Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

  1. #1

    Default Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    Hi CS,

    I am surprised to find out most mid-higher end C&N DSLR doesnt come with eye sensor which controls LCD screen auto dim. Isn't it bothering your lcd light still ON when you are shooting thru viewfinder?
    Canon 7D+Grip, 17-55f2.8, 430exII & My Flickriver

  2. #2

    Default Re: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    hmm personally, I don't really find that function useful
    when u half-press your shutter, the lcd is turned off.
    how will it distract your shooting?

  3. #3
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell207 View Post
    Hi CS,

    I am surprised to find out most mid-higher end C&N DSLR doesnt come with eye sensor which controls LCD screen auto dim. Isn't it bothering your lcd light still ON when you are shooting thru viewfinder?
    to be honest, I'd rather have a more comfortable viewfinder with a bigger and brighter view, than a useless sensor below it.
    Exploring! :)

  4. #4
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell207 View Post
    Hi CS,

    I am surprised to find out most mid-higher end C&N DSLR doesnt come with eye sensor which controls LCD screen auto dim. Isn't it bothering your lcd light still ON when you are shooting thru viewfinder?
    I am not bothered, because my LCD is always off. I use the LCD on top of the camera near the shutter button to look at my settings. And my picture doesn't show after my pic is taken. I turned that function off. Now I can squeeze many many pics out per battery charge.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell207 View Post
    Hi CS,

    I am surprised to find out most mid-higher end C&N DSLR doesnt come with eye sensor which controls LCD screen auto dim. Isn't it bothering your lcd light still ON when you are shooting thru viewfinder?
    not when u have a top lcd to view setting changes. something top end sony alphas is seriously lacking.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    to be honest, I'd rather have a more comfortable viewfinder with a bigger and brighter view, than a useless sensor below it.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I am not bothered, because my LCD is always off. I use the LCD on top of the camera near the shutter button to look at my settings. And my picture doesn't show after my pic is taken. I turned that function off. Now I can squeeze many many pics out per battery charge.
    Not all models got top LCD mah...

    @TS
    Usually it doesn't bother me much, my eyes are usually quite close to the viewfinder such that my glasses start to smudge after a while, and so I don't really notice the LCD below the VF. It only bothers me if I try my best to make it bother me, otherwise if I try to look through the VF, it doesn't really affect me.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    got it .. i think need to get used to it. as sony users all models got eyesensor so a little strange to find out that.
    Canon 7D+Grip, 17-55f2.8, 430exII & My Flickriver

  8. #8
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell207 View Post
    got it .. i think need to get used to it. as sony users all models got eyesensor so a little strange to find out that.
    and you always have the LCD on when you bring the camera to your eye level?

    even if I had the LCD left on, when I raise the camera to my eye level and look through the viewfinder, I can't see the LCD at all. Then when I half-press the shutter release to activate AF, the screen goes off anyway, so what's the big deal... why make a mountain out of a molehill?
    In fact I think not having the top LCD is a MUCH MUCH bigger headache...
    Exploring! :)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Eye Sensor (to control lcd).. Do you need?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    In fact I think not having the top LCD is a MUCH MUCH bigger headache...
    strongly agree!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •