Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: By the bay - Esplanade

Default Re: By the bay - Esplanade

Quote Originally Posted by renzokuken View Post
    i know, i've seen your signature
    you're an avid architecture photographer
    your comments will definitely help me to grow

hmmm not choosing this spot
    so you're saying that even if esplanade isn't cut off , the composition would still suck??
    where do you suggest?
    You have to work out the best spot yourself but before that uou need to study each and every building in the scene and look out for balance, proportions and hierarchy to work out a composition. In this instance, you don't find having the Esplanade (big and clunky) being placed on the extreme left and having almost nothing on the right a good balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    You have to work out the best spot yourself but before that uou need to study each and every building in the scene and look out for balance, proportions and hierarchy to work out a composition. In this instance, you don't find having the Esplanade (big and clunky) being placed on the extreme left and having almost nothing on the right a good balance?
    frankly
    i'm very new to composition concepts/theories

I've read about the rules of third (which i didn't use in this instance as i wanted to include everything it it didn't turn out well )

the golden prime areas (some people call it the rules of fifth)
    converging lines
    perspective from a certain point of interest

so i'm pretty new to "weight" and "balance"
    For passion or prestige? A trend or a niche?

Rules do not guarantee good photographs. You can only be taught what rules are but the more critical part of it is knowing how to apply them or throw away everything in the book when the scene calls for it. I'd suggest you study works done by others in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Rules do not guarantee good photographs. You can only be taught what rules are but the more critical part of it is knowing how to apply them or throw away everything in the book when the scene calls for it. I'd suggest you study works done by others in detail.
    the thing is
    i don't even know some of the rules, at my stage of photography i need guidelines

hence i'm planning on investing in photography books
    Last edited by renzokuken; 4th September 2010 at 01:09 AM.
    For passion or prestige? A trend or a niche?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12