Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: photo shooting in Sungei Buloh...

Quote Originally Posted by tbteng
    GREAT! Me Pls !!!

1) Wakk0
    2) snowspeeder
    3) juste_millieu (97905250)
    4) y0ngcheng
    5) bsplenden SMS: 94746878
    6)swizard (98265855)
    7 tbteng

To get into the park on Saturdays, a cab is necessary as the bus only goes
    up to the Kranji dam and the walk in is not short unless you take the newly opened Kranji Nature Trail that leads into the park.

Most of the birds are no longer around but this period, if we are lucky, we will catch wild bats, bird nests with birds nesting in them, tree-climbing crabs fighting, wild sea-otters feeding, vibrant cotton mating or even the stork bill king fishers diving into the river for a fish or two....GREAT MACRO venue also for those who do not have long lenses or a smaller camera. I captured most of my keeper shots there

For the record, besides being avid nature shooter with a small camera, I am a trained Nature Guide for Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve. I have been bringing groups of people around the park on educational grounds and hope to
    join you folks on a photographic escapade this time. WakkO is still the leader and organizer of this event, I will just probably suggest the photographic locations while we are there....

See Ya !
    Welcome welcome... hmm.. this outing is not only about photography, it can have a little bit on nature education too.

Quote Originally Posted by tbteng
    GREAT! Me Pls !!!

1) Wakk0
    2) snowspeeder
    4) y0ngcheng
    6)swizard (98265855)
    7 tbteng

To get into the park on Saturdays, a cab is necessary as the bus only goes
    up to the Kranji dam and the walk in is not short unless you take the newly opened Kranji Nature Trail that leads into the park.

Most of the birds are no longer around but this period, if we are lucky, we will catch wild bats, bird nests with birds nesting in them, tree-climbing crabs fighting, wild sea-otters feeding, vibrant cotton mating or even the stork bill king fishers diving into the river for a fish or two....GREAT MACRO venue also for those who do not have long lenses or a smaller camera. I captured most of my keeper shots there

For the record, besides being avid nature shooter with a small camera, I am a trained Nature Guide for Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve. I have been bringing groups of people around the park on educational grounds and hope to
    join you folks on a photographic escapade this time. WakkO is still the leader and organizer of this event, I will just probably suggest the photographic locations while we are there....

See Ya !
    hehe.... now we got a guide can feel safer that there will be some things for me to shoot... as long as my skills is gd enuff... (though i doubt so.. )

anyway, what about those without macro lens? got things to shoot or not? i can borrow a zoom lens if i wan.. but no macro lens for me to borrow... and i haven even tried marcro before.

anyway, can someone type out a equipment list... so that can noe what to bring for first timers like me...

Lead on fellow comrades and gentlemen! With quite a few experienced individuals to be part of this trip, I'm sure it will be a fulfulling one filled with adventure. Let's hope the weather on that morning will be friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by wakk0
    Hey gal n guy, anyone driving??
    I read from their site that the car park is "open during reserve opening hours only". Will there be any parking problem if were to drive there at such an early hour?

dont know if anyone has posted this.... but do look out for like a family of otters... really cute fellas... i see them in the river mouth facing johore... i think they feed on like the shellfish.. saw them at like 745am? 8 ish. not paying attention.

oh ya... walk walk abit and turn around... u'll see a swarm of mosquitos buzzing.. but they quite dumb.. u rub ur arm they just sit there and die.

Quote Originally Posted by ccplim
    I read from their site that the car park is "open during reserve opening hours only". Will there be any parking problem if were to drive there at such an early hour?
    The reserve open at 0700am so is the parking. there are ample parking lots..

dont know if anyone has posted this.... but do look out for like a family of otters... really cute fellas... i see them in the river mouth facing johore... i think they feed on like the shellfish.. saw them at like 745am? 8 ish. not paying attention.

oh ya... walk walk abit and turn around... u'll see a swarm of mosquitos buzzing.. but they quite dumb.. u rub ur arm they just sit there and die.
    That is a nice way to describe the killing of mosquito.. I hope we can see the otters around..
    Last edited by wakk0; 20th May 2004 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsplenden

hehe.... now we got a guide can feel safer that there will be some things for me to shoot... as long as my skills is gd enuff... (though i doubt so.. )

anyway, what about those without macro lens? got things to shoot or not? i can borrow a zoom lens if i wan.. but no macro lens for me to borrow... and i haven even tried marcro before.

anyway, can someone type out a equipment list... so that can noe what to bring for first timers like me...
    Honestly, i juz bring my FX1 and a tripod bcoz im juz a simple minded cameraman. hee

1) Wakk0
    2) snowspeeder
    4) y0ngcheng
    6)swizard (98265855)
    7 tbteng
    8. Trigger (9637 0356)

Pls include me
    Thanks
    Trigger

The reserve open at 0700am so is the parking. there are ample parking lots..
    What I mean is, since you also mentioned that the reserve open at 0700, will there be any problem with parking (eg. no entry) if one were to drive and reach there at 06xx?

i have to take cab to kranji mrt. can't reach there b4 7, i stayed at bedok. even take the earliest mrt also can't make it. cab is the only choices

Quote Originally Posted by bsplenden
    Ok here's a list of what I feel are essential stuff to bring on that day (feel free to contribute your ideas as well):-

1) Camera (duh) w/ lens, accessories, flash etc. Bring your telezoom or macro lens/adaptors if u have them.
    2) Enough batteries & storage media (bring spares...very important!)
    3) Tripod
    4) A comfortable, big bag to throw it all into (you guys'll be walking a lot )

Non-photography items:-

1) Lots of water! (at least 1 litre or more) I think there is also a water cooler at the entrance of the park, can't rem.
    2) Snacks to munch on (e.g biscuits, chocolate bar etc. - drinks and food at the cafe there very ex).
    3) Towel to mop sweat.
    4) Comfortable clothes. Try not to wear thick clothing, you'll be sweating like a pig after a while.
    5) Good pair of walking shoes. Advisable not to wear slippers/flip-flops. You never know what u might step on.
    6) Small pair of binos or a scope, for observing birds and other tree-top wildlife.
    7) Insect repellent spray. To keep the mozzies at bay.
    8) Umbrella (just in case it rain...to protect urself and ur precious equipments..)
    9) Sunblock (if u dun want to end up with peeling skin)
    10) Hat
    11) .....

Get plenty of rest the night before too.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Garion; 21st May 2004 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccplim
    What I mean is, since you also mentioned that the reserve open at 0700, will there be any problem with parking (eg. no entry) if one were to drive and reach there at 06xx?
    well, you can park along the grass patch but you can go into the park. however, you can go to the Kranji Nature Trail. If you wanna to go there early, i will love to. hee

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    i have to take cab to kranji mrt. can't reach there b4 7, i stayed at bedok. even take the earliest mrt also can't make it. cab is the only choices
    Wat is your earliest timing if you take the first train?? Maybe you can find 4 persons and take a cab.. cheaper mah

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    Lead on fellow comrades and gentlemen! With quite a few experienced individuals to be part of this trip, I'm sure it will be a fulfulling one filled with adventure. Let's hope the weather on that morning will be friendly.
    I do hope so.. looking forward to check on weather forecast on 2 JUNE 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Ok here's a list of what I feel are essential stuff to bring on that day (feel free to contribute your ideas as well):-

1) Camera (duh) w/ lens, accessories, flash etc. Bring your telezoom or macro lens/adaptors if u have them.
    3) Tripod

1) Lots of water! (at least 1 litre or more) I think there is also a water cooler at the entrance of the park, can't rem.
    2) Snacks to munch on (e.g biscuits, chocolate bar etc. - drinks and food at the cafe there very ex).
    3) Towel to mop sweat.
    4) Comfortable clothes. Try not to wear thick clothing, you'll be sweating like a pig after a while.
    5) Good pair of walking shoes. Advisable not to wear slippers/flip-flops. You never know what u might step on.
    6) Small pair of binos or a scope, for observing birds and other tree-top wildlife.
    8) Umbrella (just in case it rain...to protect urself and ur precious equipments..)
    10) Hat
    11) .....

Hope this helps!
    Well said Garion. Maybe you can go there and show them what's in your bag !!
    http://www.avianwatchasia.org for some real bird photos
    My website : http://www.gorgeousfeathers.com

3) Tripod

1) Lots of water! (at least 1 litre or more) I think there is also a water cooler at the entrance of the park, YES. There is a water cooler..
    3) Towel to mop sweat.
    4) Comfortable clothes. Try not to wear thick clothing, you'll be sweating like a pig after a while. Do not put on perfume... U will attract more Mozzies..
    5) Good pair of walking shoes. Advisable not to wear slippers/flip-flops. You never know what u might step on. Also not to make more noise
    6) Small pair of binos or a scope, for observing birds and other tree-top wildlife. If you cant 'shoot', at least you saw them. hee
    10) Hat
    11) .....

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin
    Well said Garion. Maybe you can go there and show them what's in your bag !!
    Hahahah. My bag cannot compare to what's in your bag lar.

wow. we like going for a.................. leisure camp! hehehe
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

Wat is your earliest timing if you take the first train?? Maybe you can find 4 persons and take a cab.. cheaper mah
    I will be taking a cab in. For those who want to join me, you could meet me at the Kranji MRT station taxi stand.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast