Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: YOG food issue again .....

Arrow Re: YOG food issue again .....

I'm sorry to know about the food poisoning case involving the volunteers.

You from the Government ministry ?

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post
    So what do you expect him to say? maybe you can draft a speech and send to him...

Anyway, I don't think they are hiding these things lor....

Default Re: YOG food issue again .....

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Looking at the response from the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, there is no word of sympathy for those who had the food poisoning.

Damn atas response too.

http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/08...soning-at-yog/
    he has his meal together with the volunteers? dont he knows those he eats is different from others?

like when ministers take public transport, do u see a crowed train? wait, that is for safety reason.

not so long ago, when iirc president wen of china visited a uni in china, he notice all the students he sees in the uni are pretty boys & girls. he than said during a speach, where are the rest of normal looking students? he is not interested in having an arranged meeting, or something like that.

its all about showmanship my dear csers.

pls dont get me wrong, the whole world does this, it is SOP.

there is a story, in a village, there is a well, drinking from it makes one insane, so all villagers are mental. an outsider came to the village, says the villagers are all insane, but all the villagers said he is the one that mental.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

I'm sorry to know about the food poisoning case involving the volunteers.

You from the Government ministry ?
    Nope.....why? does it make a diff?

maybe if you are not aware, there are still ppl who still support YOG in Spore....I am just one of them...
    Last edited by scramblur11; 19th August 2010 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Unable to comment as i dont know how F1 is funded and how the proceeds are split in Singapore. But i would venture to guess that a big part of the cost is funded via sponsorship and ticket sales and proceeds from the TV broadcasting rights which the F1 organizers share with local parties. Whether or not government subsidizes or funds some of these directly, i really dont know. But all i know is, government would have benefited indirectly from taxation collected from businesses that profited from F1 and to some extent GST collection.

Perhaps you have some concrete information you can share about how much is lost due to F1 ?
    i remember we lost big, but if u want concrete info, pls go dig urself cause i m not here to make a believer out of anyone.

i just thinking out loud thats all.

Arrow Re: YOG food issue again .....

The food poisoning case was not reported in the local media after three days.

It came about after posts in the internet forum.

I'm also aware that there are many Singaporeans who are against the S$387 million dollars price tag.

Cheers.

Nope.....why? does it make a diff?

maybe if you are not aware, there are still ppl who still support YOG in Spore....

The attitude of Singaporeans towards sports is that it will not bring you far in life. Thus there is hardly any interest in professional sports. Even if programs were to be started in schools to cultivate sports, will many of us agree to our kids spending more time in sports than their studies ? Indeed, if it is the government's mandate to drum up interest in sports amongst the younger generation, then the 1st task is to drum up interest. Once u have interest, you can build facilities, hire coaches and what nots. Whats the point of hiring coaches, investing in programs and facilities first when nobody is interested in sports ?

Look at the threads here in CS, it mostly negative about YOG. Hardly is there a positive thread. We have won some medals, but i have yet to see any threads congratulating our athletes. Many expect government to do more for sports in this country, but as a people, what have we done to help in this direction. How many of us have actually gone to support our local athletes or for that matter offer a congratulatory note to the winners and their coaches through online forums like CS ? Many talk about the lack of support by the general public, thus the notion that schools are being "arm twisted" to attend and support. This is a direct by-product of the lack of support by the general public that the government has had to resort to the schools.
    why i dun support local sports has got to do with our local sports not up to world class standard ? i think its different issues... if micheal phelps's is born in SIN, will my lack of support cause him to be 2nd best ?
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

The food poisoning case was not reported in the local media after three days.

It came about after posts in the internet forum.

I'm also aware that there are many Singaporeans who are against the S$387 million dollars price tag.

Cheers.
    To each his/her own opinion..I can understand why some are againist YOG....

I don't really think YOG has direct $$ benefits to most of us (maybe to tourism industry)...but more like a branding/marketing exercise for Singapore, which hopefully can bring benefits in the near future..I think zero o has brought up a few good points.

As you can see yourself, there almost no way that such incidents can be hidden in this internet era.. Just hope that these won't happen again (bad quality food, poisioning etc)...

so how ah? volunteers' medical bill charge to who?

or is it "since u r a volunteer, eat urself lor"?

i remember sometime back, some large scale yatch event was here in singapore, asking for volunteer photog, but not insurance coverage for photog & their eqpt. if eqpt spoil from sea water damge of whatever form, suck thumb.
    Last edited by denniskee; 19th August 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    so how ah? volunteers' medical bill charge to who?

or is it "since u r a volunteer, eat urself lor"?
    Aiya, if nobody complain in the internet or news, then the bill should will be paid by gov.

If the affected volunteers need to pay themselves, you think they will keep quiet meh?

..... of cos if there is an issue the correct approach should be amend it and carry on dun let it spread like wild fire. Accident do happen ... learn from mistake...
    Learn Learn Learn | Flickr

Aiya, if nobody complain in the internet or news, then the bill should will be paid by gov.

If the affected volunteers need to pay themselves, you think they will keep quiet meh?
    hard to tell u know, wait like mrt or bus claim, it may so bloody troublesium that people just dont want to do it.

things like can only claim med bill if poly clinic or govt hospital, private clinic and hospital cant, etc....

just in case, pls dont ask me about concrete info, i m only guessing here, since most govt agency have very detail b&w rules about making claim if one is small fry.
    Last edited by denniskee; 19th August 2010 at 04:31 PM.

i just thinking out loud thats all.
    no worries ...

hard to tell u know, wait like mrt or bus claim, it may so bloody troublesium that people just dont want to do it.

things like can only claim med bill if poly clinic or govt hospital, private clinic and hospital cant, etc....

just in case, pls dont ask me about concrete info, i m only guessing here, since most govt agency have very detail b&w rules about making claim is one is small fry.
    ya possible also....but even if the affected ppl don't make noise, their friends or relatives will as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post

The matrix has you!!!!

So, red pill or blue pill?
    I already took the red pill long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    why i dun support local sports has got to do with our local sports not up to world class standard ? i think its different issues... if micheal phelps's is born in SIN, will my lack of support cause him to be 2nd best ?
    To produce world class athletes, you need nature, nurture & underlying ecosystem. With the right genes, u can produce stronger, faster and better athletes. Then there is nurture - training, conditioning, competition is what hones your skills and development from a mere athlete to a champion. Ecosystem - parent support, society support, economic incentives are some of the critical components here. Ask yourself, do they exist in Singapore, especially the latter 2 ?

The fact is, no Michael Phelps has emerged from Singapore ... even if u have a Michael born in Singapore, do u seriously think that he can be what he is today if he grew up in Singapore, with our present education system emphasizing academic excellence, our current sports programs and our economic system that does not reward athletes contribution ?

On a personal note, as a parent, if your kid shows early potential in a particular sport, are u prepared to commit to the grow him into a world champion, sacrificing study time for trainings and competition or u are going to dissuade him from pursuing sports but focus on his studies instead ? If your answer is to commit to growing him into a world champion, then i think you are perhaps an exception to many other parents here

Without the above, especially parents who are willing to take a chance and commit their children to be world class athletes, there is NO way that we can have the likes of Michale Phelps !
    Last edited by zero o; 19th August 2010 at 05:20 PM.

I'm also aware that there are many Singaporeans who are against the S$387 million dollars price tag..
    I don't really think YOG has direct $$ benefits to most of us (maybe to tourism industry)...but more like a branding/marketing exercise for Singapore, which hopefully can bring benefits in the near future..I think zero o has brought up a few good points.
    I think the $387 million is just all a money game. One pocket into another pocket still within the system no harm.

See, Gov give money to make YOG happen. They award everything to local contractors that is within SG. Contractors give job to many ppl some local Talent than some FT. Than everyone make good decent $$.. So first of all they need to pay their dues, Tax, blah blah blah.. So Gov take back part of the amount already. Than PPL feeling rich start to spend like king have $$ start to buy things big car, big house basically big everything..... Ha ha ha... Here can take back some more from tax , COE, GST and some more ppl get a share of the sweet Pie (our Gov call this the spill over effect) .... Plus, every year more Tax can be collected from the big house and big car. This leads to increase in GDP.

So all and all is just a money game. But the flip side of this money game is things become more expansive. So all this will depends which side of the fence u are on.. If u are on the recieving side.... Huat Arh... If not than pray that u might get a share of the sweet pie.

Like I said, it is just a Matrix....

To produce world class athletes, you need nature, nurture & underlying ecosystem. With the right genes, u can produce stronger, faster and better athletes. Then there is nurture - training, conditioning, competition is what hones your skills and development from a mere athlete to a champion. Ecosystem - parent support, society support, economic incentives are some of the critical components here. Ask yourself, do they exist in Singapore, especially the latter 2 ?

The fact is, no Michael Phelps has emerged from Singapore ... even if u have a Michael born in Singapore, do u seriously think that he can be what he is today if he grew up in Singapore, with our present education system emphasizing academic excellence, our current sports programs and our economic system that does not reward athletes contribution ?

On a personal note, as a parent, if your kid shows early potential in a particular sport, are u prepared to commit to the grow him into a world champion, sacrificing study time for trainings and competition or u are going to dissuade him from pursuing sports but focus on his studies instead ? If your answer is to commit to growing him into a world champion, then i think you are perhaps an exception to many other parents here

Without the above, especially parents who are willing to take a chance and commit their children to be world class athletes, there is NO way that we can have the likes of Michale Phelps !
    ya i agree... its how our system/culture as it is, not because or lack of support to local sports mah...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    I think the $387 million is just all a money game. One pocket into another pocket still within the system no harm.

See, Gov give money to make YOG happen. They award everything to local contractors that is within SG. Contractors give job to many ppl some local Talent than some FT. Than everyone make good decent $$.. So first of all they need to pay their dues, Tax, blah blah blah.. So Gov take back part of the amount already. Than PPL feeling rich start to spend like king have $$ start to buy things big car, big house basically big everything..... Ha ha ha... Here can take back some more from tax , COE, GST and some more ppl get a share of the sweet Pie (our Gov call this the spill over effect) .... Plus, every year more Tax can be collected from the big house and big car. This leads to increase in GDP.

So all and all is just a money game. But the flip side of this money game is things become more expansive. So all this will depends which side of the fence u are on.. If u are on the recieving side.... Huat Arh... If not than pray that u might get a share of the sweet pie.

Like I said, it is just a Matrix....
    but all the building material we have to import, food we have to import... so there are still money spend leh...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

ya i agree... its how our system/culture as it is, not because or lack of support to local sports mah...
    ya .. our culture ... eat, shop, drink, surf internet, watch tv

but all the building material we have to import, food we have to import... so there are still money spend leh...
    True, but famers get paid peanut man. it is always the business man (middle man) that get the most cut out of the pie.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast