Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Portrait shot using kit lens

  1. #41
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,494

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    [QUOTE=xxrenxx;6425694]
    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post

    Tamron 28-75 is almost the same as my kit lens 18-55 m i right to say so?
    Zoom lens. But Tamron give me better aperture value compare to kit lens hence slightly better then kit lens in portrait shot.

    Ic, so lens with focal length 200mm or more = tele zoom?
    go look at this website the table describing lens categories...

    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...era-lenses.htm
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  2. #42

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    [QUOTE=xxrenxx;6425694]
    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post

    Tamron 28-75 is almost the same as my kit lens 18-55 m i right to say so?
    Zoom lens. But Tamron give me better aperture value compare to kit lens hence slightly better then kit lens in portrait shot.

    Ic, so lens with focal length 200mm or more = tele zoom?
    Tamron 28-75 on Kx is equal to 42mm to 112mm. your kit lens is about 18mm to 55mm.
    the focal length is a little different.

    IMO dont underestimate your kit lens. Learn to use it.

    This photo taken using the Pentax DAL 18-55 at 38mm



    another photo using kit lens Pentax DAL 18-55 at 48mm
    Last edited by poseur; 23rd August 2010 at 11:51 PM.
    ....

  3. #43
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    [QUOTE=poseur;6432246]
    Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post

    Tamron 28-75 on Kx is equal to 42mm to 112mm. your kit lens is about 18mm to 55mm.
    the focal length is a little different.

    IMO dont underestimate your kit lens. Learn to use it.
    Thanks, have been playing around with kit lens and it is great also

    Tamron 28-75 on Kx is equal to 42mm to 112mm??

  4. #44

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    To get a nice blurring background, should use lens with at least 50mm. f1.8 and below is good to have if you have the money.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post

    Thanks, have been playing around with kit lens and it is great also

    Tamron 28-75 on Kx is equal to 42mm to 112mm??
    For ppl with no experience with film/full frame cameras, no need to worry about focal lengths so much. Only take note of how much of the subject you want to capture from a certain distance. Simply set your kit lenses (18-55 and 50/55-200/300) to a fixed focal length (28mm, 75mm, 135mm, etc) and see if you are comfortable with the working distance.

    Portraiture is hardly about bokeh. It's all about lighting and expressions. Having a nice clean background helps too.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  6. #46
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,210

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    To get a nice blurring background, should use lens with at least 50mm. f1.8 and below is good to have if you have the money.
    Below is a shot taken using a 50F1.8 (wide open) on a FF. Personally I use this lens mainly for my studio and 1/3 body shots.

    Last edited by Anson; 25th August 2010 at 11:09 AM.

  7. #47
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    Guess i will stick to my kit lens for awhile longer 1st.
    Will then later on get a 2nd hand lens(either pentax AF 50mm 1.4 or Tamron 28-75mm 2.8) from B&S.

    Hard to decide which to get >.<

  8. #48
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,494

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    [QUOTE=poseur;6432246]
    Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post

    Tamron 28-75 on Kx is equal to 42mm to 112mm. your kit lens is about 18mm to 55mm.
    the focal length is a little different.

    IMO dont underestimate your kit lens. Learn to use it.

    This photo taken using the Pentax DAL 18-55 at 38mm



    another photo using kit lens Pentax DAL 18-55 at 48mm
    nice photos~!! great colors.. and nice pretty girls too~!!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  9. #49

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    [QUOTE=enzeru21;6437822]
    Quote Originally Posted by poseur View Post

    nice photos~!! great colors.. and nice pretty girls too~!!
    thank you.
    ....

  10. #50

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Below is a shot taken using a 50F1.8 (wide open) on a FF. Personally I use this lens mainly for my studio and 1/3 body shots.

    nice bokeh...
    ....

  11. #51
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,494

    Default Re: Portrait shot using kit lens

    nice ad for beer too~!!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •