Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: YOG disgrace sia

Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

to be honest, i've had better food when i was in the army. back then while training in thailand, we had our own cooks and believe me, those cooked by our own army boys are 100% much better then what was given to the poor volunteers!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

SFI food always substandard la but its subjective to different tastes. Some ppl dun mind some dun like it. But the portion in the pic is ultra sad. Dun expect much from SFI.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    its a shame this kind of thing happen. Dont know what to say... Hai .. So much effort in place to make it a once in a life time event and such simple thing like Meals can end up in the wrong way. Next time, who will want to volunteer again ??
    dont worry about getting volunteers, read the part about a poly student in this link.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/08...rved-dog-food/

also, about the food, it cant even compare to the $2 nasi lemak at chinatown complex & hawker centre at 4 horse road. i always eat them as it is the cheaper food i can find when i go shooting around there.

i wonder where all the money went? considering they burst the budget by alot!!!
    Last edited by denniskee; 14th August 2010 at 01:22 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Thank goodness I wasn't served with this kind of food while on duty for the past few days.

Had way better off food actually and unlimited bottles of 500ml 100plus.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Singapore Food Industries (SFI), a subsidiary of the Singapore Airport Terminal Services (Sats), provided the food. It had been awarded a $5.5 million catering services contract by the YOG organising committee..
    if they decided to have 5 million dollar profit out of this services, I think the serving is very generous - at least you can still see 1 veg, 1 meat with rice, not forgetting that they also provide the box for packaging.

Ya, they will tell the volunteers that they are sending 5 million dollar to help Paskitan and China.

YOG, is about branding Singapore; it is about how businesses here will gain from it.

btw, it will be interesting if someone can post an image of what the yog officials are having in their meal box, and why is their meals differ from the volunteers?
    Last edited by jopel; 14th August 2010 at 08:38 AM.

Arrow Re: YOG disgrace sia

For those not in the loop, the photo was first put up on VRzone then HWZ EDMW where it was picked up by the ST moles.

http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chatt...eers-food.html

S$387 million was spent for this YOG.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 14th August 2010 at 08:39 AM.

it kinda made me wonder whether the YOG organisers actually went to a food tasting session or went through the menu with SFI.....or did they just blindly award the catering contract to SFI?

Quote Originally Posted by gossipmonger View Post
    it kinda made me wonder whether the YOG organisers actually went to a food tasting session or went through the menu with SFI.....or did they just blindly award the catering contract to SFI?
    I think what they did is choose the biggest food caterer (SFI) and be done with it, thinking it will be of a standard just because they r big. I think if YOG were to give volunteers $4 for every meal it is still cheaper than using SFI. $4 x 3 meals x 5000 volunteers? x14 days = $840000 less than a mil. and thats assuming there r 5000 volunteers needing to be fed every meal and 3 meals a day!

Deregistered

$300m funds to host YOG and cant afford to give a decent meal. tsk tsk.

well its not as if they build a sports village / hall for this particular which requires alot of money to build. they are using Sports Hall, Schools as event venues. and i dont see why they cant afford a simple meal for their own staff. Lucky I didnt volunteer as i wanted to.

5.5 Million for this standard? Wonder if it is a one off incident..happens only once every 50 years and no amount of engineering can prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    For those not in the loop, the photo was first put up on VRzone then HWZ EDMW where it was picked up by the ST moles.

http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chatt...eers-food.html

S$387 million was spent for this YOG.
    depressing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by KiichiroToyoda View Post
    5.5 Million for this standard? Wonder if it is a one off incident..happens only once every 50 years and no amount of engineering can prevent it.
    i'm already 180+ years old due to the 'once every 50yrs flood'. pls, no more 'once every 50yrs' kind of nightmare!

its an honest mistake by them, Lets move on

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    its an honest mistake by them, Lets move on

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    wah lau, today's papers..

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_565714.html

i can't believe it man.. even when i was in army i had better food provided by SFI.. the authorities are horrible.. wanna save money etc, come on man.. if its ur kid doing one whole day of work for FREE, you see them eat like that for lunch will also heart pain lor..

can't stand it man, all the hype about having dunno what B#(*@$S first time YOG... give this standard..

hais.. and all the people who said that its acceptable - if its ur son volunteer in the hot sun and eat that i think you will say differently..
    actually, this kind of food is considered heaven to those poor construction workers, i see them pouring gravy on plain rice and that is all they have.
    Last edited by Exposure; 14th August 2010 at 11:34 AM.

I think SFI could have done better than this.

In the army nowadays, all the food are catered to SFI, and I have to say the food provided in the camp is so much better than what the volunteers have got here.

IN the camp, normally you will get 4 to 5 dishes for lunch & dinner(2 meats & 2 veg& soup). Plus fruits and sometime ice-creams. The dishes taste pretty good also; There is some kind of cooking standard there. I would say it is even better than what you get at some hawker centre's food stalls. Not kidding.

That's the camp I went to for reservist. I am not sure about other camps.

i also think, the original plan is a good meal. There could be some mistake of mis-com along the way in food perparation ! SFI has standards and KPI to follow de.

Arrow Re: YOG disgrace sia

This is a S$5.5 million dollars contract for SFI.

In the case of Pakistan, they just bought a few F16D for a few million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    actually, this kind of food is considered heaven to those poor construction workers, i see them pouring gravy on plain rice and that is all they have.

I just bought a plate of duck rice for $3.50. It only came with half the duck head, the hawker told me that I should be grateful as many pakistan people got no food to eat.

i'm not denying the fact that it may be a standard or good meal for foreign workers or poor immigrants...

dont misunderstand..

i'm just saying for YOG and for volunteers who are helping the running of this world class, first time ever youth olympics... it is quite absurd..

and no it is not whether its just some random mistake, its about care taken to ensure some poor soul under the hot sun has a decent meal...

com'on man, if it were some of us having that lunch, we would also complain lor..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast