Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to shoot at night?

Default Re: How to shoot at night?

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    AH~! this one is something worth trying~!! great solution you have there bro.. didn't think of that..

haha, thats why you guys are the Senior members~!!
    I'm not really senior member - only a bit stubborn not to accept a situation unless I bang my head enough times on it already. Sometimes the wall breaks. Sometimes the head hurts. Sometimes there's a compromise (the head hurts but the wall still breaks)

It's similar to shooting. Sometimes we don't have a nice sky or it's raining for landscape... so just shoot something else. Or work around the situation. Yet I see some people will give up too easily.

I think Photoshop solution works also, and that's prob something I would do/try also, but TS was like "People or scenery and cannot have both"which kinda put me off.
    Last edited by wildcat; 18th August 2010 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I'm not really senior member - only a bit stubborn not to accept a situation unless I bang my head enough times on it already. Sometimes the wall breaks. Sometimes the head hurts. Sometimes there's a compromise (the head hurts but the wall still breaks)

It's similar to shooting. Sometimes we don't have a nice sky or it's raining for landscape... so just shoot something else. Or work around the situation. Yet I see some people will give up too easily.
    True true... got much to learn... 活到老, 学到老~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

I think Photoshop solution works also, and that's prob something I would do/try also, but TS was like "People or scenery and cannot have both"which kinda put me off.

well said

yeah lor... people offer so much suggestion already, still can say "....cannot have both..." sigh...
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbot Man View Post
    With flash:

Flash = Manual Mode, starting 1/4...
    Aperture = f11
    Shutter = 1 / 30 or 1 / 15 (you family needs to standstill and not running around)
    ISO = at least 3200 (camera with good ISO performance is essential)
    Tripod = important.
    why f/11 though...?
    Trying to get extreme depth of field or something? You give up so many stops of light, that the shutter speed has to be so long, which increases the risk of ghosting in the photo.
    Easier to step back and bit until focusing distance is close to the infinity position, then you will have decent sharpness on the background.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    yeah lor... people offer so much suggestion already, still can say "....cannot have both..." sigh...
    chill la, some people are really blur when they come into the world of DSLR..

alot of people are joining in the DSLR community just becos its cheap and its HIP~!

hais.. machiam go everywhere oso see young school girls or couples with DSLR... then some only keep using AUTO mode in the restaurant the built in flash, flash here flash there...
    mylightedreams

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    hais.. machiam go everywhere oso see young school girls or couples with DSLR... then some only keep using AUTO mode in the restaurant the built in flash, flash here flash there...
    I more scared when see young school girls take better photos than me. There are a few of them around. In fact, one of the best active photographers in CS is like really young also. learnt a lot from his postings.

I more scared when see young school girls take better photos than me. There are a few of them around. In fact, one of the best active photographers in CS is like really young also. learnt a lot from his postings.
    no la, just think that too many people are trying to 'ACT' pro.. but ofcourse there are those that are really good, or those that are really into art..

ya there are afew young talents here in this forum.. found 2 le.. haha.. so who is this one that you are referring to??
    mylightedreams

I read quite a number of post saying that the best time to shoot at night is during the blue hour which only last for ~30 mins.

I like night shoot at anytime as it's cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    I read quite a number of post saying that the best time to shoot at night is during the blue hour which only last for ~30 mins.

I like night shoot at anytime as it's cooling.
    its 30mins before and after the sunset..

same for sunrise...

but these are for sun and landscapes la.. you wan to shoot other thing can shoot at other time..
    mylightedreams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12