Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: % crop???

  1. #1

    Default % crop???

    I often see people mentioning about a photo as below:

    Below are macro examples from the Sony 70-300mm G SSM at 300mm. 100% crops.


    What does the percentage crops mean?
    NIKON D600 | 24-70mm f/2.8G | 50mm f/1.8D
    SONY α500 | SAL85f2.8 | SAL35F1.8 | TAM17-50f2.8

  2. #2

    Default Re: % crop???

    I believe it means the photo is cropped but resolution is unchanged.

  3. #3

    Default Re: % crop???

    Wah, I didnt know google was so hard to find. "What is a 100% crop" comes up with lots of results.

    Short and simple: It's a crop from the picture taken at 100% "zoom", so it's a 1-1 pixel crop.
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: % crop???

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    I believe it means the photo is cropped but resolution is unchanged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Wah, I didnt know google was so hard to find. "What is a 100% crop" comes up with lots of results.

    Short and simple: It's a crop from the picture taken at 100% "zoom", so it's a 1-1 pixel crop.
    Aha, thanks both... and yes, I did try googling, looking up wikipedia, but still can't understand.
    NIKON D600 | 24-70mm f/2.8G | 50mm f/1.8D
    SONY α500 | SAL85f2.8 | SAL35F1.8 | TAM17-50f2.8

  5. #5

    Default Re: % crop???

    Quote Originally Posted by songws View Post
    Aha, thanks both... and yes, I did try googling, looking up wikipedia, but still can't understand.
    I ran the same search and result after result was clear, detailed and in many cases had step-by-step instructions and screenshots.

    If after that you still can't understand, then you need to re-learn some basics.
    Alpha

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •