Thread: How to maint. exif info after touch up from Photoshop?

Default How to maint. exif info after touch up from Photoshop?

Hi Guys,

I find that, after I save the pictures from Photoshop. I've lost its exif info. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

I do see that,. some of the pictures posted in the forum has been edited in photoshop but its exif reminds still.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
    ST.
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

Default Exif

If you save for web, you will loose your EXIF. If you start with a JPEG from the camera, stay in JPEG format, save as JPEG...the EXIF will be preserved.

OIC.

Thank you very much
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

Sorry for digging an old thread. But is there a way to retain EXIF information when I start with RAW --> JPEG finally???

I used to use Exif Util's exifcopy... which is command line...

Did a search and found this link http://www.inweb.ch/foto/exifjpg.html

Anybody who have used it please feedback so we can learn from each other.

From RAW (NEF), I just edit in Photoshop CS then change to 8-bit mode and save as JPEG. Everything is retained, including ISO information. Download the CAMERA RAW v. 2.2 from Adobe.com

Cheers
    GYR

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    From RAW (NEF), I just edit in Photoshop CS then change to 8-bit mode and save as JPEG. Everything is retained, including ISO information. Download the CAMERA RAW v. 2.2 from Adobe.com

Cheers
    GYR
    Hmmm is it? I used to do that, but find that some EXIF like len used and a bit of other image information missing. Maybe I'll try it again.

Not sure about lens info, and can't check now cause don't have NC4 in the office, but almost everything else shows up in pBase. Here's a photo taken in NEF, edited and saved in JPEG using Photoshop CS:

http://www.pbase.com/image/31764398&exif=Y

GYR

Deregistered

Ok, cause I'm using the gallery s/w so like some of the information gets lost. Looks good

How can this EXIF info be accessed once you have saved it as a jpg file? Can this EXIF info be accessed in anyway aside from using PS 7, CS, etc etc?

Rgds

BiG BeRD

If you have breezebrowser and you converted form RAW files, you can select your RAW files and do a Tools->EXIF Copy to the folder where you stored your JPGs. This will restore all the Canon-specific EXIF information that PS 7 and above doesn't carry over.

tks nutek! Appreciate ur help and advice.