Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    Despite being a Liverpool fan for 10 years, i'm getting quite sick of this History bigger then others call.

Besides the European Cup, there hasn't been much excitement for me as a fan during this 10 years. Come'on, win the damn title for once !!
    u can wait together with us la. some of us waited for 20yrs liao.

the next few seasons very tough as we will witness the rise of chel$ki and manSipTea(once they sack the useless robert munchy).
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

haiz.... hopefully tonite liverpool can produce a 0-6 scoreline and stunt the world...

ok ok.. i'm dreaming...

no harm in dreaming....I have been dreaming for 20 years too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    haiz.... hopefully tonite liverpool can produce a 0-6 scoreline and stunt the world...

ok ok.. i'm dreaming...

waseh.. if really ... then i dun mind losing weight.

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    no harm in dreaming....I have been dreaming for 20 years too.....
    keep the faith!!!

Go liverpool Go!!!!!

Man City will roll up and play dead!!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Liverpool v Man City Preview

By Justin Heron

Liverpool head to Eastlands on Monday night to take on a Manchester City side that has invested over £129m this summer, on the talents of Yaya Toure, James Milner, Mario Balotelli, David Silva, Aleksandar Kolarov & Jermone Boateng.

Despite the players City have added to their squad and a tough opening day fixture against Arsenal, the Reds may find themselves facing Manciniís men at a good time, as the side is clearly going to take time to gel before any real fluency of football is played on a consistent basis and there was certainly evidence of that against a more established Spurs side that they struggled to keep at bay for the first 45mins last weekend.

Both sides took just the one point from their opening day fixture, as Liverpool conceded a late goal against Arsenal due to the misfortunes of Pepa Reina and Manchester City had the heroics of an inspired Joe Hart to thank, for keeping Spurs out at White Hart Lane, in game that surprisingly finished 0-0.

On the injury front it is the Reds that are the better positioned, as their only major doubt remains over Daniel Agger who is recovering from a concussion, with Javier Mascherano expected to return to the side after picking up a minor calf injury against the Gunners. City however have Boateng (knee), Kolarov (ankle), Bridge (foot), and Michael Johnson (knee) all definitely ruled out of the game with new signing, frontman Mario Balotelli formerly of Inter Milan, recovering from a minor knee complaint the only one likely to face a late fitness test.

Liverpool see new arrival Joe Cole start his 3 game suspension, following the straight red card he received on the on the stroke of halftime last weekend. Captain Steven Gerrard is expected to take up Coleís position in midfield, one he is used to playing in during Rafa Benitezís time at the club. His own position deeper in the centre of midfielder is expected to be contested by other new arrival Christian Poulsen and the Brazilian Lucas Leiva who has grown in stature over the last 12 months.

After getting another 45 minutes under his belt against Trabzonspor in Liverpoolís Europa League tie on Thursday, striker Fernando Torres is in contention for his first start of the season and to lead the line against a juggled City back four. The teams head into this fixture with five of the seven previous meetings between these sides ending in a draw. Despite the millions of pounds spent by Manchester City to try and find a place in the top four of English Premier League football, they havenít managed to take all 3pts against a Liverpool side in a home fixture since April 2005.

Likely Line-Ups

Liverpool (4-2-3-1)
    Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Jovanovic, Gerrard, Torres

Manchester City (4-3-3)
    Hart, Zabaleta, K Toure, Kompany, Lescott, De Jong, Y Toure, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Silva

Match Official: Phil Dowd

Deregistered

good to see aurelio back in the line up .

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

back by popular demand!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Sunday, August 22, 2010

2). Fulham vs. manCircle utd clowns!
    Craven Cottage

a). 2-2 DRAW!!! (zamora, gera) cheesecake --- > 3pts!
    b). 1-0 FULHAM WIN!!! (Mark Schwarzer) blazer_workz --- > 0
    c) 1-1 draw! (zamora, scholes) zaren--- > 1 for pao scold! paiseh, missssssed tis. kekekeke
    d) 2-1 manUre win(looney,barbietoy) roDz --- > 0
    e) 3-2 Fulham win ( Booby Zamora , Konchesky ) domdomino --- > 0
    f). 2-0 MU wins. (W. Rooney, W. Rooney) Canew. --- > 0
    g). 3-0 MU win (Rooney, Hernandez) coolsigg --- > 0
    h). 0-0 Draw!!! zhapchit --- > 0
    i). 1-0 fulham win (zamora) sunnyday --- > 0
    j). 1-1 Draw (whichdick from mancircle o.g.) grumpy--- > 0
    k) 1-0 Fulham Win (Zamora) obfuscate --- > 0
    l) 0-0 Draw (nobody) archlover --- > 0

Monday, August 23, 2010

3). manSipTea vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
    City of Manchester stadium

a). 0-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!! (TORRES!!!!) cheesecake
    b). 3-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!! (Gerrard, Kite, Jovanovic) blazer_workz
    c). 3-2 LIVERPOOL WINS!!! (Torres , Jovanovic ) domdomino
    d) 1-1 Draw! (Tevez, Gerrard) zaren
    e) 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Torres,Gerrard) roDz
    f). 3-1 Liverpool wins! (S. Gerrard, D. Ngog) Canew.
    g). 1-0 liverpool win (torres) sunnyday
    h). 2-1 Liverpool win (Torres, Jovanovic) zhapchit
    i). 2-0 Liverpool Win! (Torres, Ngog) obfuscate
    j). 2-1 Liverpool Win! (Gerrard, Torres ) archlover
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 23rd August 2010 at 10:56 AM.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    5). zaren -------> 1pt

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Craven Cottage

2-2 draw with Simon Davies scoring the 1st goal for Fulham, Pao Scold netting first for the manCircle clowns and Hangeland securing the final goal for both manCircle clowns and Fulham.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Last edited by Cheesecake; 23rd August 2010 at 10:57 AM.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    5). zaren -------> 1pt

Monday, August 23, 2010

By Justin Heron

Liverpool head to Eastlands on Monday night to take on a Manchester City side that has invested over £129m this summer, on the talents of Yaya Toure, James Milner, Mario Balotelli, David Silva, Aleksandar Kolarov & Jermone Boateng.

Despite the players City have added to their squad and a tough opening day fixture against Arsenal, the Reds may find themselves facing Mancini’s men at a good time, as the side is clearly going to take time to gel before any real fluency of football is played on a consistent basis and there was certainly evidence of that against a more established Spurs side that they struggled to keep at bay for the first 45mins last weekend.

Both sides took just the one point from their opening day fixture, as Liverpool conceded a late goal against Arsenal due to the misfortunes of Pepa Reina and Manchester City had the heroics of an inspired Joe Hart to thank, for keeping Spurs out at White Hart Lane, in game that surprisingly finished 0-0.

On the injury front it is the Reds that are the better positioned, as their only major doubt remains over Daniel Agger who is recovering from a concussion, with Javier Mascherano expected to return to the side after picking up a minor calf injury against the Gunners. City however have Boateng (knee), Kolarov (ankle), Bridge (foot), and Michael Johnson (knee) all definitely ruled out of the game with new signing, frontman Mario Balotelli formerly of Inter Milan, recovering from a minor knee complaint the only one likely to face a late fitness test.

Liverpool see new arrival Joe Cole start his 3 game suspension, following the straight red card he received on the on the stroke of halftime last weekend. Captain Steven Gerrard is expected to take up Cole’s position in midfield, one he is used to playing in during Rafa Benitez’s time at the club. His own position deeper in the centre of midfielder is expected to be contested by other new arrival Christian Poulsen and the Brazilian Lucas Leiva who has grown in stature over the last 12 months.

After getting another 45 minutes under his belt against Trabzonspor in Liverpool’s Europa League tie on Thursday, striker Fernando Torres is in contention for his first start of the season and to lead the line against a juggled City back four. The teams head into this fixture with five of the seven previous meetings between these sides ending in a draw. Despite the millions of pounds spent by Manchester City to try and find a place in the top four of English Premier League football, they haven’t managed to take all 3pts against a Liverpool side in a home fixture since April 2005.

Likely Line-Ups

Liverpool (4-2-3-1)
    Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Jovanovic, Gerrard, Torres

Manchester City (4-3-3)
    Hart, Zabaleta, K Toure, Kompany, Lescott, De Jong, Y Toure, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Silva

Last edited by Cheesecake; 23rd August 2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    good to see aurelio back in the line up .
    hopefully he won't get injured!!

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    5). zaren -------> 1pt

Monday, August 23, 2010

By Justin Heron

Despite the players City have added to their squad and a tough opening day fixture against Arsenal, the Reds may find themselves facing Manciniís men at a good time, as the side is clearly going to take time to gel before any real fluency of football is played on a consistent basis and there was certainly evidence of that against a more established Spurs side that they struggled to keep at bay for the first 45mins last weekend.

Liverpool see new arrival Joe Cole start his 3 game suspension, following the straight red card he received on the on the stroke of halftime last weekend. Captain Steven Gerrard is expected to take up Coleís position in midfield, one he is used to playing in during Rafa Benitezís time at the club. His own position deeper in the centre of midfielder is expected to be contested by other new arrival Christian Poulsen and the Brazilian Lucas Leiva who has grown in stature over the last 12 months.

After getting another 45 minutes under his belt against Trabzonspor in Liverpoolís Europa League tie on Thursday, striker Fernando Torres is in contention for his first start of the season and to lead the line against a juggled City back four. The teams head into this fixture with five of the seven previous meetings between these sides ending in a draw. Despite the millions of pounds spent by Manchester City to try and find a place in the top four of English Premier League football, they havenít managed to take all 3pts against a Liverpool side in a home fixture since April 2005.

Likely Line-Ups

Liverpool (4-2-3-1)

Manchester City (4-3-3)

k). 3-1 Liverpool Win! (Jovanovic, Gerrard, Torres) shunzi

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    5). zaren -------> 1pt

Monday, August 23, 2010

By Justin Heron

Likely Line-Ups

Liverpool (4-2-3-1)

Manchester City (4-3-3)

j). 1-0 Liverpool Win! (gerrard) grumpy

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    5). zaren -------> 1pt

Monday, August 23, 2010

By Justin Heron

Likely Line-Ups

Liverpool (4-2-3-1)

Manchester City (4-3-3)

l). 1-0 Liverpool Win! (gerrard) grumpy
    m) 1-1 Draw! (Torres) coolsigg => Tough away fixture. Lucky to get 1 point.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). cheesecake -> 3pts
    4). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    5). zaren -------> 1pt

Monday, August 23, 2010

By Justin Heron

Likely Line-Ups

Liverpool (4-2-3-1)

Manchester City (4-3-3)

l). 1-0 Liverpool Win! (gerrard) grumpy
    m) 1-1 Draw! (Torres) coolsigg => Tough away fixture. Lucky to get 1 point.
    n) 1-1 Draw! (Gerrard) Taurean

Liverpool FC up attempts to sign PSV Eindhoven pair Ola Toivonen & Carlos Salcido

LIVERPOOL are ready to step up their attempts to make a double swoop for PSV Eindhoven pair Ola Toivonen and Carlos Salcido.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson has been tracking the Mexican left-back and the Swedish striker, as he looks to plug the gaps in his squad.

And last night Academy ambassador Kenny Dalglish flew to Holland to watch them in action at the Phillips Stadion, as PSV beat AZ Alkmaar 3-1.

Salcido was an unused substitute but Toivonen played for 82 minutes before being replaced by Ibrahim Afellay.

Hodgson himself watched Toivonen in action 12 days ago when the 24-year-old scored as Sweden beat Scotland 3-0 in Stockholm.

Toivonen began his career with his hometown club Degerfors, then moved on to Orgyrte before making his name at one of Hodgsonís old sides, Malmo.

A towering presence with an eye for goal Ė he has scored 38 times in 49 appearances for PSV Ė Hodgson has identified the 6ft 4ins Toivonen as the man he wants to provide cover for Fernando Torres.

Liverpool were today refusing to comment on the matter but sources in Holland have confirmed that a bid has been tabled for Toivonen; a swap deal for Ryan Babel, however, is not an option.

Whatís more, PSV boss Fred Rutten also appears to have accepted that Toivonen is heading for the Reds when he said: ďI canít block the transfer.Ē

It is also understood that there is a definite interest in Salcido, who impressed for Mexico when they played England at Wembley in May.

Though predominantly left-footed, Salcido is versatile and can play in the centre of defence or as a right-back.

Meanwhile, Liverpoolís position on Dirk Kuyt and Javier Mascherano has not changed despite speculation emerging again over the weekend about their respective futures.

Kuyt continues to be linked with Inter Milan and Barcelona are monitoring Mascheranoís position but Liverpool insist neither man is for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

LEAGUE TABLE

1). coolsigg ---- > 3pts
    2). domdomino --> 3pts
    3). bro rodz ---- > 1pt

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Craven Cottage

a). 2-2 DRAW!!! (zamora, gera) cheesecake --- > 3pts!
    b). 1-0 FULHAM WIN!!! (Mark Schwarzer) blazer_workz --- > 0
    c) 1-1 draw! (zamora, scholes) zaren--- > 1 for pao scold! paiseh, missssssed tis. kekekeke
    d) 2-1 manUre win(looney,barbietoy) roDz --- > 0
    e) 3-2 Fulham win ( Booby Zamora , Konchesky ) domdomino --- > 0
    f). 2-0 MU wins. (W. Rooney, W. Rooney) Canew. --- > 0
    g). 3-0 MU win (Rooney, Hernandez) coolsigg --- > 0
    h). 0-0 Draw!!! zhapchit --- > 0
    i). 1-0 fulham win (zamora) sunnyday --- > 0
    j). 1-1 Draw (whichdick from mancircle o.g.) grumpy--- > 0
    k) 1-0 Fulham Win (Zamora) obfuscate --- > 0
    l) 0-0 Draw (nobody) archlover --- > 0

Monday, August 23, 2010

kekeke....finally got 1 pt!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    kekeke....finally got 1 pt!
    not bad. we got off onto a good start!

according to SG Pools odds, ManSiTea is fav to win tonight!