Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9242932333435363944 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    ok sir!!!! will abide by this rule!!!

HUAT AH!!

taurean pls wave joke cold's g-string!

Sorry I'm not into this

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Please QUOTE this post and upon replying, delete away the [ quote ] and [ /quote ].

back by popular demand!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Thursday 26th Aug 2010.

Trabzonspor vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!

* Europa League Qualifying
    * Play-Off Round
    * 26th Aug 2010
    * KO 19:45
    * Ground: H. Avni Aker Stadium

TRABZONSPOR V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool's star trio miss Trabzonspor trip

By Soccernet staff

August 25, 2010

Liverpool will be without captain Steven Gerrard, star striker Fernando Torres and Barcelona transfer target Javier Mascherano for their Europa League play-off second leg against Trabzonspor in Turkey on Thursday.

Gerrard has a back problem and Torres is rested following his injury problems, while manager Roy Hodgson has not included Mascherano due to his desire to leave the club.

Soccernet understands the Argentina captain was unwilling to play against Manchester City on Monday and, with Hodgson having admitted he was not in the right mental space to play at Eastlands, it appears his omission is down to the same cause for Thursday's game.

Liverpool legend John Aldridge told the Liverpool Echo he is not happy about Mascherano's actions.

"Javier Mascherano's refusal to face Manchester City on Monday night was selfish and unprofessional," he said. "I can understand his frustration because he's clearly desperate to move on but what he did was out of order and he let the club down badly.

"Mascherano needs to remember that when Liverpool signed him in 2007 his career was going nowhere. He can't expect the club to just drop the amount of cash they want for him so he can get away. I'm glad Roy Hodgson has stood his ground because you can't have players calling the shots.

"With the transfer window shutting next week I'm sure his agent advised him to refuse to play and cause havoc to try to force the club's hand. That's what happened in my time and it's still happening today."

Defender Daniel Agger (concussion) and Maxi Rodriguez (illness) are also missing from the squad which travels to Turkey with a 1-0 lead from the first leg.

"Steven Gerrard unfortunately has had a recurrence of the back problem which he gets from time to time," said Hodgson. "Hopefully it won't stop him playing on Sunday."

"With Fernando Torres we've made the decision that we don't wish to risk him three games in a row at this stage of the season with him having done so well to get back this quickly.

"Agger played in the game on Monday (the 3-0 defeat to Manchester City) which was to some extent against medical advice. He wanted to play but felt a bit sick after the game. That's mainly due to the concussion he suffered (against Arsenal), so it would be foolish for us to risk him.

"Maxi is sick. He's in bed at the moment with a bit of gastroenteritis, so he's out of the question."

Hodgson admits his side face a tough challenge against Trabzonspor after failing to put the match beyond reach at Anfield last week, with Joe Cole missing a penalty.

"We missed a golden opportunity to kill the game off at Anfield and now we've got it all to do," added the 62-year-old. "It's going to be a very tough ask for the players in a difficult place.

"They are one of the two or three best teams in Turkey at the moment and Turkish football is of a very high standard.

"Everyone who's been to Trabzon tells me it's a remarkably difficult place to play. They're a hostile and fanatic crowd and it's a difficult pitch. But if we come through it we'll come through it stronger."

1). 1-1 Draw!! (NoGoal!) Cheesecake
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post

Sorry I'm not into this
    i think is bro shunzi or whitelion... forgotten who.

u carry on waving dirty kite's la. hehehe

Please QUOTE this post and upon replying, delete away the [ quote ] and [ /quote ].

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Thursday 26th Aug 2010.

* Play-Off Round
    * 26th Aug 2010

TRABZONSPOR V LIVERPOOL

By Soccernet staff

August 25, 2010

Liverpool will be without captain Steven Gerrard, star striker Fernando Torres and Barcelona transfer target Javier Mascherano for their Europa League play-off second leg against Trabzonspor in Turkey on Thursday.

Gerrard has a back problem and Torres is rested following his injury problems, while manager Roy Hodgson has not included Mascherano due to his desire to leave the club.

Soccernet understands the Argentina captain was unwilling to play against Manchester City on Monday and, with Hodgson having admitted he was not in the right mental space to play at Eastlands, it appears his omission is down to the same cause for Thursday's game.

Liverpool legend John Aldridge told the Liverpool Echo he is not happy about Mascherano's actions.

"Javier Mascherano's refusal to face Manchester City on Monday night was selfish and unprofessional," he said. "I can understand his frustration because he's clearly desperate to move on but what he did was out of order and he let the club down badly.

"Mascherano needs to remember that when Liverpool signed him in 2007 his career was going nowhere. He can't expect the club to just drop the amount of cash they want for him so he can get away. I'm glad Roy Hodgson has stood his ground because you can't have players calling the shots.

"With the transfer window shutting next week I'm sure his agent advised him to refuse to play and cause havoc to try to force the club's hand. That's what happened in my time and it's still happening today."

Defender Daniel Agger (concussion) and Maxi Rodriguez (illness) are also missing from the squad which travels to Turkey with a 1-0 lead from the first leg.

"Steven Gerrard unfortunately has had a recurrence of the back problem which he gets from time to time," said Hodgson. "Hopefully it won't stop him playing on Sunday."

"With Fernando Torres we've made the decision that we don't wish to risk him three games in a row at this stage of the season with him having done so well to get back this quickly.

"Agger played in the game on Monday (the 3-0 defeat to Manchester City) which was to some extent against medical advice. He wanted to play but felt a bit sick after the game. That's mainly due to the concussion he suffered (against Arsenal), so it would be foolish for us to risk him.

"Maxi is sick. He's in bed at the moment with a bit of gastroenteritis, so he's out of the question."

Hodgson admits his side face a tough challenge against Trabzonspor after failing to put the match beyond reach at Anfield last week, with Joe Cole missing a penalty.

"We missed a golden opportunity to kill the game off at Anfield and now we've got it all to do," added the 62-year-old. "It's going to be a very tough ask for the players in a difficult place.

"They are one of the two or three best teams in Turkey at the moment and Turkish football is of a very high standard.

"Everyone who's been to Trabzon tells me it's a remarkably difficult place to play. They're a hostile and fanatic crowd and it's a difficult pitch. But if we come through it we'll come through it stronger."

2). 0-0 Draw! Taurean

WEST HAM NEWS
    Liverpool lead race to sign Cole

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

August 25, 2010

Liverpool and Sunderland have indicated that they are ready to launch bids for West Ham United striker Carlton Cole.

Soccernet has been informed that neither club have, as yet, made an official bid, but the Hammers are well aware of the interest mounting from the two clubs.

Soccernet first revealed that the Hammers were asking £15 million for Cole and that the player's preference was a move to Anfield. Now Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is ready to make the long awaited swoop after failing with a succession of moves for other strikers.

Sunderland are the latest club to be linked with the centre-forward this week, while Stoke and Birmingham have been in hot pursuit without success in turning Cole's head.

Cole made it clear he would only quit Upton Park for a big club and West Ham have been anticipating a move from Liverpool.

With the expected sale of Javier Mascherano to Barcelona for more than £20 million, Hodgson has lined up a move for Cole.

Once Liverpool have sold Mascherano, who was rescued from the Hammers bench by his £18 million move to Anfield, the Reds can offer West Ham the inducement of paying a large chunk of the fee up front, which in turn can aid the Hammers' transfer business in the final days of the window.

Co-owner David Sullivan has been busy lining up a replacement for Cole and, once the England international departs, two more strikers are earmarked for Upton Park.

£18m FOR MASCHA
    The Daily Mail says that 'Liverpool have told Barcelona they want £18million in cash for midfielder Javier Mascherano by the end of the weekend, so manager Roy Hodgson can reinvest the money during the transfer window.'

Sounds reasonable - if a little light given that Barca recouped about £25m for Yaya Toure.

Then again, there's not much value in a player who isn't playing and the Mail reckons that Mascherano 'will not be with the squad who fly to Turkey for Europa League duty this morning.'

According to the paper, if and when 'Mascherano does go, Hodgson would try to buy PSV striker Ola Toivonen and a left back. As such, Liverpool have told Barcelona they will entertain only a straight cash deal for Mascherano.'

AS POOL MAKE BID FOR COLE
    The Daily Mirror, on the other hand, reckons that Hodgson 'has made a shock move for West Ham striker Carlton Cole - offering £6 million up front for the hit man.'

Sounding very sure about their story, the paper describes the Hammers as being 'surprised' by the bid - which is £6m 'in one payment for Cole and odd up to another £6 million after games and achievements in the odd package.'

Odd? Oh, add. But we see what they mean.

So will it happen?

'West Ham have already turned down bigger deals from Stoke and warned them off, but they may reluctantly let Cole go before the window shuts to give Avram Grant cash for other players.

'In Liverpool's favour as the talks over figures begin Cole will be interested in joining them rather than the Potters - or potential rivals Sunderland.'

i'm not sure abt... ... carlton cole.

but i think i m more confident of him succeeding than the swedish striker.

i think is bro shunzi or whitelion... forgotten who.
    Don't kelong your way out, I think is you.

Own up or I'll throw soiled diapers at you

u carry on waving dirty kite's la. hehehe
    I don't collect / wave G-strings

i'm not sure abt... ... carlton cole.

but i think i m more confident of him succeeding than the swedish striker.
    Better cole than nogoal

hmm, should we complete the hattrick by signing ashley cole?
    hahahaha

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Thursday 26th Aug 2010.

* Play-Off Round
    * 26th Aug 2010

TRABZONSPOR V LIVERPOOL

By Soccernet staff

August 25, 2010

2). 0-0 Draw! Taurean
    3). 1-0 Liverpool WIN! (cole) grumpy

Don't kelong your way out, I think is you.

Own up or I'll throw soiled diapers at you

I don't collect / wave G-strings
    oh no...

let u find out that i haf alot of elva hsiao's n maggie Q's g-strings liao...

u can throw the soiled diapers at melvin didi and tell him... HUAT AH!!!

Newcastle ready to cash in on Taylor

By Soccernet staff

August 25, 2010

Steven Taylor maintains he is happy to continue negotiations over a new contract with Newcastle, despite the club placing him on the transfer list.

Taylor's current deal is due to expire at the end of the season and the Magpies have reluctantly decided to cash in on him now rather lose the 24-year-old on a free transfer next summer.

"We can confirm that Steven Taylor is on the transfer list,'' a club spokesman confirmed, without adding any further details. It is believed the two parties are some way apart on the issue of wages.

But Taylor later released a statement of his own, through agent Paul Stretford, that insisted he was still happy to continue negotiations with the club.

It read: "Figures released to the media do not accurately reflect the position of either Steven or his agent. Both remain happy to continue negotiations over a new and extended Newcastle United contract.

"Steven was disappointed and surprised to hear through third parties that the club had decided to transfer list him. He has always given 100% to the club and will continue to do so given the opportunity.''

It may be that the club's stance is a bargaining ploy and that there could yet be movement, but the Mike Ashley regime has adopted a strict policy on wages which it is not prepared to break.

Taylor's situation has been monitored for some time by a series of potential suitors, including Liverpool and Chelsea, and while he has repeatedly stated he wants to play for his home-town club - he stayed last summer to play in the Championship when he might have moved - matters could yet be taken out of his hands.

Taylor emerged from the ranks to become a genuine first-team player at Newcastle and is a fans favourite. He is currently recovering from shoulder surgery after missing the second half of last season through injury.

Aqua completes Juventus move

Liverpool have confirmed Alberto Aquilani has completed the formalities of his loan switch to Juventus.

The Italian midfielder, who successfully completed his medical earlier this week, has put pen to paper on a one-year loan deal, with Juventus having the option of making the move permanent at the end of the season.

A statement from Juve said: "Juventus announce that an agreement has been reached with Liverpool for the loan of Alberto Aquilani with the option to buy the player at the end of the season for €16m (£13.1m)."

Sauce

oh no...

u can throw the soiled diapers at melvin didi and tell him... HUAT AH!!!
    So caring towards your Protégé

So caring towards your Protégé
    dun forget he is afterall our closet LFC fan.

Aqua completes Juventus move

Liverpool have confirmed Alberto Aquilani has completed the formalities of his loan switch to Juventus.

The Italian midfielder, who successfully completed his medical earlier this week, has put pen to paper on a one-year loan deal, with Juventus having the option of making the move permanent at the end of the season.

A statement from Juve said: "Juventus announce that an agreement has been reached with Liverpool for the loan of Alberto Aquilani with the option to buy the player at the end of the season for €16m (£13.1m)."

Sauce
    dun care liao la. we all know that we've been had by that idiot humpty dumpty raf999.

dun care liao la. we all know that we've been had by that idiot humpty dumpty raf999.

he played a 20million joke on us

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    he played a 20million joke on us
    LIVERPOOL NEWS
    Angry Hodgson points finger at Rafa over Kuyt

By Soccernet staff

August 25, 2010

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson's anger at Inter Milan's interest in Dirk Kuyt has led to him claiming that ex-Reds boss Rafael Benitez would be reneging on an agreement not to raid Anfield for former players.

Hodgson continues to deny any knowledge of Kuyt wanting to leave despite suggestions by his agent that talks between the two clubs are continuing.

"Dirk has not expressed that sentiment to me," said Hodgson, who insisted the assurances he had received from Inter president Massimo Moratti last week that the Italians were not intending to buy any Liverpool players still held firm.

"When he left the club Rafael Benitez signed an agreement that he would not poach players from Liverpool. We haven't received an offer from any club so this is something obviously going on behind the scenes, with the agent possibly talking to the manager of Inter Milan.

"We don't welcome any offers, we haven't received an offer and at this late stage of the transfer window it would be remarkably unusual for us to accept an offer for a player we don't want to leave for money we don't need.

"I would suggest, with respect, if his agent had a serious plan to move him to the club he should have been working during the last four to five weeks and not the last few days. It is highly unlikely we could receive any offer from another club which we could seriously entertain."

Kuyt's agent Rob Jansen had claimed in the Dutch press that negotiations were on-going.

"The two clubs continue to talk, but things are moving slowly," he said. "The difference between demand and offer is important.

"It is something between the clubs but Dirk told Liverpool he no longer wants to be involved as this is something that regards his career and life. It doesn't mean he wants to leave at all costs, but when a club like Inter comes along it's normal to look into the situation further."

The future of Javier Mascherano is no nearer being resolved with the midfielder again left out of the squad after Barcelona's £16million bid was rejected.

But Hodgson said he hoped there would be a conclusion one way or the other in the next few days and did not rule out selecting the Argentina captain for Sunday's Premier League match at home to West Brom.

"Tomorrow night was out of the question but Sunday is very much a question because I think by then I should know one way or another whether he is going to play for Liverpool this season or Barcelona."

During his press conference ahead of Thursday's Europa League qualifier with Trabzanspor, Hodgson confirmed that the club had held talks with his former side Fulham over left-back Paul Konchesky.

SALCIDO READY TO REPLACE KONCHESKY
    Posted 25/08/10 19:42

Fulham manager Mark Hughes is hoping to complete the signing of Mexico left-back Carlos Salcido before the transfer window closes.

Reports have stated that Fulham have agreed a fee with PSV Eindhoven for the 30-year-old, who played at this summer's World Cup.

Hughes insisted their pursuit of Salcido does not automatically mean that Fulham's current left-back Paul Konchesky will be on the move.

"We have made enquiries," said Hughes, after watching Fulham beat Port Vale 6-0 in the second round of the Carling Cup.

"He is a player I am interested in and we are hopeful it might be concluded."

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson admitted he is interested in raiding his former club Fulham for full-back Paul Konchesky.

Hodgson said he was one of the players under consideration to strengthen the left side of his defence.

"We had discussions with Fulham about whether they were prepared to sell any of their players and I would be lying if I said Paul was not a name we considered," said the Liverpool boss on his arrival in Trabzon for their Europa League play-off second leg tie.

"Whether or not there is a chance of business is still very much up in the air."

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Thursday 26th Aug 2010.

* Play-Off Round
    * 26th Aug 2010

TRABZONSPOR V LIVERPOOL

By Soccernet staff

August 25, 2010

2). 0-0 Draw! Taurean
    3). 1-0 Liverpool WIN! (cole) grumpy
    4). 6-0 Liverpool WIN! (Jovanovic, Babel) zhapchit