Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Thread: YOG disgrace sia

Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

Why didn't they just cater for Nasi Lemak? Must serve ang-moh style food ah?

Classic case of "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS AND NOT THE HEART".

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    I just bought a plate of duck rice for $3.50. It only came with half the duck head, the hawker told me that I should be grateful as many pakistan people got no food to eat.
    Then you should take back $3 and pay him only 50cts, telling him that $3.50 is more than 1 month's salary to some pakistan pple and you're paying him 40cts for the duck and rice and 10cts for less than half day's work to cook the dish!

Aiya.. so many comments is based on 1 picture only..

Mebbe that guy happen to get a not-good share of the packet? there's bound to be variations for so many packets of food made rite..

Maybe a sample size of pictures of 10 different packets of the same batch should be taken..

Then, judging be the average portion size etc.. would be more fair.. there could be some packets with more veggie and bigger pieces of meat.. and maybe more tasty also..

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post

looks quite yummy actually. Think of the starving flood victims in pakistan, we are blessed to live in a land of plenty.
    朱门酒肉臭 路有冻死骨

Our children deserve better food!

SFI may not have the kitchen to cook such large amount of food.

So??????

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post

Mebbe that guy happen to get a not-good share of the packet? there's bound to be variations for so many packets of food made rite..

Maybe a sample size of pictures of 10 different packets of the same batch should be taken..

Then, judging be the average portion size etc.. would be more fair.. there could be some packets with more veggie and bigger pieces of meat.. and maybe more tasty also..
    Company not ISO certified???

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Okay they are providing food for 20days (excluding venue validation exercise). Say 40,000 are eating each day. That will be 800,000 people x 3 meals = 2.4mil meals.

5.5/2.4 = $2.30 per meal. That is excluding the people that they employ to work from 6:30am to 8pm each day.

Is that a lot of money? May be one of you who are not happy should go do this job.
    No boss will tell you that they make money and yet many of them driving Mes.....?

If you cannot deliver so why do you tender?

So for $2.30 we feed our children with those food?

I will definetly complaint and not feedback to the authority! This is rubbish!

Maybe we should visit the YOG Village and see for ourself what is being served!

Our guest is important but our children .. to me, more important!

Then you should take back $3 and pay him only 50cts, telling him that $3.50 is more than 1 month's salary to some pakistan pple and you're paying him 40cts for the duck and rice and 10cts for less than half day's work to cook the dish!
    No, i paid 3.50 becos he has a family to take care. As for the rice and duck head I send it off to World Vision.

Arrow Re: YOG disgrace sia

Please read the Straits Times article.

Singapore Food Industries (SFI), a subsidiary of the Singapore Airport Terminal Services (Sats), provided the food. It had been awarded a $5.5 million catering services contract by the YOG organising committee.

When contacted, a Sats spokesman confirmed that the meal in the picture was part of a meal provided to the YOG workforce. A bottled drink and some fruit were also provided, she added.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_565714.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    i don't see anything wrong with that particular food provided.

I would be happy with it, if i am one of those being served.
    me neither.

but everyone is different i guess. with increasing affluence comes increasing softness/acceptance/adapdability.

No or poor quality control!

BTW can anyone provide a pic of the latest food served?

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    for $2.50 at bedok hawker centre, i get :

1 big serving of nasi lemak,
    1 full size 6" fried fish,
    2 big serving of veg (1 is long beans fried with tiny dried shrimes the other veg dont know the english & chinese name),
    1 serving of chillies (with ikan bilies & onion)

Now, that is what I call REAL outsourcing

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    me neither.

but everyone is different i guess. with increasing affluence comes increasing softness/acceptance/adapdability.
    Neither do I, it is a perfect meal for my family. The problem is not the type of food being serve. It is about how much does it cost?

SFI and the YOG committee love people like you to share their asumption - they won't mind, they are volunteer afterall. Do some extend they are people who also state that - if want to volunteer don't complain. My assumption of these people are - they have a profit sharing with SFI. We are talking about how much does it cost for that packet lunch? If it is $5.00, you also don't mind?

I understand the logic for better quality and quantity of food for the foreign atheletes. This is a good platform to invest in potential Foreign Sports Talent.

Live our dreams, fly our flag.

After I took the pic, I asked her how is the food in the village? She said, "Oishii".

Live our dreams, fly our flag.

After I took the pic, I asked her how is the food in the village? She said, "Oishii".
    alamak, u should have prepared a similar packet of food and invite her to sample,

soggy rice, 6 long beans of say, 4-5cm long each, a piece of fish fillet.

tell her this is what our volunteers are having. is that "Oishiii" enough for her?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Neither do I, it is a perfect meal for my family. The problem is not the type of food being serve. It is about how much does it cost?

SFI and the YOG committee love people like you to share their asumption - they won't mind, they are volunteer afterall. Do some extend they are people who also state that - if want to volunteer don't complain. My assumption of these people are - they have a profit sharing with SFI. We are talking about how much does it cost for that packet lunch? If it is $5.00, you also don't mind?

I understand the logic for better quality and quantity of food for the foreign atheletes. This is a good platform to invest in potential Foreign Sports Talent.
    yes, but that is a separate issue from the initial complaint - i.e. that the food is sub-standard.

showing agreement that the meal is acceptable for consumption is very different from saying that the price paid for it is equitable.

as for that, i don't know enough details to comment sufficiently on the amount being paid to SFI. do you?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes, but that is a separate issue from the initial complaint - i.e. that the food is sub-standard.

showing agreement that the meal is acceptable for consumption is very different from saying that the price paid for it is equitable.

as for that, i don't know enough details to comment sufficiently on the amount being paid to SFI. do you?
    point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    alamak, u should have prepared a similar packet of food and invite her to sample,

soggy rice, 6 long beans of say, 4-5cm long each, a piece of fish fillet.

tell her this is what our volunteers are having. is that "Oishiii" enough for her?
    cannot lah I also scouting for FT, local complain too much lei.

just give them meal allowance best... i kena volunteered for NPD like many others... eat KFC until sian... i just go opp kallang lesiure park eat BK....

give them $ to settle themselves, i would be happy if they give me money, i can eat what i want... just ask someone to da bao for everyone...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

from what i know about SFI...here's a good example:

Jurong camp has 2 camps. Camp 1 (Div HQ with Div Comd and 3rd Signals), Camp 2 (Combat Engineers).
    Food was catered by SFI
    Camp 2's food was pretty much crap most of the time... i got my first taste of Camp 1's food when my friend from the Div HQ invited me to their cookhouse. their food not only tasted better, it smelt WAY better and looked WAYYYYY better as well.

moral of the story is:

the food is better when you're eating where the big boss eats. other than that, expect sub-standard food. food elsewhere in the YOG served by SFI is wayyy better because of WHO it's being served to

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast