Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 98

Thread: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

  1. #21

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Don't miss out on the flag raising ceremony at the Golden Bauhinia Square located outside the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre at 8am everyday. Do make a point to reach there no later than 7.40am to give yourself time to compose your angle and photo. You can only reach there by MTR and walking. Allow yourself about 20mins to walk from the MTR to the Golden Bauhinia Square. Study or print out the map in advance as the ceremony wait no one. The place will be crowded with tourists on a good day.

    The Peak, they have 2 viewing areas. The free area and the paid area on top of the Peak Tower's Sky Terrace.Personally I felt the Sky Terrace is worth the visit as the camera angle is much better. REMEMBER to bring a tripod and shutter release cable there. Its really worth the hassle. The "Pacific Coffee" Cafe in the Peak Tower is also worth mentioning to visit. Not for the coffee but it has one side of the sofa facing a huge glass window with a nice view.I think you can just walk inside and take a few quick snaps over there.

    The Goldfish market is also a nice place to visit in the morning. Its located at a corner of Mongkok.

  2. #22
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    anyone got recommendation where to find good and nice smelly beancurds?

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bt.Panjang, Singapore
    Posts
    493

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    anyone got recommendation where to find good and nice smelly beancurds?
    You can get good and nice one from stall opposite Times Square, Causeway Bay or if you are happen to be in Mong Kok you can try the smelly beancurds from a stall opposite Body Shop (when you exit the MTR station from Bank Center exit, intersection Nelson st and Sai Yeung Choi St. South) Also some stalls along Dundas Street opposite the hospital there are many good and nice stalls there.

  4. #24
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by kusircidomo View Post
    if you are happen to be in Mong Kok you can try the smelly beancurds from a stall opposite Body Shop (when you exit the MTR station from Bank Center exit, intersection Nelson st and Sai Yeung Choi St. South)
    is this the one near Arglye Street (not sure if i spelt correctly)?

  5. #25

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    For Photography, should try a place called Tai O. It is a traditional fishing village.

  6. #26

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by gregsz View Post
    For Photography, should try a place called Tai O. It is a traditional fishing village.
    Fully agree. Love the place especially when it had beautiful blue sky.

  7. #27
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    if you are even half keen on photography, go for lunch at the Foreign Correspondent's Club in HK.... their gift shop sells a very cool photographer's vest

    http://www.fcchk.org/fccweb/index.html
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  8. #28
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by gregsz View Post
    For Photography, should try a place called Tai O. It is a traditional fishing village.
    yup i am going there. It's at Lantau island right where the Big Buddha is?

  9. #29

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magix88 View Post
    The Peak, they have 2 viewing areas. The free area and the paid area on top of the Peak Tower's Sky Terrace.Personally I felt the Sky Terrace is worth the visit as the camera angle is much better. .
    Agreed, its def worth it to get up there for a great view.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    thanks!
    1 food place you can try is the honolulu something.

    I saw in other forums abt being able to go up to a certain (quite high floor available to public) of IFC and Bank of China tower in hongkong island. View wise i am not sure as the other time i do not have enuf time to venture to these 2 buildings.

  10. #30

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    bro i asked my friend about the "old cemetaries", he told me one of the places is 柴湾. it's at the end of the mrt line in hong kong. (kinda like pasir ris) maybe you can try to find out more..

    enjoy your trip man!

    i'm also looking forward to my trip in october too.. lol
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bt.Panjang, Singapore
    Posts
    493

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    is this the one near Arglye Street (not sure if i spelt correctly)?
    Yes, It's very close to Arglye st.

  12. #32
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by kusircidomo View Post
    Yes, It's very close to Arglye st.
    haha okies... cos i dun know the exact location when i research last night. Found the photo though,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213880@N00/3745772801/

  13. #33
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoushin View Post
    bro i asked my friend about the "old cemetaries", he told me one of the places is 柴湾. it's at the end of the mrt line in hong kong. (kinda like pasir ris) maybe you can try to find out more..

    enjoy your trip man!

    i'm also looking forward to my trip in october too.. lol
    thanks! i will look it up. I know happy valley got one also.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bt.Panjang, Singapore
    Posts
    493

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by zelot View Post
    I saw in other forums abt being able to go up to a certain (quite high floor available to public) of IFC and Bank of China tower in hongkong island. View wise i am not sure as the other time i do not have enuf time to venture to these 2 buildings.

    It's 55th floor. It is actually Hong Kong Monetary Authority Library.
    If you wish to shoot from here, all will be thru thick glass.


    View to the west is Victoria Harbour, but not that good view and east view, all concrete.

    Well it's library.

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bt.Panjang, Singapore
    Posts
    493

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    thanks! i will look it up. I know happy valley got one also.
    Happy Valley Cemetery is very nice one.. There are 2 cemeteries next to each other there.
    One for Christian and one for Moslem.

    And it's very close to Hong Kong Jockey Club also Causeway Bay, the shopping district.

  16. #36
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by kusircidomo View Post
    Happy Valley Cemetery is very nice one.. There are 2 cemeteries next to each other there.
    One for Christian and one for Moslem.

    And it's very close to Hong Kong Jockey Club also Causeway Bay, the shopping district.
    thats the usual cemetry that we always see in HK dramas right?

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bt.Panjang, Singapore
    Posts
    493

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    thats the usual cemetry that we always see in HK dramas right?
    I'm not too sure if they shoot in Happy Valley one though ( I don't really watch HK dramas )

  18. #38

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    TS - Im not sure if you already know this, but for a good and cheap way of traveling my friend recommends having the Airport Express Tourist Octopus Card on hand.

    It cost HK 220/300 and comes with one/two ride of the airport express train and you get 3 days of unlimited MTR travel, excluding East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations.

    http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/products_index.html

    In addition, I heard that if you purchase multiple copies from the office(and not machine) they will give additional discounts. You may want to check on that
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  19. #39
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    TS - Im not sure if you already know this, but for a good and cheap way of traveling my friend recommends having the Airport Express Tourist Octopus Card on hand.

    It cost HK 220/300 and comes with one/two ride of the airport express train and you get 3 days of unlimited MTR travel, excluding East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations.

    http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/products_index.html

    In addition, I heard that if you purchase multiple copies from the office(and not machine) they will give additional discounts. You may want to check on that
    yup i heard about it too, but just wondering that 3 days unlimited start from when?

    cos i am arriving on a sat... sun i going lantau island area, mon to macau, tues focus on central... so effectively, only sun and tues onwards i will be traveling on the rails and buses...

  20. #40

    Default Re: 6 days HK trip (first timer)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    yup i heard about it too, but just wondering that 3 days unlimited start from when?

    cos i am arriving on a sat... sun i going lantau island area, mon to macau, tues focus on central... so effectively, only sun and tues onwards i will be traveling on the rails and buses...
    Im going to ask them the same question too hehe.

    You can try doing some calculations to see if this tourist pass will present any cost savings to you, otherwise i'll probably get the one-way airport express pass and 2 1-day tourist pass seperately if i were you
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •