Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

back by popular demand!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    5). zaren -------> 1pt

Monday, August 23, 2010

3). manSipTea vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
    City of Manchester stadium

manSipTea has thrashed us 3-0 with Curry Berry scoring the first goal and Tevez grabbing the last.

its a whole lot wipeout except for bro zaren, again!

a). 0-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!! (TORRES!!!!) cheesecake
    b). 3-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!! (Gerrard, Kite, Jovanovic) blazer_workz
    c). 3-2 LIVERPOOL WINS!!! (Torres , Jovanovic ) domdomino
    d) 1-1 Draw! (Tevez, Gerrard) zaren --->1pt for tevez
    e) 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Torres,Gerrard) roDz
    f). 3-1 Liverpool wins! (S. Gerrard, D. Ngog) Canew.
    g). 1-0 liverpool win (torres) sunnyday
    h). 2-1 Liverpool win (Torres, Jovanovic) zhapchit
    i). 2-0 Liverpool Win! (Torres, Ngog) obfuscate
    j). 2-1 Liverpool Win! (Gerrard, Torres ) archlover
    k). 3-1 Liverpool Win! (Jovanovic, Gerrard, Torres) shunzi
    l). 1-0 Liverpool Win! (gerrard) grumpy
    m) 1-1 Draw! (Torres) coolsigg => Tough away fixture. Lucky to get 1 point.
    n) 1-1 Draw! (Gerrard) Taurean
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Thursday 26th Aug 2010.

Trabzonspor vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!

* Europa League Qualifying
    * Play-Off Round
    * 26th Aug 2010
    * KO 19:45
    * Ground: H. Avni Aker Stadium

** to be updated.

Carlton Cole and Mario Gomez on Liverpool's radar as Roy Hodgson eyes striking duo

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 1:02 AM on 25th August 2010

Liverpool have revived their interest in West Ham striker Carlton Cole and made an inquiry for Bayern Munich's £30million-rated striker Mario Gomez.

Sportsmail revealed Sunderland's interest in Cole yesterday and Liverpool are back in the frame despite being quoted £15m by West Ham earlier this month.

Sources in Germany also last night revealed that the Anfield side had asked to take 25-year-old Gomez on a season-long loan but his wages of £125,000 a week are a huge stumbling block.

Gomez, the most expensive player in German football, was expected to join Real Madrid before the end of the window but the deal looks to have been shelved by the Spanish giants until next summer.

Liverpool want a striker to take the burden off Fernando Torres's shoulders. They have been rebuffed in their efforts to sign PSV Eindhoven's Ola Toivonen and hope to be armed with more cash from Javier Mascherano's sale.

They can offer around £6.5m for Cole but, while the player would want the move, West Ham will want a lot more cash.

Liverpool still need to sign a left-back but are also considering deals for Lille utility player Mathieu Debuchy and Real Madrid's Mahamadou Diarra. Juventus, meanwhile, are interested in Sotirios Kyrgiakos

New overseas buyer in the frame for Liverpool FC**yawn...

Aug 24 2010

Renowned deal-broker Keith Harris claims an overseas buyer is considering making an offer of between £400million and £500million for Liverpool.

The former Football League chairman, who has had a hand in the sales of Aston Villa, West Ham and Manchester City in the past, said due diligence has already been done.

Harris also said the party he was representing was not one mentioned publicly before.

"The overseas buyer we represent has completed due diligence. A huge amount of work has been done," he said.

"It is none of the groups mentioned in the press. The ball is now in our client’s court to make an offer.

"I do not think the deal will be done before the transfer window closes this month but the next pressure point is October when some of the RBS loan of £237million has to be repaid.

"It may happen then. But in the present climate these things are impossible to predict."

Liverpool were in terminal decline under Rafael Benítez, says Jose Mourinho
    * we all(most of us anyway) know that. *

Jose Mourinho claims Roy Hodgson is battling to achieve success at Liverpool with a team that became “worse, worse and worse” with each passing season of Rafael Benítez’s six-year reign at Anfield.

Liverpool’s 3-0 capitulation against Manchester City at Eastlands on Monday brought into sharp focus the problems facing Hodgson on the pitch at a club whose off-field future remains paralysed by the increasingly fruitless search for new owners.

With co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett driving the club heavily into debt since their 2007 takeover, Mourinho insists that Hodgson is faced with the unenviable situation of working with a team who have been on a progressive decline.

Monday’s defeat against City highlighted the challenge that Hodgson has taken on at Anfield, but with Roberto Mancini’s expensively-assembled team likely to be a direct rival in Liverpool’s attempt to secure Champions League football, former Chelsea manager Mourinho believes that the odds are stacked against Liverpool this season.

Mourinho said: “It is very difficult work for Roy to do it with Liverpool as, over the last years, they have been getting worse, worse and worse.

“The Liverpool of 2004 was better than the Liverpool of 2005, 2005 was better than 2006 and 2006 better than 2007. And they arrive at a situation now where, but for Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Pepe Reina, Fernando Torres, if his head is there, it is very difficult for Roy to make Liverpool champions.

“He needs time and it’s not easy because I don’t think they went in the right direction.”

Despite their financial problems and failure to qualify for the Champions League this season, Liverpool have been able to retain the services of Torres and Gerrard.

Mourinho’s Real Madrid had courted the services of Gerrard, while Chelsea and Manchester City both made clear their interest in luring Spanish forward Torres from Anfield.

But while City were ultimately unable to land Torres, Mourinho admits that the Abu Dhabi-fuelled spending power at Eastlands is unmatchable and the Real coach backs Sir Alex Ferguson’s warning of “kamikaze” spending.

Mourinho said: “When Sir Alex spoke about kamikaze spending, if he was talking about (City) eating the market, I agree with him. But if they have the money, they can do it and, if they have the ambition to win the Premier League, they can do it.

“If someone wants to compete with them for a player it is very difficult because they are dominant in the market.

“The player they say they want is the player that they get. I was interested in [Aleksandar] Kolarov when I came here to Madrid, but I couldn’t compete with City as they went to values that I couldn’t.”

Mourinho, who won two league titles with Chelsea during his three years in charge at Stamford Bridge, admits that City’s financial muscle has propelled them into the race for this season’s title. But the Portuguese insists it will be a three-horse race, having dismissed Arsenal’s prospects of ending their five-year wait for silverware.

Mourinho said: “I don’t think Arsenal can win. Year after year it looks like they will but no. It’s always the same type of comment, ‘It’s a young team, it will be next season’.

“I remember we played them in a Carling Cup final [in 2007] with a team of young boys, but they are no longer a team of young boys. They are now a team of 25, 26, 27-year-olds.

“Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott, Gael Clichy, Alex Song, Bacary Sagna – they’re not a team of kids any more, they’re of an age to win things, but I don’t think they will do it.

“I believe Chelsea and Manchester United can win the title and, of course, Manchester City because they have a great squad. That’s it.”

Having arrived at Real this summer after guiding Inter Milan to the treble last season, Mourinho could not resist another dig at his Benítez, his fierce rival from the pair’s time in England, by warning the former Liverpool manager that he will be unable to repeat his success at the San Siro.

Mourinho said: “Inter is a dream job because he has three trophies (to defend). I don’t have that at Madrid. He is lucky, but I wish him well.

“One thing is certain, Benítez won’t do better than me at Inter. Another thing is also true that, should he lift the Intercontinental Cup, he will have only won two games compared to my 13. Therefore it will be my trophy and not his.”

Forget Man City, warns Hodgson

Roy Hodgson today warned his players not to dwell on the 3-0 defeat to Manchester City as they prepare for two crunch matches in three days.

The gaffer knows positive results against Trabzonspor and West Brom could kickstart 2010-11 - and he wants his stars to play without any Eastlands hangover.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It's a group of experienced players. We've all been in football a long time and know you don't win incessantly and you don't lose incessantly if you're a club like ours.

"Defeats are something that come along the way but it's very important to get on with things quickly and don't allow them to poison what's after.

"We've got to make certain it doesn't affect us on Sunday in particular against West Bromwich Albion, when we really do need to win to kickstart our season.

"Let's make sure we pick ourselves up on the training field and get some enjoyment out of our football."

The Reds have collected one point from difficult opening games at home against Arsenal and away to Manchester City - but Hodgson is not concerned.

"For me it's very much a work in progress here," he said." It's only been a few weeks since I've been working with this group of players.

"We've got a lot of work to do and the players know that. They were very upset and disappointed on Monday but it's up to us to put it right in the coming games."

The boss believes his side were unlucky to find themselves 3-0 down against Roberto Mancini's men.

He explained: "Finishing was one major difference. They were very strong in the final third and without creating a lot of chances managed to score three goals.

"I thought for long periods of the game it was fairly even and both teams passed the ball fairly well in the middle of the park. But the difference, as in all games, is goals. They took their chances well.

"Their first goal in particular was a good finish, though I'm a little bit more disappointed with the other two because they are goals that under normal circumstances we don't concede."

Author: Jimmy Rice

i've stop reading all news abt who coming or who want to buy the club..

sick of all those.

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    i've stop reading all news abt who coming or who want to buy the club..

sick of all those.
    drama n wayang!!!

lacking KELONG!!!

otherwise is xpert11!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

I thought for LFC games, points should only be awarded for LFC scorers? How can get 1 point for guessing Tevez?

If u look at the list, everyone else is putting in only LFC players' name. I know its only a game and for fun but still...
    Last edited by coolsigg; 25th August 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    I thought for LFC games, points should only be awarded for LFC scorers? How can get 1 point for guessing Tevez?

If u look at the list, everyone else is putting in only LFC players' name. I know its only a game and for fun but still...
    waaah!!!!
    openly kelong!

one point awarded to you for waving CC's gstring

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    waaah!!!!
    openly kelong!
    can one la. we welcome not only LFC fansssss, even closet fansssss like melvin didi, jeff gorgor, Mr.Big... etc.

waseh, now u saw it...

i admit.

it is kelong.

paiseh, ah, i think we relek the rules abit so tat our closet fanssss oso can join us, such as zaren n melvin didi.

waseh, now u saw it...

i admit.

it is kelong.

paiseh, ah, i think we relek the rules abit so tat our closet fanssss oso can join us, such as zaren n melvin didi.

but look at his guess: 1-1, tevez and gerrard
    cannot like this lah

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    one point awarded to you for waving CC's gstring
    paiseh, i dun wear g-strings but the dragonball sun wukong's type of boxers.

zhapchit wanna wave?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    but look at his guess: 1-1, tevez and gerrard
    cannot like this lah
    orrr...

ok la, tell u wat, the coming fixture, oni LFC boys niah.

tat means we cannot haf kelong fixtures on other teams liao for guess guess guess??

orrr...

ok la, tell u wat, the coming fixture, oni LFC boys niah.

tat means we cannot haf kelong fixtures on other teams liao for guess guess guess??
    maybe like u said previously, we can have guess3X for other fixtures.

but for LFC related games, guess3X the scorers (1st, last, hat trick) should be LFC players only.

Gerrard and Torres not travelling for the next match.
    Think all of us need to change the our predictions. Otherwise no chance for Hat Trick helo

maybe like u said previously, we can have guess3X for other fixtures.

but for LFC related games, guess3X the scorers (1st, last, hat trick) should be LFC players only.
    ok sir!!!! will abide by this rule!!!

HUAT AH!!

taurean pls wave joke cold's g-string!

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). zaren -------> 2pts
    5). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Thursday 26th Aug 2010.

Trabzonspor vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!

* Europa League Qualifying
    * Play-Off Round
    * 26th Aug 2010
    * KO 19:45
    * Ground: H. Avni Aker Stadium

TRABZONSPOR V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool's star trio miss Trabzonspor trip

By Soccernet staff

August 25, 2010

Liverpool will be without captain Steven Gerrard, star striker Fernando Torres and Barcelona transfer target Javier Mascherano for their Europa League play-off second leg against Trabzonspor in Turkey on Thursday.

Gerrard has a back problem and Torres is rested following his injury problems, while manager Roy Hodgson has not included Mascherano due to his desire to leave the club.

Soccernet understands the Argentina captain was unwilling to play against Manchester City on Monday and, with Hodgson having admitted he was not in the right mental space to play at Eastlands, it appears his omission is down to the same cause for Thursday's game.

Liverpool legend John Aldridge told the Liverpool Echo he is not happy about Mascherano's actions.

"Javier Mascherano's refusal to face Manchester City on Monday night was selfish and unprofessional," he said. "I can understand his frustration because he's clearly desperate to move on but what he did was out of order and he let the club down badly.

"Mascherano needs to remember that when Liverpool signed him in 2007 his career was going nowhere. He can't expect the club to just drop the amount of cash they want for him so he can get away. I'm glad Roy Hodgson has stood his ground because you can't have players calling the shots.

"With the transfer window shutting next week I'm sure his agent advised him to refuse to play and cause havoc to try to force the club's hand. That's what happened in my time and it's still happening today."

Defender Daniel Agger (concussion) and Maxi Rodriguez (illness) are also missing from the squad which travels to Turkey with a 1-0 lead from the first leg.

"Steven Gerrard unfortunately has had a recurrence of the back problem which he gets from time to time," said Hodgson. "Hopefully it won't stop him playing on Sunday."

"With Fernando Torres we've made the decision that we don't wish to risk him three games in a row at this stage of the season with him having done so well to get back this quickly.

"Agger played in the game on Monday (the 3-0 defeat to Manchester City) which was to some extent against medical advice. He wanted to play but felt a bit sick after the game. That's mainly due to the concussion he suffered (against Arsenal), so it would be foolish for us to risk him.

"Maxi is sick. He's in bed at the moment with a bit of gastroenteritis, so he's out of the question."

Hodgson admits his side face a tough challenge against Trabzonspor after failing to put the match beyond reach at Anfield last week, with Joe Cole missing a penalty.

"We missed a golden opportunity to kill the game off at Anfield and now we've got it all to do," added the 62-year-old. "It's going to be a very tough ask for the players in a difficult place.

"They are one of the two or three best teams in Turkey at the moment and Turkish football is of a very high standard.

"Everyone who's been to Trabzon tells me it's a remarkably difficult place to play. They're a hostile and fanatic crowd and it's a difficult pitch. But if we come through it we'll come through it stronger."

1). 1-1 Draw!! (NoGoal!) Cheesecake