Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: photo shooting in Sungei Buloh...

if i take first train can reach by 640... is that early enuff??

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    My train from Toa Payoh starts at 0615 hrs on Sat morning. Plan to head all the way north to reach Kranji. ETA is 0650 hrs. Will we miss the low tide and how long does it last?

Will we have time for kopi first to wake the senses before the shoot? If so, all kopi drinks shall me on me!
    i need beer to wake the senses in the morning. so on you too?
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

1) Wakk0
    2) snowspeeder
    3) juste_millieu (97905250)
    4) y0ngcheng
    5)
    6)
    7)

Quote Originally Posted by y0ngcheng
    i need beer to wake the senses in the morning. so on you too?
    I prefer guniness...really

I prefer guniness...really
    scout lover??

My train from Toa Payoh starts at 0615 hrs on Sat morning. Plan to head all the way north to reach Kranji. ETA is 0650 hrs. Will we miss the low tide and how long does it last?

Will we have time for kopi first to wake the senses before the shoot? If so, all kopi drinks shall me on me!
    You wont miss the low tide at 0650am, you will find tide coming in and that's all.

the kopi will be from the minimart at Kranji MRT... still on you???

Quote Originally Posted by macross
    Been there twice. Got dragonflies too besides butts. u going there to spread dragon fever?
    Give us some comments or tips leh... wat to prepare or watch out !!
    Heard the otters is back at Sungei Buloh , hope we can see them playing water.. I saw them eating a fish before but too bad, i dun hv a digital camera at that moment..

Quote Originally Posted by bsplenden
    if i take first train can reach by 640... is that early enuff??
    I guess you are the earliest one at 0640am. . the rest quote 0650am

Just a note of cautious. For those who go there , it is better to stick to one group.

There are crocodile and monitor lizard there. Thus do not walk too close to the riverside, try to keep in the center of the road and u should be safe.

It is a very nice place to relax and take photos.

All the best to your outing and look forward to see u guy's photos soon.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Quote Originally Posted by wakk0
    You wont miss the low tide at 0650am, you will find tide coming in and that's all.

the kopi will be from the minimart at Kranji MRT... still on you???
    By the time we share cab to get there, the tide will be flowing in. So how much time do we have to shoot in the midst of low tide? If time is of the essence, no choice, kopi can wait till we're done. The passion to be there for the moment is most important.

I guess you are the earliest one at 0640am. . the rest quote 0650am
    YEAH!!! hehe... so just put me into the list... i MIGHT back out at last min if i hav sth impt to do... but that is not likely to happen...

1) Wakk0
    2) snowspeeder
    4) y0ngcheng
    5) bsplenden SMS: 94746878
    6)
    7)

Just wondering if you'll get to see many birds there... I thought the best time was later on in the year from Oct - Jan?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Just a note of cautious. For those who go there , it is better to stick to one group.

There are crocodile and monitor lizard there. Thus do not walk too close to the riverside, try to keep in the center of the road and u should be safe.

It is a very nice place to relax and take photos.

All the best to your outing and look forward to see u guy's photos soon.
    NOTED.. Did you 'shoot' the crocodile ??

By the time we share cab to get there, the tide will be flowing in. So how much time do we have to shoot in the midst of low tide? If time is of the essence, no choice, kopi can wait till we're done. The passion to be there for the moment is most important.
    You are right, the tide is flowing in but not that fast lar. You will get to 'shoot' the low tide.. MUDSKIPPER, here we come!! kopi will commence after we finished the low tide 'shooting'... ?? ??

Hey gal n guy, anyone driving??

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus
    Just wondering if you'll get to see many birds there... I thought the best time was later on in the year from Oct - Jan?
    If we are lucky, we see garden birds..
    Migratory birds have already flown off to the north..

If you are a bird watcher or bird photography, Oct-Jan is the best time...

NOTED.. Did you 'shoot' the crocodile ??
    There is a signboard to remind us but so far I have not see any crocodile , only Mon lizard
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

put me in the list too...

1) Wakk0
    2) snowspeeder
    4) y0ngcheng
    6)swizard
    7)
    Last edited by swizard; 22nd May 2005 at 10:10 PM.

If we are lucky, we see garden birds..
    Migratory birds have already flown off to the north..

If you are a bird watcher or bird photography, Oct-Jan is the best time...
    You got that spot on. The best time to visit the park would be at year-end/year start, from the Oct-Mar period. Thats when most of the migratory species would come to visit and stay to avoid the wintery conditions in their homeland.

However, there are lots of native species and interesting creatures to be spotted at the park. Look out for resident bird species like the egrets, grey/purple heron, little heron, and lots of kingfishers too like the White-throated and Stork-billed kingfishers. If you are lucky you can even spot a white-bellied sea eagle circling overhead. Bring a pair of binos or even a scope, if u got one.

Then there are also stuff like monitor lizards, changeable lizards, mangrove denizens like crabs and mudskippers and lots of insects like spiders, butts, and dragonflies to keep u occupied, if u are macro shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    You got that spot on. The best time to visit the park would be at year-end/year start, from the Oct-Mar period. Thats when most of the migratory species would come to visit and stay to avoid the wintery conditions in their homeland.

However, there are lots of native species and interesting creatures to be spotted at the park. Look out for resident bird species like the egrets, grey/purple heron, little heron, and lots of kingfishers too like the White-throated and Stork-billed kingfishers. If you are lucky you can even spot a white-bellied sea eagle circling overhead. Bring a pair of binos or even a scope, if u got one.

Then there are also stuff like monitor lizards, changeable lizards, mangrove denizens like crabs and mudskippers and lots of insects like spiders, butts, and dragonflies to keep u occupied, if u are macro shooter.
    I love to take picture on birds but my digital camera is only 3x zoom. So i shifted my focus to animals in the park. I found there are so many animals to 'shoot'... I even drain my battery at mid point.

GREAT! Me Pls !!!

1) Wakk0
    2) snowspeeder
    4) y0ngcheng
    6)swizard (98265855)
    7 tbteng

To get into the park on Saturdays, a cab is necessary as the bus only goes
    up to the Kranji dam and the walk in is not short unless you take the newly opened Kranji Nature Trail that leads into the park.

Most of the birds are no longer around but this period, if we are lucky, we will catch wild bats, bird nests with birds nesting in them, tree-climbing crabs fighting, wild sea-otters feeding, vibrant cotton mating or even the stork bill king fishers diving into the river for a fish or two....GREAT MACRO venue also for those who do not have long lenses or a smaller camera. I captured most of my keeper shots there

For the record, besides being avid nature shooter with a small camera, I am a trained Nature Guide for Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve. I have been bringing groups of people around the park on educational grounds and hope to
    join you folks on a photographic escapade this time. WakkO is still the leader and organizer of this event, I will just probably suggest the photographic locations while we are there....

See Ya !

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast