Thread: Cheapest way to ship things from SG to US?

Default Cheapest way to ship things from SG to US?

Am looking for the cheapest way to ship things/bulky items from Singapore to US. Anyone any experience?
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

Default Re: Cheapest way to ship things from SG to US?

Depending on the weight and bulkiness of your items.

If the items are small, then via FedEx, DHL, etc is the best method.

For economical items, and no time issues, then normal postal may be the way.

If the items are big, such as a few "tables" size, then via Seafreight (LCL) is the answer.
    For certain areas where the seaport is far from the inland (like in many European countries), then air may be the better method.

If the items are numerous to fill up a whole room, then via container is the only way.

If money is no issue, or the items are very costly, then door-to-door is the only way.
    Last edited by Canonised; 17th August 2010 at 10:45 AM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Let's say you are going to ship a heavy tripod or sorts. Actually its a telescope mount. Weight will be around 10kg. From SG to US, any specific good courier?

Cos when I ask Singpost, its like S$30 for 1kg liao.

Member/Tangshooter

I often use VPOST to send items from US -> Sing.

But, I am not sure if you are able to send items from Sing -> US via VPOST, it should be cheaper... comparing to DHL / UPS etc...

Quote Originally Posted by andeelym View Post
    Let's say you are going to ship a heavy tripod or sorts. Actually its a telescope mount. Weight will be around 10kg. From SG to US, any specific good courier?

Cos when I ask Singpost, its like S$30 for 1kg liao.
    You need to know the weight and dimensions of the tripod and can try: Borderlinx site. There's a shipping fee calculator there so you know the rough charges

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    You need to know the weight and dimensions of the tripod and can try: Borderlinx site. There's a shipping fee calculator there so you know the rough charges
    I'm sending things from Singapore to US, not the usual US to Singapore.

FYI, I did a cost comparison recently, comgateway is the cheapest courier for US to SG. And with the various tieups with companies like AMEX, UOB and paypal. its even cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by andeelym View Post
    Am looking for the cheapest way to ship things/bulky items from Singapore to US. Anyone any experience?
    Just check the Singpost website, they have a pricelist in pdf for Airmail, SAL and EMS (Speedpost Courier), for bulky and heavy items courier is expensive, if timing is not ss important look into SAL (costs is in between Airmail parcel and EMS courier)

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Just check the Singpost website, they have a pricelist in pdf for Airmail, SAL and EMS (Speedpost Courier), for bulky and heavy items courier is expensive, if timing is not ss important look into SAL (costs is in between Airmail parcel and EMS courier)
    Oh great! Its not as expensive as I thought it will be.

Thanks for the pointer.