Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106

Thread: Wide Angel Lens

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shunfu Road, Singapore
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I wish people wouldn't put 2 times 1.6 in a sentence that is supposed to mean "to times 1.6" rather than "two times 1.6"

    Okay, I'm being anal today. Which isn't unusual.

    I suppose still not anal enough to correct that it's supposed to be "to multiply by 1.6"...
    You are absolutely correct to point this out as it makes for extremely bad reading. One must write, "to multiply" instead of, "to times", or worse still, "2 times". So if you say "2 times 1.6" it will mean "2 X 1.6". And "two times two" = 4, that's the correct way of using "times".
    Last edited by Anthony Lee; 17th August 2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Home is where the heart is.

  2. #82
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Tell me when. I go outside your window and wait. Please throw the markins ballhead out together with your T2204x.
    FYI, you've got the wrong model. Secondly... I prefer to throw out my recently broken aircooler...

    No idea what the Lee 14-24 holder costs? But it seems too costly already since the filter sizes will all need to be big as well... Not when I've decided to go 100X150mm...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  3. #83
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I wish people wouldn't put 2 times 1.6 in a sentence that is supposed to mean "to times 1.6" rather than "two times 1.6"

    Okay, I'm being anal today. Which isn't unusual.

    I suppose still not anal enough to correct that it's supposed to be "to multiply by 1.6"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    You are absolutely correct to point this out as it makes for extremely bad reading. One must write, "to multiply" instead of, "to times", or worse still, "2 times". So if you say "2 times 1.6" it will mean "2 X 1.6".
    Yup... I had 2 rid like 3 tymes 2 understand wot tht dude was tryin 2 say.

    My goodness, this is not SMS... write properly!!

  4. #84

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post

    Sigma 12-24 for FX
    scary....
    oh.. my dream lens...

  5. #85
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    FYI, you've got the wrong model. Secondly... I prefer to throw out my recently broken aircooler...

    No idea what the Lee 14-24 holder costs? But it seems too costly already since the filter sizes will all need to be big as well... Not when I've decided to go 100X150mm...
    Don't matter. I just want your markins.

    And the Lee holder for 14-24? See the pricing at http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product...2889&PT_ID=746

    Don't get heart attack.. when you see the price... 270.00. For the holder and collar mount alone...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 17th August 2010 at 09:03 PM.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shunfu Road, Singapore
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yup... I had 2 rid like 3 tymes 2 understand wot tht dude was tryin 2 say.

    My goodness, this is not SMS... write properly!!
    And "Wide Angel Lens" can also mean "wide lens for the angels in heaven only".
    Home is where the heart is.

  7. #87
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    And "Wide Angel Lens" can also mean "wide lens for the angels in heaven only".
    Wait...maybe it's WHITE angel lens? You aim at a distant horizon with sun rays piercing through the dramatic clouds and then next you'll see a group of white angels will descend upon you...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 17th August 2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  8. #88
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Don't matter. I just want your markins.

    And the Lee holder for 14-24? See the pricing at http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product...2889&PT_ID=746

    Don't get heart attack.. when you see the price... 270.00. For the holder and collar mount alone...
    ......... Yeah right!

    Too rich for my blood... I'll skip the 14-24... Unless you go for the DIY version someone recently put up for sale...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the far east of Singapore
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    i wanna get the UWA for quite sometime but cant seem to make myself fork out the dough for the lens. :P

    perhaps one day...

  10. #90

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    ......... Yeah right!

    Too rich for my blood... I'll skip the 14-24... Unless you go for the DIY version someone recently put up for sale...
    Lens can DIY??

  11. #91
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Kopred View Post
    Lens can DIY??
    The Filter holder....
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  12. #92
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by rickbath View Post
    i wanna get the UWA for quite sometime but cant seem to make myself fork out the dough for the lens. :P

    perhaps one day...
    One good trick is to do a panorama shot.
    Even for those of us with UWA... wide is never wide enough

  13. #93
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    One good trick is to do a panorama shot.
    Even for those of us with UWA... wide is never wide enough
    Given your insatiable appetite for the Super-duper Ultra Wides... I don't think even the Sigma 12-24 or 8-16mm can do much to help you...

    You might want to explore the 180 degree Fish-eye lenses and then figure a way out to solve the distortions...

    But to think about it, once you've solved the 180 degrees...you might be tempted to go for 270 degrees... and then finally 360 degrees... And then 720 degrees...etc etc etc...

    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  14. #94
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Or the 4.5mm they released for DX...
    (which I have been eyeing for a long time... hope to strike Toto)
    kriegsketten obviously missed this post of mine. Here it is again!
    And it stops at 360 degrees, afterwhich I will have to go upwards or downwards.

    There is also the 6mm f2.8 Nikkor lens with 220 degrees of view.

    Hmm.. are we going off topic (kopitiam style) on this thread? Haha.
    Last edited by wildcat; 18th August 2010 at 11:57 AM.

  15. #95
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    kriegsketten obviously missed this post of mine. Here it is again!
    And it stops at 360 degrees, afterwhich I will have to go upwards or downwards.

    There is also the 6mm f2.8 Nikkor lens with 220 degrees of view.

    Hmm.. are we going off topic (kopitiam style) on this thread? Haha.
    Do you know the rate we're trying to read on Forums each day equates to finishing two novels??

    Yes yes, I obviously missed that post... and wow, there's the 4.5 and 6 mm too?? Time to read up more Kopitiam? Hardly...we're still on the subject of UWAs in full zest aren't we?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  16. #96
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Do you know the rate we're trying to read on Forums each day equates to finishing two novels??

    Yes yes, I obviously missed that post... and wow, there's the 4.5 and 6 mm too?? Time to read up more Kopitiam? Hardly...we're still on the subject of UWAs in full zest aren't we?
    4.5mm is for DX. 6mm is for FX.
    I can still try to save up for the 4.5mm (think between 1-1.5k price tag). 6mm is err.. beyond my price range (I would rather get a couple of D3s and more normal UWAs). Think it was about 37k

  17. #97
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Don't matter. I just want your markins.

    And the Lee holder for 14-24? See the pricing at http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product...2889&PT_ID=746

    Don't get heart attack.. when you see the price... 270.00. For the holder and collar mount alone...
    Hmm.. i dun mind the pricing actually...
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  18. #98
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    4.5mm is for DX. 6mm is for FX.
    I can still try to save up for the 4.5mm (think between 1-1.5k price tag). 6mm is err.. beyond my price range (I would rather get a couple of D3s and more normal UWAs). Think it was about 37k
    Both Nikkors? But I think 10-24mm will cut me just fine a size for the time being (one must learn to be content lolz)... 14-24/12-24 when I move up to FF (wait long long for that to happen)...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  19. #99
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    One good trick is to do a panorama shot.
    Even for those of us with UWA... wide is never wide enough
    This i agreed to a certain extent.. tats why i lust for that extra 2mm.. whenever at Kit's Outing, i will salivate on top of his 14-24.. n forgot to rub away i think..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  20. #100
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Wide Angel Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    This i agreed to a certain extent.. tats why i lust for that extra 2mm.. whenever at Kit's Outing, i will salivate on top of his 14-24.. n forgot to rub away i think..
    YOU STAY FAR FAR AWAY NEXT TIME!!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •