Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fotopro tripod

Default Re: Fotopro tripod

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hehehe the term is 'creep', if I'm not mistaken
    If you lock the ballhead and find that the camera still moves, then the ballhead has creep. On a long lens or with macro photography, that creep is usually very noticeable.
    tks for the "creepy" information! just did a dictionary check, didn't know there's such a different meaning in english, new learning today
    yes , i just bought t-1005x, i compared it side by side to the benro A-069 as well earlier, t-1005x is more stable. too bad, they dun have t1004x in shanghai yet, which is strange...t2205x is more longer and stable but it's much heavier for my travel needs.

Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Yes Yes... haha.. FYI, the G10 ball head creeps with heavier setups... so if u have heavy gears, upgrade to G20 ballhead..
    yes tks bro, i top up $20 (100RMB) to the G20, doesn't give me the creeps g10 is pretty good too, but as i didn't had my 70-300, i rather invest on a better ballhead.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post

Thanks to Wonglp for informing us of the creep. What is the "exact" weight of your setup btw? Epl-1 is an all-metal body, yes?
    welcome bro, no, epl-1 is pretty plasticky compared to e-p1/2/pany gf1. that's y its cheaper too,

imo, the e-pl1 (m43) body in general if mount with heavy lens, it may creep more than a dslr as the camera body is much shorter and lighter. so it's more front heavy, so I will need to take care of the creeps probably more than a typical dslr?

my heaviest setup to test fotopro would be e-pl1+mmf1 (43-m43 adapter) +70-300mm = 330+83+615 = close to 1kg
    but my heaviest setup used to test sirui t1005x is e-pl1+konica AR adapter + konica hexanon 50mmf1.4 = 330+50+290 = 670g and it much shorter as well (roughly 8cm difference).
    so u can see my test on the 2 pods are different setup as fotopro test in singapore, sirui test done yesterday and today with 50mmf1.4.
    so basically i plunge into sirui t1005x+g20 coz of the good reviews so far, my "limited testing" due to lack of heaviest setup has given me confidence, and opportunity to get it now in shanghai at 20% lower than singapore . hopefully it doesn't creep with my 70-300 when i test it later today when back singapore. guess the BBB bug just made me irrational,..haha

Disclaimer: i ain't no photography / tripod pro, this is my first investment to a good tripod, so pls do test it yourself with your heaviest setup. And TK foto & artworkfoto both has good service, but sorry I can't give them mine this time

Seems that Sirui T-1004/5 is more popular than M-1004.
    M-1004 can detach a leg as monopod.
    Wonder is it because T series is more stable than M series?

What happened? It is now digressed to "Buy Sirui, dump Fotopro" thread... Now, now guys!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    welcome bro, no, epl-1 is pretty plasticky compared to e-p1/2/pany gf1. that's y its cheaper too,

imo, the e-pl1 (m43) body in general if mount with heavy lens, it may creep more than a dslr as the camera body is much shorter and lighter. so it's more front heavy, so I will need to take care of the creeps probably more than a typical dslr?

my heaviest setup to test fotopro would be e-pl1+mmf1 (43-m43 adapter) +70-300mm = 330+83+615 = close to 1kg
    but my heaviest setup used to test sirui t1005x is e-pl1+konica AR adapter + konica hexanon 50mmf1.4 = 330+50+290 = 670g and it much shorter as well (roughly 8cm difference).
    so u can see my test on the 2 pods are different setup as fotopro test in singapore, sirui test done yesterday and today with 50mmf1.4.
    so basically i plunge into sirui t1005x+g20 coz of the good reviews so far, my "limited testing" due to lack of heaviest setup has given me confidence, and opportunity to get it now in shanghai at 20% lower than singapore . hopefully it doesn't creep with my 70-300 when i test it later today when back singapore. guess the BBB bug just made me irrational,..haha

Disclaimer: i ain't no photography / tripod pro, this is my first investment to a good tripod, so pls do test it yourself with your heaviest setup. And TK foto & artworkfoto both has good service, but sorry I can't give them mine this time
    E-PL1

for the benefit of those unfamiliar...
    Yeah it's more plasticky, so lighter than E-P1.

Never thought about that: lighter body with same lens causes a shift in the center of gravity outwards, thus exerting more torque (have I lost anyone yet?) on the ballhead. Thus it sounds reasonable that a heavier body would actually creep less or not at all... heheheh.

Anyway, thanks for your review of the colour tripod Looks like Sirui is the way to go
    Exploring! :)

E-PL1

for the benefit of those unfamiliar...
    Yeah it's more plasticky, so lighter than E-P1.

Never thought about that: lighter body with same lens causes a shift in the center of gravity outwards, thus exerting more torque (have I lost anyone yet?) on the ballhead. Thus it sounds reasonable that a heavier body would actually creep less or not at all... heheheh.

Anyway, thanks for your review of the colour tripod Looks like Sirui is the way to go
    You sounded like you almost want to get a Sirui yourself! BBB...

You sounded like you almost want to get a Sirui yourself! BBB...
    har??? no thanks...
    Exploring! :)

What happened? It is now digressed to "Buy Sirui, dump Fotopro" thread... Now, now guys!
    haha, my bad, as i was typing this afternoon, i was thinking the same too...but here i am writing a mini review below..haha

E-PL1
    [img]

i did a test with my 70-300mm with t1005x + g20 ballhead, it works very well but i had to note my technique of holding the ballhead plate (instead of camera or lens) to adjust before locking, it helps prevent creeping. I don't think i used this technique that well when I tested on the color fotopro, so maybe i take back the "creeping" problem i faced on the fotopro as it may be due to my poor technique, my bad
    one note is i have to adjust the quick release plate wing nut to the end so that the CG will be closer to the middle of tripod for stability of the camera.
    see picture here.
    another picture of my setup just to give the rest an idea.

conclusion for my m43 setup. i think the G10 is good enough for m43 if I use with current m43 lenses, there was no creep at all coz it's very light.
    but becoz i have the 70-300, it's advisable to use G20. so I'm glad to have upgraded!
    overall, very happy with the purchase, hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by glennaguilar View Post
    yes i will to help for my own opinion. some alternative solution to keep stable in windy areas is to put counter weight below into the hook to add weight of the tripod. just an idea. hehe..
    For the info i bought it in AP Funan. 250. i don't know the price to other store. i don't know cheap or not.
    Thank you for the information you've given us for this Tripod. It really gives me an idea on how this tripod performs. I never thought that the price difference from where you bought the tripod compared to the store where I originally saw the tripod is quite big.

I was selecting between this tripod and the Sirui R2204 with G20 head since before I saw your post, they're almost priced the same. Now that I know that you got it for this price, I may just buy the tripod without the head, if possible, and buy a good ball-head that fits my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by glennaguilar View Post
    yes ive try it already for mirror slap i don't think it will affect the stability of full fix ball head for the wind blow though it not heavy because of carbon fiber components never try it in windy area but for the normal its ok.
    sample image in long exposure using FOTOPRO tripod.

exif: Camera Nikon D90
    Exposure 20
    Aperture f/6.3
    Focal Length 18 mm
    Exposure Bias 0 EV
    Flash No Flash
    Glenn, when was this pic taken? I thought it is not allowed to use tripod at the sky park? It's good if they now allow it coz I plan to go there soon....

Quote Originally Posted by meisterSG View Post
    Glenn, when was this pic taken? I thought it is not allowed to use tripod at the sky park? It's good if they now allow it coz I plan to go there soon....
    last aug 14. bro. yah it is not totally allowed. you can bring but you can't used it. First i know it yah it is not allowed but that time i brought my tripod and the guard below told me that " you can bring your tripod on-top but you are not allowed to use it otherwise if you use it they blaming us because we allowed you to bring. but i saw somebody using so i used it for a few image but not full time. (never let the guard saw me.)
    Nikon D90/AF-S 18-105mm VR/AF50mm 1.8D/MB D80 Grip/GC584/Vitacon W.A. M. Converter.

Quote Originally Posted by des View Post
    Hi, I got a Hama Made in Germany tripod. Never used. Solid as a rock. Interested? Pls call 91593000
    You sounds like trying to act cute with ur MIG tripod?
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

best to go down to a real shop and try with ur gear.. not buy online shop...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Artworkfoto is very accessible if you're nearby Bugis Junction. Go pay them a visit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123