Thread: Anybody been to SGH lately ?

Default Anybody been to SGH lately ?

Have you been to SGH lately ? Since when did they put up all these STUPID irritating procedures just to visit patients ? Trying to create more job for security got many ways, but setting up STUPID procedures like these, the relevant party needs to be SACKED !!

Default Re: Anybody been to SGH lately ?

I beg to differ from your view.
    I was there last week to visit a worker who was hospitalized.
    Now we have to q for a sticker pass to get through the security. The questions they asked are relevant, such as the patient's name, the ward and room, etc.

If your answers correspond with their computer record, you will be given the sticker. It took me abt 2 mins to get through even though her name was not correct n she has changed room.

After that it was a breeze to visit her as the visitors are well controlled and monitored.

All hospitals should have such system in place.
    Well done!
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by lamscreation View Post
    Have you been to SGH lately ? Since when did they put up all these STUPID irritating procedures just to visit patients ? Trying to create more job for security got many ways, but setting up STUPID procedures like these, the relevant party needs to be SACKED !!
    Before reacting you should first check why this whole tracking system was set up. It was to track people who are unknowing carriers of the bird flu virus, if someone carries it and spreads the virus on a certian day and ward, they can then easier track the person and isolate the carrier and everyone else who came into contact to that person.......

Before you call it STUPID, there is always a reason why people do certain things, especially at a hospital, they don't do it to upset people like you

HS

The rationale for the need to track is understandable but SGH screwed up totally. With the sticky tags, they have no control as to who and how many people are visiting the patient at any one time because those tags get passed around. Its a loophole. Sure, they stamp your arms too but the guards will only look at the tags.

In comparison, Tan Tock Seng's method is much better and foolproof. You are required to scan your I.C. at the gantry after registering your name at the counter. Who and how many people visiting a patient is recorded and tracked by the system. If you have not registered your name, you can't pass the gentry. If there are 4 people seeing tha patient, the 5th person cannot pass the gantry. Those on the "waiting list" will receive an SMS informing that somebody before them had vacated the ward and that they can proceed to visit the patient. Now that's control.

Blog Entries

It is the same in TTSH and CGH

I visit SGH quite often cause my gf works there.. Its not only SGH, almost all hospitals are doing that and for quite a few months already. Was told it is to reduce disturbance to patients. If there r already 4 visitors at the bedside, u will not be allowed entry etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    It is the same in TTSH and CGH
    Changi Prison visitation or counselling also the same procedure

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    Changi Prison visitation or counselling also the same procedure
    You got so many friends there?

How many of you have been sick before, and happen to be stuck in a B2/C class, and next bed has so many relatives that they just don't talk quietly, but think they are at a market? And those families that come with little kids that don't have the MUTE switch at the back of their heads?

Bloody irritating when you are trying to recover and still in pain ...

Sometimes, I'd rather have peace and quiet so I can recuperate, as compared to being visited by people, and having to entertain them on top of the pain that I have.

Peace out!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    I visit SGH quite often cause my gf works there.. Its not only SGH, almost all hospitals are doing that and for quite a few months already. Was told it is to reduce disturbance to patients. If there r already 4 visitors at the bedside, u will not be allowed entry etc.
    Thing is, how do they know if the visitors had left?
    When u leave the ward, there's no checking by the guard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Thing is, how do they know if the visitors had left?
    When u leave the ward, there's no checking by the guard.
    visitors are issued a pass, so XX number of pass per bed.
    when you leave, you need to return the pass, so that others can go up

I think this is a good system

Kit's right, the TTSH system is just much more elegant
    The problem with the SGH system is that the visitors simply abuse it by passing their stickers around, apathy or plain sloth
    Have seen some old man peeling a sticker off the 'used' sticker 'disposal' board and then try to pass it off as having registered (the security guard saw him doing it though lol fail)
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Blog Entries

you waited 3 years after joining Clubsnap and this is your first thread and post ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    you waited 3 years after joining Clubsnap and this is your first thread and post ?
    He was waiting soo long for a good subject to whine about