Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

  1. #1

    Default tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    anyone can share the difference between this 2 lens in terms or image quality?
    currently using fa50mm 1.4 considering which of the above lens to get.

  2. #2

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by crow84 View Post
    anyone can share the difference between this 2 lens in terms or image quality?
    currently using fa50mm 1.4 considering which of the above lens to get.
    Should be the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 right ?
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  3. #3

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    yaya .. pai seh

  4. #4
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    I have the 17-50 and it stays on my camera most of the time as the main workhorse lens. f/2.8 throughout the 17mm to 50mm zoom range means I can shoot practically anything my eye can see, so it's incredibly versatile. The DA35 is just as versatile, but in a different way. You'll be constrained to 35mm focal length but you can shoot anything from short portraits, candids, low light, flower macro, food, product, etc with it, plus the Limited build quality.

    That said you might find yourself using the FA50 much less when you get the 17-50, at least that was my experience.

  5. #5

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    I have the 17-50 and it stays on my camera most of the time as the main workhorse lens. f/2.8 throughout the 17mm to 50mm zoom range means I can shoot practically anything my eye can see, so it's incredibly versatile. The DA35 is just as versatile, but in a different way. You'll be constrained to 35mm focal length but you can shoot anything from short portraits, candids, low light, flower macro, food, product, etc with it, plus the Limited build quality.

    That said you might find yourself using the FA50 much less when you get the 17-50, at least that was my experience.
    Same . I got the 17-50 too. 60% on my camera - 30% for my FA 50 and the rest 10% for my telezoom.
    I only need FA 50 when it's really in low light , or I really want to carry something really light out for that day . If not Tamron is my walk around lens
    I had try Brian DA35 before. Indeed the Pic quality is much better however u lost out in wide angle which sometime is quite frustrating. However DA 35 got macro which is a very + point. And also the weight is much lighter.
    Conclusion , if u got a wide angle lens (10-20 or 12-24) to accompany yr DA 35 , with yr FA50 you are very well cover.
    However if you doesn’t , I would suggest the Tamron 17-50 , as you can really do quite a lot of shooting with it alone

    Build wise .... no need to say ..... limited sure win ... lol
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Same . I got the 17-50 too. 60% on my camera - 30% for my FA 50 and the rest 10% for my telezoom.
    I only need FA 50 when it's really in low light , or I really want to carry something really light out for that day . If not Tamron is my walk around lens
    I had try Brian DA35 before. Indeed the Pic quality is much better however u lost out in wide angle which sometime is quite frustrating. However DA 35 got macro which is a very + point. And also the weight is much lighter.
    Conclusion , if u got a wide angle lens (10-20 or 12-24) to accompany yr DA 35 , with yr FA50 you are very well cover.
    However if you doesn’t , I would suggest the Tamron 17-50 , as you can really do quite a lot of shooting with it alone

    Build wise .... no need to say ..... limited sure win ... lol
    I agree with what Simon just said, if you are planning to get a uwa in the future, go for the DA35. If not, it's best to stick with the 17-50 as it is a much more versatile lens to use.

    My personal experience is that the DA35 has a good FOV but I have missed out a couple of nice shots just because it is just not wide enough. The perspective is very different from 17-35.
    Body - K-x, KX, ME
    Lens - DAL18-55, DAL55-300, DA 35 Ltd, M 50 F1.7, A 50 F1.7, Sigma 10-20

  7. #7

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    thanks brothers.
    tamron 17-50 2.8 wad is the difference between the vc ?
    and is sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 better den tamron ?

  8. #8
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,362

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by crow84 View Post
    tamron 17-50 2.8 wad is the difference between the vc ?
    and is sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 better den tamron ?
    VC = Vibration Control, Tamron's version of IS/VR ...
    What do you consider as better feature / function / performance? What reviews have you read so far?
    Sigma 17-70 for Pentax
    EOS

  9. #9

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    VC not available for pentax mount right? since the body is image stabilised already.

  10. #10
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Wrong, both new Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.0 OS HSM & even newer Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 OS HSM is same as with other mount. Even with our Pentax mount version, there built in OS in the lens that can be on or off. And you either off the body's or off the len's when using, you get to choose either.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

  11. #11
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    Wrong, both new Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.0 OS HSM & even newer Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 OS HSM is same as with other mount. Even with our Pentax mount version, there built in OS in the lens that can be on or off. And you either off the body's or off the len's when using, you get to choose either.
    But the Tamron 17-50 VC (B005) is only available in C/N mount. Sony & Pentax users only can get the non-VC A16 version, since it doesn't make sense to waste money on optical stabilization for short lenses.

  12. #12

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Actually, if I were you, I'd grab the FA35/2 that Bernard is selling in BnS now in an instant

  13. #13

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    think the tamron is a good lens, very gian it too

    but dunno how to dispose off the kit-lens hehe

  14. #14

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by ayuready View Post
    think the tamron is a good lens, very gian it too

    but dunno how to dispose off the kit-lens hehe
    keep it lah lightweight and versatile... can just pop it on if u need to lend the camera to someone

    can't sell for a fantastic price anyway...

  15. #15
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by ayuready View Post
    think the tamron is a good lens, very gian it too

    but dunno how to dispose off the kit-lens hehe
    Sell it off in B&S thread . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  16. #16

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Sell it off in B&S thread . . .
    haha dun think there will be any taker

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Actually, if I were you, I'd grab the FA35/2 that Bernard is selling in BnS now in an instant
    Thank u! Got free ad! But this is tamron vs DA le... ;-)

  18. #18
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Silly zoom vs prime lens debate. So typical... it shouldn't be an either or comparison, you need to learn to appreciate and know how use a prime lens or a zoom.

    That said, the FA35 f/2 is very sharp, especially wide open, and maybe because I don't have a good impression of Tamron build quality, the choice to me is dead obvious...

  19. #19

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Thank u! Got free ad! But this is tamron vs DA le... ;-)
    FA35, fast at f2. Sharp as razor. 35mm lens already focus up to ~35cm for close up shots.
    I'd get it in a instant if I did not have it.

  20. #20
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I'd get it in a instant if I did not have it.
    If you have the dough of course can lah.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •