Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: YOG food issue again .....

Default Re: YOG food issue again .....

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    I am neutral to this whole issue - I am not partial or against any decision made with regards to YOG. As for my kids going to YOG, my impression is that they enjoyed themselves and they are happy to be part of the YOG experience. They just got to work harder to catch up.
    i was at the badminton games, like i said, the students enjoyed going tea breaks and toilet breaks much more than the game, i was there to witness this.

also, they were all shock to see the price of the snacks sold there, $6 for a hotdog etc, they had to borrow money from the teachers or each others and share the food later.

how does that contribute to the enjoyment of the games?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Not a food issue but on the road.

YOG bus involved in chain collision along PIE, no injuries

SINGAPORE : There has been a chain collision involving seven vehicles on the PIE towards Tuas before Clementi Avenue 6 on Friday.

One of the vehicles involved was a YOG bus.

The SCDF received the call at around 8.45am.

It despatched two ambulances.

Police said there were no injuries, and no one was rushed to hospital.

The accident resulted in traffic congestion, with the vehicles involved taking up two lanes.

But it was cleared within an hour. - CNA /ls

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...076144/1/.html

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    also, they were all shock to see the price of the snacks sold there, $6 for a hotdog etc, they had to borrow money from the teachers or each others and share the food later.

how does that contribute to the enjoyment of the games?

Probably from the same caterer who contracted to supply F&B for whole event !

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    School is ordered by MOE to creatively engage their student to attend the YOG. Wat tat school did is very creative.

MOE buy tickets for the students to watch for free when many others couldn't even get the ticket for cold hard cash.. and yet pple still complain..

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    MOE buy tickets for the students to watch for free when many others couldn't even get the ticket for cold hard cash.. and yet pple still complain..
    But then students don't show up, or stay for a while only, so how? Many empty seats yet, people can't get it...........got people want to watch also can not. They should have just paid for all tickets for all seats and let the entrance be open for all lah!

So, people can go in and out, free seating.......am sure the seats won't be empty for long anymore

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    But then students don't show up, or stay for a while only, so how? Many empty seats yet, people can't get it...........got people want to watch also can not. They should have just paid for all tickets for all seats and let the entrance be open for all lah!

So, people can go in and out, free seating.......am sure the seats won't be empty for long anymore

HS
    If all the YOG events are free seating then it will not just be $300mil liao..Like that ppl also will complain, especially those who don't watch YOG.. ...no way to please everybody... In addition, future sports events organisers in other countries will not be pleased as we "spoil market"...

As for whether students really enjoy the event, I guess each experience differs. But if it is me, I will enjoy it~! When I was their age, I do enjoy watching sports event on TV, e.g. SEA games. Whatmore some schools even postpone exams because of this, even better for me when I am a student.
    Last edited by scramblur11; 20th August 2010 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post
    As for whether students really enjoy the event, I guess each experience differs. But if it is me, I will enjoy it~! When I was their age, I do enjoy watching sports event on TV, e.g. SEA games. Whatmore some schools even postpone exams because of this, even better for me when I am a student.
    times muz have changed..
    first thing we used to do is to figure which fence got hole so that we can go orchard uh..study.. 8P

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    It's a warning from organizers. You better not complain about quality of the dog food you're getting or you will get poison food instead

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    times muz have changed..
    first thing we used to do is to figure which fence got hole so that we can go orchard uh..study.. 8P
    Tsk, tsk, tsk.........which school are you from? I will tell your head

Tsk, tsk, tsk.........which school are you from? I will tell your head
    if u're referring to my principal(s), well, they're long retired..
    nowdays, young ambitious lads, need to be promoted high up quickly..

if want to tell my head (the one with ears at the side), its left-ear-in-right-ear-out.

plus i tot students have more places to go to now than orchard..

But then students don't show up, or stay for a while only, so how? Many empty seats yet, people can't get it...........got people want to watch also can not.
    HS
    That's the problem.. it's sad to see how MOE wastes tax payer's money..

MOE should, thru the various school channel, first find out how many students want to watch, then juz buy the required no. of tickets.. this way, there's is more tickets to be available for purchase by the public and the students also no need to complain that they're forced to watch the competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post

plus i tot students have more places to go to now than orchard..
    Are you referring to geylang?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567