Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Some enquries on DSLR

Default Re: Some enquries on DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by saDdyJ86 View Post
    hmm.. just wondering is there such thing as degree or diploma in photography? hahax.
    You might wanna check with the art schools (SOTA, NAFA, etc), I would think they will have courses on photography. As a full degree, maybe quite unlikely...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

I have a friend who took a photography dip. from NAFA , every weekend he has homework in the form of shooting pics which fit a certain theme. The teacher is there on site to review and critique their pics based on the 9 (i think) elements of composition.

And once every 2 weeks they are supposed to shoot using film only, not digital...
    Nikon D750 and some manual focus primes :)

hmm.. just wondering is there such thing as degree or diploma in photography? hahax.
    There's such a degree being offered in UCLA but it is one of the modules in film studies. There are famous graduates who became photographers and cinematographers. It would be expensive though if you're considering.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

sound like quite expensive in taking up photography degree or diploma, but do they cover topic like how to use photoshop or like how to edit your photos? and by the way, how much can a photographer earn? is there such job like hiring part time novice photographer with no experience? lolx.

my cousin took afew modules as part of Raffles design institute course...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

sound like quite expensive in taking up photography degree or diploma, but do they cover topic like how to use photoshop or like how to edit your photos? and by the way, how much can a photographer earn? is there such job like hiring part time novice photographer with no experience? lolx.

To be honest, there are good ones out there lurking amongst us making good money. Then there are those who take good photos and want to earn good easy money. Novice photographers must work very hard especially no experience. Then again if you don't try you never know.

lolx. but in this forum, is there any category meant for hiring part time photographer without any experience? or any studio kind of job? hahax.

lolx. but in this forum, is there any category meant for hiring part time photographer without any experience? or any studio kind of job? hahax.
    go look in the services wanted section~!! try ur luck~!!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Blog Entries

Of course they cover digital imaging and PP in photography degree programs. They will also cover film development, and you will have to work in the darkroom quite a bit when in the program.

Some photographers make very little, some make a lot. On top of your skills and photographic work, a lot depends on your marketing skills and a hell lot of luck.

No one will hire a photographer with no experience to take on a serious project. Your best bet is to try to find jobs as photographer's assistant. You have to start off carrying gear, and help doing setups of lighting etc.. But that is how you learn also. And the pay is not high. But that is the best way to start out.

Hmm...try your luck and let us know. Maybe I also want to try.

thanks gentlemen for your wonderful help and support for me this noob guy, once i got my DSLR, i will start and upload my pictures in this forum. hope your guy can enlighten me and give me comment. but sorry that i have to take quite a while to get my DSLR as i'm saving money now. thanks guy, your very helpful. thanks.

Just go for Sony.

thanks gentlemen for your wonderful help and support for me this noob guy, once i got my DSLR, i will start and upload my pictures in this forum. hope your guy can enlighten me and give me comment. but sorry that i have to take quite a while to get my DSLR as i'm saving money now. thanks guy, your very helpful. thanks.
    You still student ah? Maybe start off with 2nd hand camera. Most people start off with 2nd hand camera to learn the basics and when more experienced then buy more "power" camera.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Just go for Sony.
    lolx. why go for Sony ah?

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    You still student ah? Maybe start off with 2nd hand camera. Most people start off with 2nd hand camera to learn the basics and when more experienced then buy more "power" camera.
    yup. currently studying and working at the same time. at first i wanted to get a 2nd hand camera, but then, i know nut about how to check the condition of a used camera, so in order not to waste my money, i rather invest in a new ones. hahax.

lolx. why go for Sony ah?

yup. currently studying and working at the same time. at first i wanted to get a 2nd hand camera, but then, i know nut about how to check the condition of a used camera, so in order not to waste my money, i rather invest in a new ones. hahax.
    Maybe get a pns first. There are some cheap Canon and Nikon pns costing less than $120. They come with program scene setting like sports, portrait, macro etc. with auto everything. Not outstanding but good enough to let you learn the basics of photography like composition and rules of third. Maybe you say you already know the basics but actually capturing a shot based on the theory is not that easy.

Later when you get a DSLR, the pns is still useful. I keep them in the car for the sometimes candid shot where DSLR is too bulky to carry around everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Maybe get a pns first. There are some cheap Canon and Nikon pns costing less than $120. They come with program scene setting like sports, portrait, macro etc. with auto everything. Not outstanding but good enough to let you learn the basics of photography like composition and rules of third. Maybe you say you already know the basics but actually capturing a shot based on the theory is not that easy.

Later when you get a DSLR, the pns is still useful. I keep them in the car for the sometimes candid shot where DSLR is too bulky to carry around everyday.
    hmm.. i see. thanks pal, thanks for your tips. your're great.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345