Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Flatten that tummy!

  1. #1

    Default Flatten that tummy!

    try this out if u want to flatten ur tummy...

    1. hula-hoop 10 minutes every day. hula hoop must be the heavy cane type, not the hollow plastic ones.

    2. don't eat anything after 7pm every day.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  2. #2

    Default

    Where can buy those cane types nowadays ah?

  3. #3

    Lightbulb

    furniture shop in yishun central. if you want, let me know.

  4. #4

    Default

    But I wake up at 3pm everyday, dun eat after 7pm very difficult leh...

  5. #5

    Default

    i assume you have been boozing the night before.

  6. #6

    Default cardio + strength training

    doesnt work that way. dude

    the best method is still

    1. long term cardio: swim/bike/run at least 3 times a week for 1 hr or more of each session. thsi is to gradually shed off the fat layer all over the body. depending on personal makeup, there will still be "stubborn areas" where fat layers tend to cling on to. after 1yr + of cardio, that wont be much of a problem. once fat layers are largely gone, continuing with cardio will take u on the way to improved endurance. and more endurance. and even more endurance. then u can aim for stuff like ironman

    and

    2. basic strength training. inclusive of abdominal exercises. yeah its true that spot reduction doesnt work but at least the ab muscles get toned. and with the cardio doing the role of shedding the fat layers, ultimately the day will come when u can finally see toned abs in the mirror.

  7. #7

    Default eating

    ideally we should eat 5 to 7 small meals everydae. mainly carbos and fruits and veges. maintain protein intake to about 1/4 of daily consumption. cut down as much on simple sugars, salt, processed foods, etc


    there are detailed theories on ideal food comsumption timings thruout the day as to how they affect chemical balences/imbalances in the body..these are for optimal results. so i dont really bother about these..hehe. besides, after 7pm u still need to eat. i advocate carbo loading after 7pm, simple coz u need the carbs for the next day's cardio activity. if there is no cardio activity the next day, then a final small meal after 7 still will be ok.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default clive

    Quote Originally Posted by clive
    doesnt work that way. dude

    the best method is still

    1. long term cardio: swim/bike/run at least 3 times a week for 1 hr or more of each session. thsi is to gradually shed off the fat layer all over the body. depending on personal makeup, there will still be "stubborn areas" where fat layers tend to cling on to. after 1yr + of cardio, that wont be much of a problem. once fat layers are largely gone, continuing with cardio will take u on the way to improved endurance. and more endurance. and even more endurance. then u can aim for stuff like ironman

    and

    2. basic strength training. inclusive of abdominal exercises. yeah its true that spot reduction doesnt work but at least the ab muscles get toned. and with the cardio doing the role of shedding the fat layers, ultimately the day will come when u can finally see toned abs in the mirror.
    I totally agreed with you
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    try this out if u want to flatten ur tummy...

    1. hula-hoop 10 minutes every day. hula hoop must be the heavy cane type, not the hollow plastic ones.

    2. don't eat anything after 7pm every day.
    Already very flat. No need for these hula thingy. I do 100 push-up, 50 sit-up every day ever since I hit 23, until this day. Watch ur cal in-take. If ur metabolism is slow, reduce ur food intake accordingly. I'm those very hyper type, so whatever food that I eat will be digested in a few hours. No time for fats built up.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    where did you get your information from, zaren?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bedok South
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Should read today's Sunday Times.

    http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/swe...51248,00.html?

    Also need to depend on body type. I have high metabolic rate too. No matter how much I gorge I still can't gain much weight. So just eat moderately.

    No food 3-4 hours before sleep. Let your digestive system have enough time to do its job, prevent indigestion and enough time for you body to burn off calories as well.

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Cardio burns continously for 12 hours.

    Weight resistance burns continously for 24 hours.

    So just balance your intake & your exercises regularly to keep healthy and fit. Got tummy or not doesn't matter, health is more important than size and shape

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bedok South
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clive
    ideally we should eat 5 to 7 small meals everydae. mainly carbos and fruits and veges. maintain protein intake to about 1/4 of daily consumption. cut down as much on simple sugars, salt, processed foods, etc


    there are detailed theories on ideal food comsumption timings thruout the day as to how they affect chemical balences/imbalances in the body..these are for optimal results. so i dont really bother about these..hehe. besides, after 7pm u still need to eat. i advocate carbo loading after 7pm, simple coz u need the carbs for the next day's cardio activity. if there is no cardio activity the next day, then a final small meal after 7 still will be ok.
    Your diet plan seems more suitable for people who want to gain weight or muscle mass.

    Most people have misconception about protein intake. When they try a weight loss diet, the carbohydrate intake still remain high and try to skip meat or food they beileve will make them fat. Protein don't make people fat. High carbo and fat intake does.

    Eat moderate amount of rice/potatoe/pasta, maintain your protein intake. Fruits like Banana have high carbohydrate content and so does alcohol too especially beer and stout.

    Have you seen why some of the foreign workers have storky, bulky built even they are sweating and doing manual jobs eveyday? Their diet mainly consist of rice(PLENTY), bananas, curry gravy for taste. They don't take vast amount of meat either. Its the high carbohydrate intake they need to for them to work manually that allow them to maintain such built.

    Think.....if your carbo intake is very high and you only workout once a week.

    Hmmm.....either increase the number of workout each week or decrease your carbo intake....best is to balance both.


    For guys, our main fat storage area is the tummy.
    Working out your abdominal muscle is good. Except that the idea of isolation training method is more suitable for bodybuilders.

    Imagine you have 100 other people putting junks into an expandable storage area.............you are the only person clearing it.

    How effectively can you clear it?

    You are the Abdominal muscle! you get the hell of a work out but the result is still minimal. Very soon you'll be disheartened and will give up.

    Like clive said, swim/bike/run is good...plus some crunches

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    try this out if u want to flatten ur tummy...

    1. hula-hoop 10 minutes every day. hula hoop must be the heavy cane type, not the hollow plastic ones.

    2. don't eat anything after 7pm every day.

    3. Run as you shoot(pictures).

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    3. Run as you shoot(pictures).
    Find the largest and heaviest lense you have, fit them to your camera and then your heavy duty tripod, and start doing bench presses with them.

    Alternative, pack your favourite Lowe-pro backpack choke full with your whole arsenal and go running with it.







    Just kidding.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    Find the largest and heaviest lense you have, fit them to your camera and then your heavy duty tripod, and start doing bench presses with them.

    Alternative, pack your favourite Lowe-pro backpack choke full with your whole arsenal and go running with it.







    Just kidding.
    please!
    later timber use this as an excuse to get more WHITE dumbells to "work out" with.

    *faints*

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren

    2. don't eat anything after 7pm every day.
    what??! no food after 7pm??? can kill me now

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evildolly
    what??! no food after 7pm??? can kill me now
    as the ancient chinese saying goes,

    "wan beauty, dun wan life"

    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •