    we shall see when the day come, i dont even know whats my schedule like for that month,

Wanted a fast wide angle prime. And it seems to be the only lens that fit the bill...

Yes, the price hike pretty much took a lot of air out. Still thinking but at 880 like not worth it leh.
    true if u looking at 3rd party brand unless if from nikon, the nikon 24 1.4 price is a real turn off, i cld squeeze a sigma 20 1.8, 2 more speedlites, 2 wescott softboxes, and cash to spare,

either u wait for a 2nd hand, or close one eye and plunge to get a brand new one, if u cant wait it out anymore
    Last edited by akerue; 29th August 2010 at 09:43 PM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Wow what a poisonous couple of pages
    Anyway, just wanted to say that it was a fun TCSS session this morning. Did the conversation continue for much longer after we left?
    Exploring! :)

been busy lately... at least I have something to contribute...

Pano stitch 13 frames. Enjoy. As usual, CnC welcome.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif