Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: brand of Camera for underwater diving

  1. #1

    Default brand of Camera for underwater diving

    HI

    would like to find out which brand is preferred for underwater diving : Canon or Nikon?


  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    EOS

  3. #3
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    both canon and nikon camera will die if you bring it diving...

    you need to have some sort of waterproofing...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  4. #4
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    both canon and nikon camera will die if you bring it diving...

    you need to have some sort of waterproofing...
    Not all...

    There is one Nikon that will work... Or Kodak.. depending on how you want to refer to the camera.

    http://gizmodo.com/5532611/the-secre...nikonos-camera

    But if you shoot film, you can still buy these used:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikonos
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th August 2010 at 03:03 PM.

  5. #5
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Not all...

    There is one Nikon that will work... Or Kodak.. depending on how you want to refer to the camera.

    http://http://gizmodo.com/5532611/th...nikonos-camera
    OH thanks Daredevil bro, i didn't know about that one~!!! haha.. when in army that time, singapore never provide such stuff... LOL..

    cheers~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    OH thanks Daredevil bro, i didn't know about that one~!!! haha.. when in army that time, singapore never provide such stuff... LOL..

    cheers~!
    hahaha... slightly over 100 are made only. And all went to US military. And all are black and white only.

    Film nikonos you can still buy. I saw one in Peninsular once I think.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th August 2010 at 03:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    hahaha... slightly over 100 are made only. And all went to US military. And all are black and white only.

    Film nikonos you can still buy. I saw one in Peninsular once I think.
    wa, US only, ya i guess their tech is really high level for their military...


    haha, no la, no thanks.. will just stick to my little 500D.. not intending to go diving anytime soon anyway.. lol..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    wa, US only, ya i guess their tech is really high level for their military...


    haha, no la, no thanks.. will just stick to my little 500D.. not intending to go diving anytime soon anyway.. lol..
    This was quite a while back already. The internal sensor is 1.3MP black and white.

    I think they probably have some kickass underwater camera now.

  9. #9
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    This was quite a while back already. The internal sensor is 1.3MP black and white.

    I think they probably have some kickass underwater camera now.
    ok, we better stop discussing this, later Mod say we hijack people's thread..

    to TS, you can get any camera then get the right underwater casing to bring for diving.. just make sure you check got no leaks~!!

    you don't want your 7D or nikon D3 to drink any sea water~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    ok, we better stop discussing this, later Mod say we hijack people's thread..

    to TS, you can get any camera then get the right underwater casing to bring for diving.. just make sure you check got no leaks~!!

    you don't want your 7D or nikon D3 to drink any sea water~!
    Yes, and once you get your underwater casing, before every dive always be vigilant to check all your oil seals and O rings to make sure they are ok.

  11. #11

    Default Re: brand of Camera for underwater diving

    from my understanding.... most DSLR underwater photograher uses Nikon instead of Canon... if prosumer, then it'll be Canon G9 G10 and G11

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •