Thread: disappeared?

Question disappeared?

its been 5+ months. i have no idea what happened.

i had this good friend since my last year in nus back in 2002. then 2003, i had to go back and finish serving my last remaining months of NS. this friend went on to do masters deg. even thou serving NS left me with practically no time for anythign else except swimming on sundays, we stil managed to maintain contact.

then in december 2003, suddenly this friend was like...disappeared from earth. email, sms, phonecall, home address...all vanished. from dec2003 till april2004, due to my being in army, i had no time to try other more sophisticated ways of searching.

now, finally beign free from the clutches of the army, i have all the time to go and search for this missing friend. but now...after 5 months...isit too late to start a serious search? and i really dunno where to start..its like all forms of communication are dead...is there any "missing persons" search engine that i can try my luck on?

Er what do you mean by home address. You went to his house and someone else stay's there now ? Maybe he migrated ?

yah. thats right. different person staying there. i also went to the place where my friend did the masters course...they said thsi person graduated and gone already...really clueless now.

Do a full page Missing Person advert in Straits Times.

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    yah. thats right. different person staying there. i also went to the place where my friend did the masters course...they said thsi person graduated and gone already...really clueless now.
    which school did he got his master from...

wow..straits times.. a bit exaggerating? ...i mean, its "just a friend" only lor, even thought its a good friend..as in like, later my friend read already come and me..lolz.

mmm my friend did a masters in bio-statistics in nus, AY2003/2004. should be working in soem govt agency now (thats what my friend told me) ...maybe got posted to an overseas post?

or maybe its just a plain case of 2 people, one stuck in camp, one too BZ with work, and one somehow change contact and simply 4got to update the other, while the other simply got no time left to do a proper updatign also?

haiz..sianz. actually thsi doesnt only apply to my this particular feiend. i was thinking; do u ever one fine day wonder where all your other "missing" friends had goen to? from kindergarten to primary school to sec school to jc to army to uni to...to now? it feels really weird to ponder about all these things lor..keke..haiz..maybe its coz i m facing a new phase of life..ORD-ing and gonna start working adult life soon..maybe thats why this kind of thing pop up

look for him in friendster

Maybe you can begin by giving us a name ... S'pore's a small world, he may a mutual friend of ours!

Ya... better still name and photo...

I am studying in graduate school NUS too... maybe would know someone who knows him... Is he from Mathematics, Biology or Medicine?.. cos biostatistics MSc can come from anyone of these department/faculty...

wow..straits times.. a bit exaggerating? ...i mean, its "just a friend" only lor, even thought its a good friend..as in like, later my friend read already come and me..lolz.

mmm my friend did a masters in bio-statistics in nus, AY2003/2004. should be working in soem govt agency now (thats what my friend told me) ...maybe got posted to an overseas post?

or maybe its just a plain case of 2 people, one stuck in camp, one too BZ with work, and one somehow change contact and simply 4got to update the other, while the other simply got no time left to do a proper updatign also?

haiz..sianz. actually thsi doesnt only apply to my this particular feiend. i was thinking; do u ever one fine day wonder where all your other "missing" friends had goen to? from kindergarten to primary school to sec school to jc to army to uni to...to now? it feels really weird to ponder about all these things lor..keke..haiz..maybe its coz i m facing a new phase of life..ORD-ing and gonna start working adult life soon..maybe thats why this kind of thing pop up
    Maybe he's working in top secret govt. agency like DSTA, DSO, etc & has to remain incognito.....

hmmz i think tentatively preserve my friend's privacy should be better anyway my friend was from nus majored in statictics, bsc hons 2nd upper, from AY1999/2000 to AY2002/2003. then went on a govt scholarship to do bio-statistics masters. also mentioned that paul cheung (chief statitician in sg...did i get the name right?) will be my friend's ultimate boss.

ah well. i will try friendster as suggested by zek, and try search in the govt adnd nus depts again.

actually apart fro mthsi friend, thee r other "missing friends" as well

hmmz i think tentatively preserve my friend's privacy should be better anyway my friend was from nus majored in statictics, bsc hons 2nd upper, from AY1999/2000 to AY2002/2003. then went on a govt scholarship to do bio-statistics masters. also mentioned that paul cheung (chief statitician in sg...did i get the name right?) will be my friend's ultimate boss.

ah well. i will try friendster as suggested by zek, and try search in the govt adnd nus depts again.

actually apart fro mthsi friend, thee r other "missing friends" as well

haha, Paul Cheung was one my lecturers too many eons ago.

Maybe your 'friends' are all trying to avoid you for some reason..

[QUOTE=clive}actually apart fro mthsi friend, thee r other "missing friends" as well [/QUOTE]

Maybe they've all gone to join CIA or FBI or Scotland Yard?

Singapore is too small to avoid not seeing another person. So many men went out with another girls and met their GFs on the streets. They just go to cinemas with the new girls now to cheat.

Maybe this friend was just imaginary all along. Did this person ever age? You may have a beautiful mind, and the army cured you.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Maybe this friend was just imaginary all along. Did this person ever age? You may have a beautiful mind, and the army cured you.
    u were referring to that russel crowe movie?..mm i didnt watch it..dunno the details..so i dont understand what u said..lolz . nvm lah..monday i take a trip to nus and the govt depts again.