Thread: Loose zoom lens (Canon 550D kit II lens)

Default Loose zoom lens (Canon 550D kit II lens)

Hi every bro in CS,

I jus bought a 550D kit II, and recently i found out my zoom lens is rather loose,

as in when zooming in and out, the turning of the lens is rather loose, as if there is no resistance.

and i think my picture is rather out of focus recently too, i dun know isit due to the faults of my "spoil" lens:?

Do advice pls...

Regards'
    Ochibi89

Default Re: Loose zoom lens (Canon 550D kit II lens)

some lens are known to have gravity zoom effect, means when you point down the gravity and the weight will make the lens automatically extend to full focal length..

i think the 18-135 is also subject to that.. shouldn't be too serious right?

as for the auto focus problem, can't say that it has to be the lens problem.. you need to describe more in order to diagnose the problem..

but my advice is since you just bought, still under warranty so go change a lens that you happy with..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

have you tried using other people's same lenses? If it's indeed different, then there might be problems with your lens.
    what focus mode are you on? Are you manually choosing the focus point or is it on auto?
    Canon Kiss X3 BG-E5 | Canon 135 f2 | Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 | Sigma 50 f1.4 | 430EXII
    View my gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ochibi89 View Post
    Hi every bro in CS,

I jus bought a 550D kit II, and recently i found out my zoom lens is rather loose,

as in when zooming in and out, the turning of the lens is rather loose, as if there is no resistance.

and i think my picture is rather out of focus recently too, i dun know isit due to the faults of my "spoil" lens:?

Do advice pls...

Regards'
    Ochibi89
    it depends...usually looseness is because of too much handling but not really an issue if its constantly been in use.

for the OOF issues, call up Canon Service Center to arrange an appointment.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

this is commonly known as 'lens creep'

show some sample pics and at what speed were u shooting at ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ochibi89 View Post
    'Recently' as in 'within 12 months'? Then go to Canon Service Center. If the lens is faulty they will have to do something about it.
    EOS