Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 142934373839404144 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

no guess guess guess this week?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday View Post
    no guess guess guess this week?
    haf!

paiseh, spent too much time paktoring with elva hsiao. she's over in S'pore during the weekend!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Please QUOTE this post and upon replying, delete away the [ quote ] and [ /quote ].

back by popular demand!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 1pt
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Thursday 26th Aug 2010.

Trabzonspor vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!

* Europa League Qualifying
    * Play-Off Round
    * 26th Aug 2010
    * KO 19:45
    * Ground: H. Avni Aker Stadium

TRABZONSPOR V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool's star trio miss Trabzonspor trip

LIVERPOOL WON 2-1 with goals from an Own Goal and a Dirty Kite's kiosai!!!

1). 1-1 Draw!! (NoGoal!) Cheesecake --> 0pts!
    2). 0-0 Draw! Taurean--> 0pts!
    3). 1-0 Liverpool WIN! (cole) grumpy --> 0pts!
    4). 6-0 Liverpool WIN! (Jovanovic, Babel) zhapchit --> 0pts!
    5). 0-0 Draw... blazer_workz --> 0pts!
    6). 0-1 Loss ... reina own goal. Fotoudavid --> 0pts!
    7). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Nogoal , kite ) domdomino --> 1pt!
    8). 1-1 Draw! (Ngog) coolsigg --> 0pts!
    9) 1-1 Draw! (Kuyt) zaren --> 1pt!

Please QUOTE this post and upon replying, delete away the [ quote ] and [ /quote ].

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). domdomino --> 4pts
    2). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

LEAGUE TABLE

1). domdomino --> 4pts
    2). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB vs. W.B.A
    29th August 2010.

Cech sidelined for visit to Anfield
    Posted 27/08/10 16:50

West Brom will be without Marek Cech for Sunday's trip to Anfield to face Liverpool, with the defender ruled out for at least three weeks. The Slovakia international fractured his metatarsal in Tuesday night's Carling Cup win over Leyton Orient.

Midfielder Jerome Thomas (foot), defender Joe Mattock (foot) and striker Ishmael Miller (thigh) will also miss the Baggies' Premier League clash against Roy Hodgson's Reds.

West Brom (from): Carson, Olsson, Ibanez, Morrison, Barnes, Bednar, Brunt, Reid, Myhill, Fortune, Wood, Moore, Dorrans, Daniels, Shorey, Mulumbu, Zuiverloon, Meite, Odemwingie, Mantom, Thorne, Tamas, Cox, Downing, Sawyers, Jara, Allsopp, Kiely.

*more update to come...*

1). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Torres, Torres) Cheesecake

Deregistered

eh 18y.o trying to cheat ah...

my first scorer and last scorer same hor ! so its 2pts !

Deregistered

LEAGUE TABLE

1). domdomino --> 4pts
    2). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

29th August 2010.

West Brom will be without Marek Cech for Sunday's trip to Anfield to face Liverpool, with the defender ruled out for at least three weeks. The Slovakia international fractured his metatarsal in Tuesday night's Carling Cup win over Leyton Orient.

Midfielder Jerome Thomas (foot), defender Joe Mattock (foot) and striker Ishmael Miller (thigh) will also miss the Baggies' Premier League clash against Roy Hodgson's Reds.

West Brom (from): Carson, Olsson, Ibanez, Morrison, Barnes, Bednar, Brunt, Reid, Myhill, Fortune, Wood, Moore, Dorrans, Daniels, Shorey, Mulumbu, Zuiverloon, Meite, Odemwingie, Mantom, Thorne, Tamas, Cox, Downing, Sawyers, Jara, Allsopp, Kiely.

*more update to come...*

2). 4-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Ngoal , Gerrard ) domdomino

Member/Tangshooter

LEAGUE TABLE

1). domdomino --> 4pts
    2). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

29th August 2010.

*more update to come...*

3). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (!Jovanovic!) blazer_workz
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    eh 18y.o trying to cheat ah...

my first scorer and last scorer same hor ! so its 2pts !
    ur first scorer oso NoGoal mah...

where got 2 pts? 1 pt for dirty kite as last scorer.

the first scorer is an own goal, right?

SERIE A NEWS
    Aquilani plans Juve stay

By Soccernet staff

August 27, 2010

Alberto Aquilani has said he has no plans to return to Liverpool after sealing his loan move to Juventus.

Aquilani joined Liverpool from Roma last summer following the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, but he struggled to make an impression and has now been allowed to return to Italy.

The loan includes an option to make the deal permanent and, while Aquilani says he is happy to have played for Liverpool, he is determined to stay in his homeland and force his way back into the Italy side.

"England has been a very beautiful experience, but I am here to stay," Aquilani said. "I am a professional and Juventus is a fundamental stage in my career to get me back in contention with the national team."

He added: "Leaving Roma was a difficult choice, but I helped my club resolve financial problems."

Meanwhile, Juventus have announced that striker Amauri is expected to be sidelined for 25 days due to a thigh injury. It means he will miss Italy's Euro 2012 qualifiers against Estonia and Faroe Islands.

[blazer_workz;6447742]Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

LEAGUE TABLE

1). domdomino --> 4pts
    2). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

29th August 2010.

*more update to come...*

4). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Torres, Torres) sunnyday

Lucas Leiva Asks To Leave Liverpool Due To Family Unable To Settle On Merseyside --> YES~~~!!!!

Liverpool have been rocked by the news that holding midfielder Lucas Leiva is now demanding a move away from the club. According to Sky Sports News, the Brazilian is said to have told the Anfield giants that his family is unable to settle on Merseyside and would prefer a switch to another club in London or another country like Spain.

The latest blow to Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson debut season in charge after leaving Fulham for Anfield this summer would immediately bring comparisons to just departed midfielder Javier Mascherano’s situation prior to signing for Barcelona earlier today.

The Argentina captain also made the same claims that his family could not settle in England and demanded to leave the club due to personal reasons. Mascherano then asked to be left out of Liverpool’s Premier League clash against Manchester City on Monday and sparked widespread furore over the growing role of player power in the sport.

Lucas had previously never shown any sign of unhappiness at Anfield and had been looking forward to playing a greater role in the team under Hodgson. While constantly regarded lowly by fans of the club, the defensive midfielder constantly had support from former Reds boss Rafael Benitez and also played a starring role in Liverpool’s win over Trabzonspor in Turkey that saw them qualify for the Europa League group stage.

If Lucas were also to leave the club this summer and no reinforcements set to arrive on the horizon, Liverpool could be plunged into a crisis even more severe than last season’s when the club finished out of the top four.

Liverpool Slap £8m Price Tag On Lucas Leiva As Inter Milan Show Interest

Liverpool have stunned Inter Milan by demanding at least £8 million for midfielder Lucas Leiva. The new Inter boss Rafael Benitez is prepared to bring his former protege to Italy but the Reds’ asking price may now put off the Italian champions.

Lucas has attracted much interest this summer with clubs hoping to capitalise on the uncertainty at Anfield. The Brazilian has already had bids from both Panathinaikos and Palermo turned down by Liverpool but they could yet see the defensive midfielder leave if Inter decide to return with an agreeable offer.

Benitez is a known admirer of the player and repeatedly played the Brazilian international during his time on Merseyside. Lucas had most of Anfield in disdain of his abilities during his time with the club but last season saw a breakthrough when he was voted their Young Player of the Year in a season which saw the club finish a disappointing seventh in the Premier League.

The former Liverpool boss is now keen to help the player progress in his career by bringing him to the Giuseppe Meazza but new Anfield manager Roy Hodgson is also understood to prefer the player to stay behind. However, the latter is also in need of fresh transfer funds and will consider allowing Lucas to leave if Inter are willing to meet his asking price.

With Yossi Benayoun having already flown the coop by joining Chelsea and the disillusioned Javier Mascherano asking to leave for greener pastures, the departure of Lucas could see a growing void in the Liverpool midfield. Captain Steven Gerrard is also contemplating his future at the club and Hodgson will be forced into making some hard decisions.

sauce!!
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 28th August 2010 at 10:32 AM.

Javier Zanetti Opposes Esteban Cambiasso Sale As Rafael Benitez Faces Revolt From Inter Milan Captain

Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti has told the club that they are not to include Esteban Cambiasso in any swap deal for Liverpool’s Javier Mascherano as the defensive midfielder is too important to the club’s priorities and a better player than manager Rafael Benitez’s transfer target.

Zanetti is determined to put his foot down on any possible arrangement that would see his Argentinian compatriot leave San Siro and claims that Benitez could do with both Cambiasso and Mascherano in the team as both players would offer different options.

Zanetti and Cambiasso were both omitted from the Argentina World Cup 2010 finals squad by coach Diego Maradona after the latter grew increasingly concerned that the two players would be disruptive to team harmony and unity. The Inter captain has now wasted no time in showing Benitez who the leader of the dressing room is, while challenging the Spaniard to show that he can win trophies for the club.

“Mascherano’s value is without question as any team would want him, but you can’t talk about swapping him with Cambiasso,” Zanetti said to Il Corriere dello Sport.

“You cannot touch Cambiasso and Inter could not do without him. Both players can play together as they have different characteristics.

“I think we will do well with Benitez and continue winning. We have the Italian Supercup, then the European Supercup and the World Club Cup, which I have never won, and so it would be good to win it with Inter.”

Mascherano has been pursued by Benitez since the Spaniard’s appointment as the new Inter boss in place of the departed Jose Mourinho. Both player and manager enjoyed a good working relationship during their time together at Liverpool and the Argentinian international is understood to want a reunion with Benitez, having told the press that “his football is my football” and that he was currently learning Italian while on World Cup duty in South Africa.

Inter were reported to be negotiating on a player plus cash swap deal for the player with Cambiasso rumoured to be the one heading in the opposite direction to Anfield, even though club president Massimo Moratti claimed that a deal was unlikely to happen.

With Zanetti wanting a say in player transfers, it would be interesting to see how Benitez deals with growing unrest at his new club.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). domdomino --> 4pts
    2). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

29th August 2010.

*more update to come...*

4). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Torres, Torres) sunnyday
    5). 4-1 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Torres, Torres - Hattrick!!! ) archlover

Europa League Draw

The draws have been completed for the Europa League Group Stage and we have been drawn with

Steaua Bucharest
    Napoli
    FC Utrecht

All of the teams have European Pedigree with Steau Bucharest winning the European Cup in 1985/86, runners up in the European Cup in 1988-89 and reaching the semi-finals in 1987-1988. Their manager is former Spurs and West Ham players Ilie Dumitrescu.

Napoli have also won a European Trophy winning the UEFA Cup in 1988-89 where their star player was one Diego Armando Maradona.

FC Utrecht also have a good European pedigree and have featured in the UEFA cup on numerous occasions (most notably in the 1980s)

This isn’t a bad draw when you think about it as each of the teams above are, in my opinion, beatable by us. It won’t be easy but then we wouldn’t want it any other way (we’re not Man Utd!)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    ur first scorer oso NoGoal mah...

where got 2 pts? 1 pt for dirty kite as last scorer.

the first scorer is an own goal, right?
    Haha paiseh , I see wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Javier Zanetti Opposes Esteban Cambiasso Sale As Rafael Benitez Faces Revolt From Inter Milan Captain

Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti has told the club that they are not to include Esteban Cambiasso in any swap deal for Liverpool’s Javier Mascherano as the defensive midfielder is too important to the club’s priorities and a better player than manager Rafael Benitez’s transfer target.

Zanetti is determined to put his foot down on any possible arrangement that would see his Argentinian compatriot leave San Siro and claims that Benitez could do with both Cambiasso and Mascherano in the team as both players would offer different options.

Zanetti and Cambiasso were both omitted from the Argentina World Cup 2010 finals squad by coach Diego Maradona after the latter grew increasingly concerned that the two players would be disruptive to team harmony and unity. The Inter captain has now wasted no time in showing Benitez who the leader of the dressing room is, while challenging the Spaniard to show that he can win trophies for the club.

“Mascherano’s value is without question as any team would want him, but you can’t talk about swapping him with Cambiasso,” Zanetti said to Il Corriere dello Sport.

“You cannot touch Cambiasso and Inter could not do without him. Both players can play together as they have different characteristics.

“I think we will do well with Benitez and continue winning. We have the Italian Supercup, then the European Supercup and the World Club Cup, which I have never won, and so it would be good to win it with Inter.”

Mascherano has been pursued by Benitez since the Spaniard’s appointment as the new Inter boss in place of the departed Jose Mourinho. Both player and manager enjoyed a good working relationship during their time together at Liverpool and the Argentinian international is understood to want a reunion with Benitez, having told the press that “his football is my football” and that he was currently learning Italian while on World Cup duty in South Africa.

Inter were reported to be negotiating on a player plus cash swap deal for the player with Cambiasso rumoured to be the one heading in the opposite direction to Anfield, even though club president Massimo Moratti claimed that a deal was unlikely to happen.

With Zanetti wanting a say in player transfers, it would be interesting to see how Benitez deals with growing unrest at his new club.
    hahahahhaha now rafa so soon have crisis liao.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    hahahahhaha now rafa so soon have crisis liao.....
    but he heng, marshmallow man seems to favour a move to barca n not inter!

Internazionale 0 - 2 Atlético Madrid

Rafa's reign off to slow start

Rafael Benitez's first European match in charge of Inter Milan ended in disappointment for the former Liverpool manager.

Benitez's side, the reigning European champions, were beaten 2-0 by Europa League winners Atletico Madrid, thanks to goals from Jose Antonio Reyes and Sergio Aguero, in the UEFA Super Cup.

By contrast Inter looked a shadow of the side taken to the pinnacle of Europe by Jose Mourinho - despite no less than 10 of the starting XI having also started the Champions League final.

In a tepid first half, this meeting between the creme de la creme of European football failed to live up to its billing as neither goalkeeper was forced to make a save.

The playing surface at the Stade Louis II in Monaco is infamous for being hard and unpredictable - not helped by the subterranean car-park under the pitch - and that contributed to the poor quality.

Even so there was no excuse for some of the poor shooting displayed by Aguero in particular as Atletico edged the opening 45 minutes - the Argentinian did also have a decent penalty claim turned down.

Inter's best opportunity came from Wesley Sneijder, an effort from outside the box that bounced wide, before Samuel Eto'o drifted past a couple of challenges but pulled his shot past the post.

The second half was infinitely better and though the first save still did not arrive until the 58th minute, it was worth waiting for.

Reyes cut back onto his left foot and from the right side of the area bent the ball towards the far corner only to see Julio Cesar hurl himself full length to turn the ball behind. He looked distraught but his unhappiness did not last long as within two minutes he had put Atletico in front.

This time he dribbled into the box, nearly lost the ball but regained control and sped past Maicon before beating Cesar from a narrow angle at his near post.

The goal sparked wild celebrations and Aguero nearly made it two but Cristian Chivu cleared off the line. Reyes picked up an injury while scoring and limped off to be replaced by another ex-Arsenal player, Fran Merida.

Diego Forlan brought two more saves out of Cesar, one from a direct free-kick and then from 30 yards out.

Inter continued to struggle to create anything noteworthy and Aguero ended the contest with a simple finish after Simao had played a brilliant pass across the six-yard box.

To rub salt in the wound for Inter, even when Goran Pandev won a generous penalty in the final minute the Atletico keeper David de Gea had the last laugh by saving from Diego Milito.

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 142934373839404144 ... LastLast