Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is the best air-con in the market currently?

I am using daikin invertor unit....estate came with it.....not bad....its very cold and quiet....but dont know about the long run though...cause its like 2 plus years old....

Any idea which is the lowest temp each air-con can go? My Daikin lowest only 17 degrees. Still feel hot leh!

mebbe this can help in the decision making process?

ENERGY LABELLING SCHEME PRODUCT DATABASE

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Spoken with my brotherís friend, an air-con repairman who was here recently to repair my air-con, about air-con thingy. His advise to those buying an air-con is to avoid xxxx and those with inverter technology. Inverter technology air-con, though save on electricy, costs more than the normal type and are costly to repair if breaks down. While a normal air-con can still function if one of the split unit is down, the whole inverter air-con system might knock out if there is any fault in any of the unit. Besides, inverter air-con contain electronic chip boards which can cost a few hundred dollars each to replace. So, whatever you saved on your electricity bills may not be enough to pay for the extra bucks you paid when you bought the air-con and repairs.
    I would take his comment/advice on inverter technology with a pinch of salt. Most likely the repairman doesn't know how to fix it. It's like the old independent auto mechanics who don't know the electronic fuel injection system and keep telling people not to buy cars with EFI technology.

i'm also considering the art cool one when my flat renovates... but it ain't so soon so it kinda gives me some time to evaluate it since it's new... but the design is really nice...

http://www.lge.com.sg/product_list.a...&id2=11&id3=45

Quote Originally Posted by canonsiao
    Any idea which is the lowest temp each air-con can go? My Daikin lowest only 17 degrees. Still feel hot leh!
    Actually, the lowest an air-con can go is about 18 degrees. Those that says 16 degrees is just for show. 18 degrees is cold enough. If you still feel hot at this temperature, something is wrong with ur air-con. Don't forget, your air-con also needs periodical maintenance to be in its peak performance.

Quote Originally Posted by rty
    I would take his comment/advice on inverter technology with a pinch of salt. Most likely the repairman doesn't know how to fix it. It's like the old independent auto mechanics who don't know the electronic fuel injection system and keep telling people not to buy cars with EFI technology.

Well, I trust my brother's friend who is an old hand in his trade. He handles all kind of air-con including the inverter type and knows well enough which is more reliable. Buy one at your own peril.

sanyo is good, had one at my parent place, almost 10 years liao hardly had any problem, only until recently that it started to give some noise but didn't bother to repair coz its almost 10 years plus they are shifting soon.....
    i reckon 10 years is very good shelve life considering most electrical appliances is not built to last these days.....

Default air cooler

sorry to cut into this thread asking air cooler.

Wonder anyone owns a air cooler?
    I'm thinking for getting 1 from carrefour @$88 but don't know is it good? Will air cooler creates moisture in the room? Is it cooling? Can Anyone help? Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12