Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: YOG disgrace sia

Default YOG disgrace sia

wah lau, today's papers..

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_565714.html

i can't believe it man.. even when i was in army i had better food provided by SFI.. the authorities are horrible.. wanna save money etc, come on man.. if its ur kid doing one whole day of work for FREE, you see them eat like that for lunch will also heart pain lor..

can't stand it man, all the hype about having dunno what B#(*@$S first time YOG... give this standard..

hais.. and all the people who said that its acceptable - if its ur son volunteer in the hot sun and eat that i think you will say differently..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Default Re: YOG disgrace sia

Some ppl say it is bad, some ppl say the food is ok...so how will you know for sure who is correct?

I think the judgement of food is depending on person to person.. to some poor kids, these could be like "heaven" to them...

6 pieces of long beans and a piece of meat fillet....

SFI catered food in army has 3 dishes + soup and 1 fruit..sometimes ice cream too.

Glad this was brought up, otherwise when overseas officials see our volunteers eat these stuff, its the ultimate disgrace.

Yeah whether the food is nice or not is up to the taste of the individual. But looking at the photo of the food, it is an unmistakable reflection as to how the committee responsible regard the volunteers.

It's like...'we thank you for helping out at the event...here you go...there's your rice....eat it'.
    Last edited by snowspeeder; 13th August 2010 at 09:49 PM.

its a shame this kind of thing happen. Dont know what to say... Hai .. So much effort in place to make it a once in a life time event and such simple thing like Meals can end up in the wrong way. Next time, who will want to volunteer again ??
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 13th August 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post
    Some ppl say it is bad, some ppl say the food is ok...so how will you know for sure who is correct?

I think the judgement of food is depending on person to person.. to some poor kids, these could be like "heaven" to them...
    "The meal, served in a plastic box, comprised a mound of rice, a meat fillet and six pieces of long bean."

"He said: 'One of the meals was a dry, tasteless piece of chicken with a few slices of carrot and some soggy rice. I ended up throwing most of it away.'

"
    how is this good?
    Objection !!!

i seriously hope the authories can do something abt it.

not asking for very good foods but at least something presentable.

"6 pcs of long beans", for GOD sake.

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post

its not whether its poor kids or better off kids.. its the kinda treatment that is given to the volunteers.. if it is in sufficient quantity then you say the taste is no good then ok la, acceptable argument..

but here the problem is not the taste.. its what is given.. look at the photo, does this even reach the standard of singapore nowadays?

no wonder nobody want to volunteer have to force people to help..
    )%(#
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

at least note the right party at fault, if want to make noise.

Singapore Food Industries (SFI), a subsidiary of the Singapore Airport Terminal Services (Sats), provided the food. It had been awarded a $5.5 million catering services contract by the YOG organising committee.
    i believe it does not say that "YOG organising committee cook the food and serve it to volunteers".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    at least note the right party at fault, if want to make noise.

i believe it does not say that "YOG organising committee cook the food and serve it to volunteers".
    and that happens to be running my sch canteen i think. and we are complaining of high prices and ridiculous food.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 13th August 2010 at 10:27 PM.

haha, think they forget now is face book internet era, such thing will sure appear. Now, who will be blamed???? Blame the volunteers for asking more? Blame the committee fail to ensure? Or blame singaporeans making a big hooooooo haaaaaaa out of this while many countries got no food? Blame the Sats for bidding too low, the 5.5 million not enough profit?

There shd be more cases following up.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jphua View Post
    i seriously hope the authories can do something abt it.

not asking for very good foods but at least something presentable.

"6 pcs of long beans", for GOD sake.
    That is not "6 pcs of long beans", that is "1 pc of long bean chopped into 6 pcs" ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    That is not "6 pcs of long beans", that is "1 pc of long bean chopped into 6 pcs" ...
    they will just say its a new breed of short beans.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    they will just say its a new breed of short beans.
    Hahaha so the $5.5 million is spent on growing these "new breed" of long beans? Thats why not enough money for proper meals?

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    wah lau, today's papers..

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_565714.html

i can't believe it man.. even when i was in army i had better food provided by SFI.. the authorities are horrible.. wanna save money etc, come on man.. if its ur kid doing one whole day of work for FREE, you see them eat like that for lunch will also heart pain lor..

can't stand it man, all the hype about having dunno what B#(*@$S first time YOG... give this standard..

hais.. and all the people who said that its acceptable - if its ur son volunteer in the hot sun and eat that i think you will say differently..

looks quite yummy actually. think of the starving flood victims in pakistan, we are blessed to live in a land of plenty.
    Last edited by zaren; 13th August 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    "The meal, served in a plastic box, comprised a mound of rice, a meat fillet and six pieces of long bean."

"He said: 'One of the meals was a dry, tasteless piece of chicken with a few slices of carrot and some soggy rice. I ended up throwing most of it away.'

"
    how is this good?
    Here is the link to the meal: http://yfittopostblogsg.files.wordpr.../blog_food.jpg
    Last edited by tim; 13th August 2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Oops, link to picture is posted at the first post.

hmm... looks better than the food served in Safti during my NS.
    there were cook houses then... and unhappy cooks....

hey good idea....in future the full service (non-budget) airlines serve this kind of food to even the first class passengers.
    Then Durai will not be so desperate and hard-up to fly first class anymore...
    say need to cut cost.....

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    hmm... looks better than the food served in Safti during my NS.
    there were cook houses then... and unhappy cooks....
    miles better lah..... i remember the food from my bmt (years ago)..... grains of sand in the rice, inedible meat chunks under 1 inch of oil, "rubber band" beehoon, etc....

Blog Entries

oh WOW...... volunteer photographers will be HAPPY getting paid with this type of meal ...got water and fruit some more leh !

NOT !
    Last edited by ed9119; 13th August 2010 at 11:55 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

The meal would look decent if the portion of long beans were to be increased

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast