Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Use Coolconnect!!!

Default Don't Use Coolconnect!!!

So very very slow for oversea user to load pictures from Cool Connect website. Please don't post your photos there and link to Clubsnap. There are many other alternative...eg.
    www.openlens.com
    DR KOH KHO KING

Question Re: Don't Use Coolconnect!!!

Originally posted by Kho King
    So very very slow for oversea user to load pictures from Cool Connect website. Please don't post your photos there and link to Clubsnap. There are many other alternative...eg.
    www.openlens.com
    Hi Kho King,

How did you get the site url and email?
    openlens also give free homepage and email as well?

Regards.

Default Re: Don't Use Coolconnect!!!

www.openlens.com
    ha... Kho King, I have seen u complaining for some time. cool connect is quite fast locally and I like it 'coz it supports ftp upload. Do u know whether openlens has free ftp uploading service? I don't like the tool provide by openlens.

Default Re: Re: Don't Use Coolconnect!!!

Originally posted by tomshen

cool connect is quite fast locally and I like it 'coz it supports ftp upload. Do u know whether openlens has free ftp uploading service? I don't like the tool provide by openlens.
    2nd that.

Anyway, it's not really that slow.

cool connect give free ftp service? I see...no wonder you guys prefer it.

OpenLens does not support free email or web hosting service, my case is special cause I know the owner of the site. He is generous enough to provide me free space for my web, after geocities terminate their free ftp service.

OpenLens is still under developing. If you have any comments or suggestion to improve the site, please email me or the site owner at service@openlens.com.

Cool connect is slow...very slow for oversea users, maybe just me...
    DR KOH KHO KING

He is generous enough to provide me free space for my web, after geocities terminate their free ftp service.
    wow, quite a fast site of yours.

i second that.....
    its very slow...for overseas users....
    i think its quite well-known that coolconnect has very limited bandwidth for overseas users......
    sometimes...the pictures wont even load...time to change to a new server....
    especially since this is a photography forums......
    there are lots of pics to see...

Coolconnect is only fast for Singaporean visitors. For our overseas members like kho king, Jed, Roy, Kit, etc, it's very slow.

Regards
    CK

cool connect give free ftp service? I see...no wonder you guys prefer it.

OpenLens does not support free email or web hosting service, my case is special cause I know the owner of the site. He is generous enough to provide me free space for my web, after geocities terminate their free ftp service.

OpenLens is still under developing. If you have any comments or suggestion to improve the site, please email me or the site owner at service@openlens.com.

Cool connect is slow...very slow for oversea users, maybe just me...
    Err.. I think the photo colour code section quite blur leh. Why not a album to each user each rather than having them all together in each colour? Me blur liao.

Originally posted by fusetrips

Err.. I think the photo colour code section quite blur leh. Why not a album to each user each rather than having them all together in each colour? Me blur liao.
    Ok. after you have understand how OpenLens works, then it will be easy to use.

You can create your own album under the colour (eg. Blue) album that you choose. You can use your name as the name of the new album under Blue. If I am not mistaken, you can create sub folder under your name.
    DR KOH KHO KING

I have been complaining about Coolconnect since HWZ days! Complain until I have given up already. That's why you seldom see me participating in any discussions that involve pictures hosted on Coolconnect.

Anyway, glad that this issue has been brought to everyone's attention again.

PLEASE DON'T USE COOLCONNECT!
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

hmm..... OpenLens doesn't seems that good either.

Let's find another free host.

http://www.fateback.com/ - 60 megs of space with unlimited hits/bandwidth. FTP Account

http://members.freewebz.com/

http://free.prohosting.com/ - FTP Account. 50 megs of space
    Last edited by revenant; 23rd May 2002 at 10:16 AM.

yes...please suggest some other good image hosting website, as long as no COOL CONNECT...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Bumping this thread, in the hope that it will catch more attention.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

DigitalRice.com provides webspace without ads or popups but too bad they are not taking in signuos at the moment.

freewebz.com: Pay to use FTP upload, its not FREE, if not stick with their file manager. No frontpage support.

fateback.com: FTP but no frontpage support.
    Last edited by kiama; 29th May 2002 at 11:39 PM.

HOMEX.COOLCONNECT is very slow from overseas.
    Often my brother who post pictures on the Net tries to invite me to view his pictures... it take ages to load, worst still, it doesn't load at times.
    Not complaining... just let you know if you want a international audience, you have to do something about it.

Many and more users using Coolconnect now. Please take note...

If you want to have International Audience, DON'T USE COOLCONNECT!!!
    DR KOH KHO KING

Many and more users using Coolconnect now. Please take note...
    If you want to have International Audience, DON'T USE COOLCONNECT!!!
    I also use coolconnect for my pics linked to CS, and my friend accessing from overseas confirmed that the problem of slowness is true. Now I had already moved my pics to another web-hosting, hope it will be okey.

Don't use Coolconnect!!!

Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Use HotConnect !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast