Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (47!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    hyypia, cannot lah........ old liao, we need hyppia the small instead.
    think he can come bak n coach, since his heart is with us!

think he old n slow but then hor, he still 100000000% beta than that kryptonite.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    what is wrong with you guys?
    ask you lor. you are the teacher who taught us to wave leh.
    Last edited by shunzi; 19th August 2010 at 11:48 AM.

no more raf999!!! yes!!! he has gone on to destroy intermilan!
    already doing by trying to sign some kkj player.

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    already doing by trying to sign some kkj player.

then he should make signing laoya leiva his top priority

Deregistered

what is wrong with you guys?
    Its better than waving dirty kite soak undies.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    hyypia, cannot lah........ old liao, we need hyppia the small instead.
    old , but still strong and steady ..

jialat... this thread beginning to be filled with undies wavers

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    then he should make signing laoya leiva his top priority
    gif him FOC oso no problem.

no more raf999!!! yes!!! he has gone on to destroy intermilan!
    yes, I pity Inter! no more treble winning season. I foresee Sneijder will leave Inter after this season!

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    yay ! i hope hyypia comes back .

i will be proud to wave his undies.
    he old liaos lei...wait we become old folks home like AC Milan...

Aqualanlan & Bubblegum Going Nowhere

Despite only just completing his first season in the red shirt of Liverpool, Alberto Aquilani has never been short of speculation surrounding him about a move back to Italy.

Napoli are the latest side to be linked with a loan move for the player, who has taken time to overcome the ankle injury he arrived with as well as suffering from a number of viruses once his fitness had returned. With former manager Rafa Benitez not playing the Italian with any consistency until the latter part of last season, he has never been provided with the opportunity to truly show the Liverpool fans what he is capable of.

The start to this campaign has shown the creative midfielder feature in parts and with a full pre-season behind him, he is keen to feature in Roy Hodgson’s plans for 2010/11 as has been confirmed in comment by his agent Franco Zavaglia as he told CalcioNapoli24.it.

“Aquilani to Napoli? That rumour is totally unfounded,” Franco Zavaglia commented.

“Every now and then someone dreams. It’s fine to dream, but this is not an option that can be explored.”

“Aquilani is a Liverpool player, he is admired by the new manager Roy Hodgson and will remain in England. This will be his breakthrough year in the Premier League.”

“I also rule out another rumour of his potential return to Roma.” he was quick to add to prevent further speculation concerning Aquilani’s former club.

With Aquilani seemingly set on a future at Anfield, Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has also moved to dismiss recent speculation reports that last season’s Europa League semi-finalists Wolfsburg have made an offer for Dutch international Ryan Babel.

Birmingham City are long term admirers of the forward player and have shown interest in signing the player since the last transfer window, where an offer in the region of £8m was rejected by Liverpool. Wolfsburg have also had their name added to that list of speculation over the last couple of days but Roy Hodgson was happy to clear up the situation concerning Liverpool’s intentions for the player and any bids made for him.

“No, there’s none there,” said Hodgson of the supposed bid. “I’m afraid we’re in the realm of speculation.”

“You know better than I how many stories you’re getting every day, and many of them are unfounded and many are attempts from people to get their players in the spotlight.”

“We’ve had no written or formal offers for Ryan Babel and he’s a player who I’m expecting to play for us.”

Huang Grows Frustrated

Five days have now passed since Liverpool FC issued a holding statement on August 13th to the effect that “The Board will continue to act in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club and its supporters, doing all that it can to ensure that the Club is ultimately sold to a buyer who has the resources and real commitment to give it a long-term, stable and secure funding position for its plans.” – However it seems that for Chinese born businessman Kenny Huang and his consortium, it is just taking too long.

The Guardian and The Times have both reported that Huang is growing increasingly frustrated that his attempts to take Liverpool FC over from existing custodians Tom Hicks and George Gillett, is just not happening as quick as he would like. With one eye on the soon to be closing transfer window at the end of August, Huang is reported to be concerned that he will not have the opportunity to present manager Roy Hodgson with a last minute war chest to significantly bolster the Anfield squad, at the present rate of development.

Roy Hodgson has previously indicated that regardless of any funds available to him, any inbound players will be purely based upon the results of the research undertaken by his team. A process to ensure as much as possible, that compatibility with the existing squad and the way that it is deployed to play is the priority at the top of their agenda as opposed to any other valuation any said player may have in the market place.

Liverpool FC had previously suggested that Huang or any other bidder interested in the purchase of the club, had not offered proof of their funding but The Times reports that it believes the Chinese bid has in fact supplied all the necessary documentation required by the memorandum of sale, a legal framework for potential buyers. A RBS source has also indicated a similar status report concerning the legal documentation required.

The race for Liverpool FC ownership has long been seen as a two horse race between Huang and Yahya Kirdi, a close friend of the Gillett family via his son Foster, a fact that was immediately met with some hostility and reservation from the Liverpool fan base through the connection alone. The last real comments associated to the Kirdi bid, which has seen a number of PR gaffs along the way, were credited as being that although they wished to confirm their interest was very much genuine, they believed that a further 2 months would be required to complete a deal. This would leave a takeover very much closer to the present RBS October deadline and also be well outside the current transfer window.

Whether Huang’s take it or leave it approach to Liverpool Chairman Martin Broughton is sincere or just a little shot across the bows to move things on, remain to be seen, as does whether Roy Hodgson and Christian Purslow are quietly planning for a last minute spending spree that may or may not happen.

Cavalieri & Nemeth Set For Anfield Exits

Diego Cavalieri is set to play his last game for Liverpool on Thursday night against Trabzonspor in the Europa League, as he heads off after the game to complete a medical at Cesena of the Serie A.

With a fee already agreed for the player, the keeper gets the chance to say goodbye to the Anfield crowd and hopefully help the Reds gain a good starting advantage over their Turkish opponents to take into their 2nd leg. Cavalieri leaves his understudy position to Pepe Reina, with Australia’s Brad Jones signed at the start of the week from Middlesborough, to take over the role and attempt to dislodge one of the best goalkeepers in the world from the Reds starting eleven. Cavalieri had been previously linked with moves back to Brazil at the end of last season for first team football but the player was believed to be reluctant to return to his homeland just yet, with options of either Spain or Italy more of a preference.

Roy Hodgson has confirmed the intended move for the Brazilian in todays press conference, ahead of the Europa tie.

“Diego has done a marvellous job for the last three years,” he said.

“He’s a very good goalkeeper and a very good person, but he made it clear to me at the start of the season that after three years of watching Pepe play every week he might, if he’s not careful, lose his goalkeeping ability or his status as a first-team goalkeeper.”

“He made it clear he’d like to leave and find a club where he’ll be able to play on a regular basis, so we set about the task of finding someone we thought would be as good a complement to Pepe Reina as Cavalieri has been.”

“That’s why Brad Jones has come in.” ”He’s the man we’ve chosen to back up Reina, put him under pressure and, most importantly, be ready to play.”

“Diego will travel to Cesena after the game tomorrow night for a medical.”

Ahead of last weekend’s Premier League fixture against Arsenal, Liverpool FC Managing Director Christian Purslow gave good indication that more players could yet leave Anfield this summer, in his interview with Five Live. It seems as though another one of those is set to be young Hungarian striker Krisztián Németh who is all set for a move to join former team mate Albert Riera at Olympiakos for a season on a season long loan.

The promising striker has just returned from a spell with AEK Athens where he featured 17 times for the Greek club, finding the net on 3 occasions, his spell at the club was largely disrupted by an ankle injury collected on international duty which ruled him out for several months. Italian side Lecce were hoping to take him away from Anfield in a £1m deal at the start of pre-season which saw the player omitted from the Swiss training camp but it seems with the loan option in place the talented player might still have the slightest glimmer of a chance of a Liverpool career in the future.

Aunty Agony & Marshmallow Man Out Of Europa Tie

Liverpool face Trabzonspor in their Europa League play-off first leg on Thursday but they will do so without the services of Daniel Agger and Javier Mascherano.

Both players picked up injuries in the Reds opening day draw against Arsenal at Anfield. Midfielder Mascherano picked up a calf injury with 10 minutes left in the game and left the field to be replaced by Lucas Leiva, whilst defender Agger sustained a concussion that has left him with no recollection of Sunday’s game, according to Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson.

Agger received the concussion in the second half of a game that had already see Joe Cole’s sending off reduce the Reds to 10 men on the stroke of half time and with all substitutes used, despite Liverpool temporarily having only 9 men, Agger returned to the pitch to help make up the numbers but was very unsure of his bearings.

“Daniel is not doing that well,” said Hodgson. “It is three days after the incident and he is still suffering from the concussion. He has no memory of the game.”

“It was quite a serious concussion he received and we can only hope it will settle down in time for Monday’s match against Manchester City. There was never any question he would be fit for tomorrow.
    “He is not able to do very much at the moment because he is still suffering from headaches. Even something as simple as reading a newspaper or watching TV can give him a headache so it is just a question of him taking things easy.”

Despite the player obviously leaving the pitch in a little discomfort at the weekend, the question was raised in regards to Mascherano, whether his omission was entirely injury related or was there an element of protecting his transfer value by ensuring he wasn’t cup tied in the competition. Roy Hodgson was happy to expand on the situation and confirm that injury was all that was keeping the Argentinian out of selection. Liverpool are still yet to receive an official enquiry or offer for the player despite his wishes to play in either La Liga or Serie A, after his family have failed to settle during his time in England.

“He will always be in my plans until the day comes when he leaves the club,” Hodgson said. “For me that will be a long time in the future. If I could get my wish, he would always play.”

While Hodgson hopes that rest will see the missing two fit to take on Manchester City this coming Monday, he will look to new signing Christian Poulsen to challenger Lucas Leiva and Alberto Aquilani for Mascherano’s place in midfield. Fabio Aurelio may get his chance to stake a claim on the left back spot also.

Aqualanlan & Bubblegum Going Nowhere

wah, I forgot we still have a player by name of aqualanlan

“Daniel is not doing that well,” said Hodgson. “It is three days after the incident and he is still suffering from the concussion. He has no memory of the game.”

“It was quite a serious concussion he received and we can only hope it will settle down in time for Monday’s match against Manchester City. There was never any question he would be fit for tomorrow.
    “He is not able to do very much at the moment because he is still suffering from headaches. Even something as simple as reading a newspaper or watching TV can give him a headache so it is just a question of him taking things easy.”

Looks very serious. Hope he recovers soon.

Looks very serious. Hope he recovers soon.
    need domdomino to wave his g-strings liao!

wah, I forgot we still have a player by name of aqualanlan
    he not in the team for the first game... y ah?

he not in the team for the first game... y ah?

must be keng MC lah, if not how to be called MC king

must be keng MC lah, if not how to be called MC king
    terok siah... mux ask bro rodz to sign him over for intermeelan liao.

terok siah... mux ask bro rodz to sign him over for intermeelan liao.

did raf9 spend 20million to sign this player?