Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Circular Polarizer Questions !!

anyone know is it possible to fixed back the polariser lens back to the ring ? i accidently dropped it n the lens drop off, n now i cant fix it back to the ring adapter

oh manz.... no idea... guess u gotta get a new one ?

no choice then

Quote Originally Posted by leeter
    Thnx tingchiyen and guys for replying !!

So the price of a 52mm one is 20+, so a 55mm one wont cost too much either.

Someone in this Forum replied to me in PM that he selling MORA 55mm for 40bucks..... Dun know whether to let u guys know his Name anot.... Somemore i guess he created multi-accounts.

Toking abt neutral or gradated density filters, what is their price like ? damnz... i paiseh to ask sia.... cant even pronounce them correctly... lolz..
    Neutral density filters work abit like sunglasses, it reduces the amount of light reaching the film/sensor, so you can use longer shutter speeds. example of use is on waterfalls and waves to get a smooth silky effect.

Graduated density filters are dark on one end and clear on the other. This is used to control contrast; eg: bright sky and dark foreground. To get detail in both, you need to 'darken' the sky, while letting the foreground remain as it is.

Until you can tell yourself your pictures are suffering from a lack of these filters, you DON'T need them. They are most commonly used for landscape work, and rarely required in street or ordinary shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by leeter
    The Adelphi the one oppossite Funan ?
    Yups, it's opposite funan... at basement 1. Check with david, he's a great guy to get advise from. Like justarius says, don't get ND or grad filters unless you need or know how to use them, practically don't use them at all unless you're really into landscapes and 35mm film.. what with digital and all, you can do all of the necessary tweaking post-shot.

Thnx everyone... i bought it lehz... cosTed me 28 bucks...

The David was nice... bt what is sold to me is abit dusty, + some small mose..... haha... bt so glad i gotten it le !!

and i learnt from him, 55mm is rare.... thus hard to get wat i want....

what did u buy? if it's circular polarizer, how come so ex? I got mine @ $22 only.

Default polarizer

Quote Originally Posted by vincentt_whale
    what did u buy? if it's circular polarizer, how come so ex? I got mine @ $22 only.
    wat brand is it? where u buy it?

MORA brand..... 55mm the one near Funan lor... dun tell me i get choppEd

Circular polarizer is good for color enhancement; lenar polerizer is to cut refractions/flare lights (to get a darker blue sky and reduce reflections on non metallic objects like water). Of course both work the same.

All polarizer should be adjustable. When the shops tell you "non adjustable' type, my guess is they are referring to the square filters like kokin of hoya square. These filters by itself its a flat piece of plastic, therefore "non-adjustable" in the sense. But they are actually also adjustable. if you hold up the filter (or fix on the lens) and rotate the sq filter, there will be a change in polarising......= adjustable.

I got a 72mm size Hoya cir pol recently at $80! a good one will help in enriching the colors on a bright sunny day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12