Thread: Please step aside, i want Rainer solo pic

Default Please step aside, i want Rainer solo pic

was watching the prize giving ceremony on tv yesterday evening. after collecting their prizes, the 4 swimmers walked as a group past a group of photographers (looks like official photographers or press), the swimmers paused and posted for photographs.
    After a few group shots, one of the pg asked the 'other' swimmers to move aside, so that he can shoot Rainer alone. i cant hear what he says, only saw him doing hand action asking the other swimers to step aside.
    while i understand that the press may 'need' a solo photo of Rainer, i somehow feel sorry for the other swimmers, they were made less significiant at the moment.
    maybe this is a common scene and common request in big events, but i see it for the first time. I wonder what the pro cs'ers think? can give your comment? is there a better way to handle this siutation if I am the pg?

Default Re: Please step aside, i want Rainer solo pic

Actually I don't think that's anything wrong with it. Suppose the photographer is from the local media,I'm sure they need an individual shot of the winner from that particular nation so in this case it's Rainer.

I'm sure there's already an official group photo of the 3 winners already. If the YOG was held say in Turkey and the 1st or significant winner was a Turkish athlete ,I'm sure the same thing would happen.

It's common,I've seen these request especially during those celebrity conferences.First a group photo and then some request would follow for individual celeb/newsmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by sampan View Post
    was watching the prize giving ceremony on tv yesterday evening. after collecting their prizes, the 4 swimmers walked as a group past a group of photographers (looks like official photographers or press), the swimmers paused and posted for photographs.
    After a few group shots, one of the pg asked the 'other' swimmers to move aside, so that he can shoot Rainer alone. i cant hear what he says, only saw him doing hand action asking the other swimers to step aside.
    while i understand that the press may 'need' a solo photo of Rainer, i somehow feel sorry for the other swimmers, they were made less significiant at the moment.
    maybe this is a common scene and common request in big events, but i see it for the first time. I wonder what the pro cs'ers think? can give your comment? is there a better way to handle this siutation if I am the pg?

Since it's only 4 of them, I would have taken individual shots of each of them, just to make sure the others don't feel left out. But that's just me
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

@goon
    i agree there is nothing 'wrong' about it, just wondering if there is a better way to handle this. cos i think if i am the one been asked to step aside, i would emo. But if i am celebtrity then maybe its nothing for me, cos i would get used to it.

@romeo
    yeah, i think its a good idea to take solo shots for each, in the end the pg may or may not use all the solo shots, but it 'costs' him only 1-2min extra. and no nody is left out.

Hi Sampan, I think in this case ,the photographer got no choice coz usually the athletes will be whisked into the changing room or some restricted area after they received their medals but maybe I'm wrong hehe They may either go back to the Games Village or may not appear again.

After that either the photographer have to wait or will have no opportunity to photograph them again or perhaps will have no time coz of the many events happening at one time.

A new photographer once told me that there's one thing they don't have and that is the luxury of time.

Like in those celebrity events,usually the bigger stars will get the attention. Imagine the egos of the 'lesser' stars when everyone's all focus on just one more famous star?

[QUOTE=sampan;6418921]@goon
    i agree there is nothing 'wrong' about it, just wondering if there is a better way to handle this. cos i think if i am the one been asked to step aside, i would emo. But if i am celebtrity then maybe its nothing for me, cos i would get used to it.