Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canon vs Nikon

Default Re: Canon vs Nikon

@youngblood if you're really looking for upgrade, go for the canon 550D, 50D or the 60D (which canon announced to replace the 50D soon). if you got even more bucks in your bank, you might wanna considering the 7D or the 5Dmk2 (this is a fullframe camera fyi). Don't really suggesting to change brand as Canon is already a top brand.

Not trying to start a brand war,

Youngblood, if your concern is about very good low light shooting but budget not enough to reach FF yet, do look out for upcoming Sony new "never-seen-before" cameras that going to be announced next week.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...75#post6414975

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    I thought is has been mentioned many times: it's simply not important. Canon or Nikon or any other brand is a matter of personal taste, existing experiences or equipment, friends to share with or other soft factors. In terms of specs and technical details both brands deliver, and some other brands do the same.
    Possible solution: go to the shops and hug all cameras there. Check the menus, buttons, dials.. see what fits your hands. No point getting a supposedly better camera brand if you start cursing the position of some buttons during shooting.
    Comments about more natural colours / vibrant colours / whatnot are rather esoteric. You can find many test results in www.dpreview.com. DSLR are meant to process the image later - which will ultimately have a much greater impact on the image.
    Hi Octarine,

Thanks.

Yes after reading all the postings and some other threads else where, i know it is not that important now. Hence I was reiterating it is no longer an issue towards the end of the thread. Just need to get on the right track on what gear (no 100% right also, skills vary) rather than the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Also note that it does not mean you should not look for better light.
    Eg. In a concert; wait for the spot light to shine on the subject before snapping or when a particular scene has better lighting.
    Thanks Pinhole. Your last sentence knocked me in the head. I was so caught up with the gear that I totally forgot about the most important thing $ cannot buy - common sense.

Thanks to other bros for your comments on other brands, and other ways to overcome the problems. Very helpful and insightful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
    Not trying to start a brand war,

Youngblood, if your concern is about very good low light shooting but budget not enough to reach FF yet, do look out for upcoming Sony new "never-seen-before" cameras that going to be announced next week.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...75#post6414975
    ohh yeah... sony might have much better camera in the market. it seems its quite promising. just wait longer and demo with it when it comes to store

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Badger View Post
    ohh yeah... sony might have much better camera in the market. it seems its quite promising. just wait longer and demo with it when it comes to store
    Yup, there's no BEST in this world on permanent basis. Competition will always catch up and overtake someday.

Nokia also did not anticipate that Apple would be so successful in mobile phone market nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
    Yup, there's no BEST in this world on permanent basis. Competition will always catch up and overtake someday.

Nokia also did not anticipate that Apple would be so successful in mobile phone market nowadays...
    Yah lor. Just have to get the brand you prefer and the best gear to fit the budget at that point in time. There will always be a good, better, best for different people at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
    Anthony Lee,

Would love to ask you to elaborate but it is a waste of time. Look through how I start the posting and how I concluded it. All were suggestions from bros here and I went for it. I would even explore using flash to improve. Am I still wondering whether it is nikon or canon? So please, you were a newbie once so get off your high horse.

If you don't like my thread or newbies like me you do not have to waste time posting your thoughts to antagonize me. I am a newbie but I am not a kid.

Hi Enzeru 21 - Thank you. It is people like you that makes this hobby a more joyful one.
    Good luck to you hopefully you will learn one fine day. If you keep on insisting on what you prefer to do your learning curve will be much longer and then you will know what I meant by wasting your time. By the way, I started SLR photogrpahy in 1964, attended a one year course and did 3 months apprenticeship with an accredited photo studio. That's how we learnt then.
    Home is where the heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear in defining the situations. Let me describe the kind of sitations that can't use flash: certain concerts (not all), theatre performances, impromptu moments involving strangers, etc, bascially any situations where using flash is prohibited or inconvenient or intrusive. What do I need/or do to get a decent/good shot in such circumstances? I thought getting a faster lens/camera would help, at least this is what I gather so far. I am also a bit confused now after reading all the different postings. Let me know if I am wrong and I am happy to tweak my purchasing decisions.
    wah concerts!! that one u need pro level gears, stage pass & access to the rehearsal.

anyway, we can only advice u, in what manner u take it is up to u, some people are ok with straight forward advice, other prefer round approach.
    Last edited by denniskee; 19th August 2010 at 04:17 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345