Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 199

Thread: YOG disgrace sia

  1. #41

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    What I'm curious to know is what are the youth participants of the games eating? Any photos to show? Are they eating the same as the volunteers?

  2. #42

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    What I'm curious to know is what are the youth participants of the games eating? Any photos to show? Are they eating the same as the volunteers?
    they eat like kings and queens, the courtesy of tax payer $.

  3. #43

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    they eat like kings and queens, the courtesy of tax payer $.
    A side by side photo comparison would be a great showcase.

  4. #44

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    A side by side photo comparison would be a great showcase.
    yog food

  5. #45

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    Well that's just great. Now maybe they need to place a signboard outside the dining hall that reads "No Pets & Volunteers Allowed"

  6. #46

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia



    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Well that's just great. Now maybe they need to place a signboard outside the dining hall that reads "No Pets & Volunteers Allowed"

  7. #47

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    i feel that the authority should treat the volunteers with respect and welfare.. afterall they are so kind to offer their precious time and effort...

    serving athletes with over 40 dishes is just overdoing things...

    i don't understand the "profound" reason behind really...

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    911

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Good le this kinda thing gets brought up. Last time where got facebook, iphone or stomp to complain.

    Now, don't play, play huh.

  9. #49
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    afterall they are so kind to offer their precious time and effort...
    Some "volunteers" are forced "to offer their precious time and effort".
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  10. #50

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    i feel that the authority should treat the volunteers with respect and welfare.. afterall they are so kind to offer their precious time and effort...

    serving athletes with over 40 dishes is just overdoing things...

    i don't understand the "profound" reason behind really...
    It's obvious that valued visitors are treated far much better than the lowly volunteers. I'm not against the exceptional hospitality toward visitors but at least show some decency to the people who volunteered. I wonder who is the person who is tasked to overseeing this aspect of food for volunteers?

    The drastic differential treatment kinda reminds me of this famous scene from bruce lee's movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvK-VGPocQU

  11. #51

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    frankly speaking i am really touched by all the posts here...

    at least singaporeans do care for singaporeans and justice! i join this forum to learn photography and i did learn alot, but i never expect to learn about other stuff here.. it is a bonus i must say...


    anyway, i always believe that one should respect himself/herself before others respect you... so i really have a hard time understanding the "profound" reason for these unhappy yog incidents... or perhaps i am thinking too highly of the authorities?

    i really wonder how will the rest of the world see us... i'm sad really...

  12. #52

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    No one or system is perfect. The whole system is extremely complex and cannot be simplified with a few words. Thousands of decisions have to be made every day and these are delegated to the various appointed individuals and committees to oversee its operation. So if there is oversight in one section, they need to be taken to task. Cannot blame the entire system. Well that's the real world.
    Last edited by snowspeeder; 14th August 2010 at 02:50 PM.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post

    The drastic differential treatment kinda reminds me of this famous scene from bruce lee's movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvK-VGPocQU
    Thats why they are served dog food?

  14. #54

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    No one or system is perfect. The whole system is extremely complex and cannot be simplified with a few words. Thousands of decisions have to be made every day and these are delegated to the various appointed individuals and committees to oversee its operation. So if there is oversight in one section, they need to be taken to task. Cannot blame the entire system. Well that's the real world.
    Actually, you brought up a very interesting point which made me think. So I'll just throw the question up for everyone.

    Since this is a rather big event and obviously, tasks need to be delegated, where or in which incidents do we hold the main organizing committee responsible? Or the buck always stop at the lower levels?

  15. #55
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Personally, I see that the catering company is trying to save money for more profit.

    This is a S$5.5 million dollar contract, not a small change in my book.

  16. #56

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Actually, you brought up a very interesting point which made me think. So I'll just throw the question up for everyone.

    Since this is a rather big event and obviously, tasks need to be delegated, where or in which incidents do we hold the main organizing committee responsible? Or the buck always stop at the lower levels?
    the top have immunity privilege... past incidents showed that already...

    i think we must direct our prayers to them... they are the gods... one level higher than us...

  17. #57

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Personally, I see that the catering company is trying to save money for more profit.

    This is a S$5.5 million dollar contract, not a small change in my book.
    I suppose there must be some QC somewhere along the line on the part of the organizing committee. There must be somebody who is assigned to view and sample the food made by the supplier and he would then have to approve it for mass produce. Unless this is the step they totally missed out or can't be bordered with.

    I'm not sure if there're any statistics to show how many meals in all that came out of their kitchen factory.
    Last edited by snowspeeder; 14th August 2010 at 06:07 PM.

  18. #58

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Actually, you brought up a very interesting point which made me think. So I'll just throw the question up for everyone.

    Since this is a rather big event and obviously, tasks need to be delegated, where or in which incidents do we hold the main organizing committee responsible? Or the buck always stop at the lower levels?
    My guess is for this kind of incident, the person(s) to be held responsible would most likely be at the logistics/supervisory level -- the person/team that is tasked to source for makan for the masses.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    im guessing, its just a single section or group that recieved this food bah. Since the others said got better food, maybe its just that day, or that time they kena **** food.

    300mil for YOG, if it generates 1bil worth of income, i think its well spent yeah?


    still, bloody waste of resources.
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

  20. #60

    Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

    Be thankful for the food and drinks you get. The poor construction workers that build our flats gets worst then this. If you volunteer, don't expect too much. If you volunteer, don't complain. If you expect to be treated as King and queen, don't volunteer.

    I have met people whom I work in my venue that pay $3000 air ticket to come to Singapore, pay their own hotel to volunteer in Singapore. When I ask them about the food...their reply was.."Be thankful for food." They are not paid a single cents, took leave from their work and travel half the world to come and volunteer. That is a real volunteer.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •