Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens for night events

Default Re: Lens for night events

Quote Originally Posted by JJLoke View Post
    this will not be the only event. there are 2 more similar event coming up

i also help out in wedding photography. my colleague and me will share lens.

however i decided that i should also start to invest in my next lens, so we can have a larger collection, and also independent should we venture out alone.
    renting a lens gives you the flexibility of trying several lens at a fraction of the price you would pay for buying a new lens.. it also lets you feel and touch and see what suits ur photography style more.. don't buy then end up not using..

even if you rent for a few events 3-6 days of rental is less than $100+...

but if you are really into wedding photography and doing it full time then go ahead and buy the best lens you need..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

i have handled the 17-50 before. its pretty restrictive for me. i do not like to stand so close to the subject, especially indoor
    i have looked through my entire 10k+ photo collection using my 450D + 18-200. using adobe lightroom, most shots are 18mm, 30mm, 50mm and 70mm - 90mm range.

85mm to me is a nice standing distance for me, about 4m away or more from subject

i did go for price performance ratio.

sorry but i do not like to rent lenses. i would use my 18-200 and zoom to the range i wan then shoot

i believe 85mm, 30mm and a 17-50 would be better suited for me
    Last edited by JJLoke; 16th August 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJLoke View Post
    i have handled the 17-50 before. its pretty restrictive for me. i do not like to stand so close to the subject, especially indoor
    i have looked through my entire 10k+ photo collection using my 450D + 18-200. using adobe lightroom, most shots are 18mm, 30mm, 50mm and 70mm - 90mm range.

85mm to me is a nice standing distance for me, about 4m away or more from subject

i did go for price performance ratio.

sorry but i do not like to rent lenses. i would use my 18-200 and zoom to the range i wan then shoot

i believe 85mm, 30mm and a 17-50 would be better suited for me
    ok, since you are sure of what you want then go ahead lor.. anyway, its ur $ so in the end you have to decide for yourself...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

just wanna know more collective data before making the purchase.

like what lenses will u use for such an event. based on personal experience or whatsoever.

I have bought the 85mm 1.8 lens yesterday. Im very comfortable with the 85mm. Need abit more time to get use to the minimum focusing distance.

i tried to test the focus on the lens. Using the focusing chart, the lens seems to show front focusing when i try to take text from a low angle, like 20 degrees from surface.

The lower I go, the worst the front focus gets. The higher I go, the better the focusing spot. Is it normal? or it indeed does have front focusing issue ?
    Last edited by JJLoke; 18th August 2010 at 05:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12