Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: canon 5D or 7D? help

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default canon 5D or 7D? help

    dear all,

    which want to get? use to take close up on kids & portraits most of the time.

    Is both camera using dual DIGI4? or only 7D only? movies taking is secondary.

    thank you for all your advise.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    Quote Originally Posted by clioboy View Post
    5D then
    so from your experience , 5D give a better image quality? thanks

  4. #4

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    At this point, I believe it's more on cost... Both have movie feature, both take excellent picture.

    If not, 7D for kids running around and 5D for kids not running around...
    Playing with M43.

  5. #5
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,494

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    5D is FF, 7D is crop.. so you have to decide if you really need to spend the $.. the $ is yours anyway...

    what is it about 5D that you need? if don't need then why are you getting it?
    Is it a job requirement? or a commitment to a photography course or sth?

    there are alot of questions that you have to ask & answer by urself...

    we can only say what we would ownself prefer.. not say what you should get...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  6. #6
    Senior Member raydio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,521

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    Quote Originally Posted by foofoo View Post
    dear all,

    which want to get? use to take close up on kids & portraits most of the time.

    Is both camera using dual DIGI4? or only 7D only? movies taking is secondary.

    thank you for all your advise.
    The 7D uses two Digic4 processors for its advanced AF system. The 5D uses one. In terms of IQ, tests have shown that the 5D will take slightly better photos than the 7D but only slightly. In fact, in many cases, the IQ will be indistinguishable at normal resolution and will only be noticeable when blown up to higher resolutions.

    Your decision to buy one or the other will depend on how much you want to spend for the slightly better resolution. You cannot make a wrong decision... both cameras are great.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki View Post
    At this point, I believe it's more on cost... Both have movie feature, both take excellent picture.

    If not, 7D for kids running around and 5D for kids not running around...
    As I know 5D don't have movie feature but 5D mkII has..

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    Quote Originally Posted by SoonHan View Post
    As I know 5D don't have movie feature but 5D mkII has..
    you right ; i looking at 5D mark II... thanks

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki View Post
    At this point, I believe it's more on cost... Both have movie feature, both take excellent picture.

    If not, 7D for kids running around and 5D for kids not running around...
    kids running around & not running around... must get a 6D ?? hee ...hee... just joking

    thanks for the advise..

  10. #10

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    Yo bro,

    Check the video review here to make your decision... http://www.digitalrev.com/en/canon-5...4-article.html

  11. #11

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    I have both the 7D & 5D and they are both great.

    But if I can only choose one just for kids who are already mobile,
    I'll pick the 7D geared up with a 17-55mm for general usage & a
    70-200L f2.8 for Portrait Shots.

    This is the configuration I use currently, but I mount a 85L f1.2 on
    the 5D for specific shots.

    But thats just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by foofoo View Post
    dear all,

    which want to get? use to take close up on kids & portraits most of the time.

    Is both camera using dual DIGI4? or only 7D only? movies taking is secondary.

    thank you for all your advise.
    I Grew Up Very Poor...If I Wasn't A Boy, I Would Have Nothing To Play With...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    Quote Originally Posted by andriyshev View Post
    Yo bro,

    Check the video review here to make your decision... http://www.digitalrev.com/en/canon-5...4-article.html
    good link, many thanks

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: canon 5D or 7D? help

    Quote Originally Posted by Chow Yun Fatt View Post
    I have both the 7D & 5D and they are both great.

    But if I can only choose one just for kids who are already mobile,
    I'll pick the 7D geared up with a 17-55mm for general usage & a
    70-200L f2.8 for Portrait Shots.

    This is the configuration I use currently, but I mount a 85L f1.2 on
    the 5D for specific shots.

    But thats just me.
    ok, thanks for sharing your view.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •