Thread: Real or Fake Gold

Default Real or Fake Gold

yesterday just brought a pendent from a fengshui shop and was told that it was made of gold and some gems, wasn't sure true or not coz they dun have any verification or document etc like some jewery shop give. however i backside itches go buy without thinking!!!
    Beside going to any jewery shop to check whether this is real or fake, how can a novice like me check? btw this pendent cost me 4 digit !!! heart pain.

Lightbulb

walk into any pawn shop and said you like to pawn it. they will give you an assessment of the value, if they will accept it as a pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    walk into any pawn shop and said you like to pawn it. they will give you an assessment of the value, if they will accept it as a pawn.
    a bit pai sei to walk into pawn shop leh. anyway thx.

Quote Originally Posted by naviseal
    yesterday just brought a pendent from a fengshui shop and was told that it was made of gold and some gems, wasn't sure true or not coz they dun have any verification or document etc like some jewery shop give. however i backside itches go buy without thinking!!!
    Beside going to any jewery shop to check whether this is real or fake, how can a novice like me check? btw this pendent cost me 4 digit !!! heart pain.
    Peng Song Hua? hehehe ......

interesting... what else did the fengshui guy say?
    anything about winning 4D or not?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by naviseal
    a bit pai sei to walk into pawn shop leh. anyway thx.
    Pai Sei? you just part with 4 digit $ for something which has no documentation whatsoever other than what the vendor told you.

By the way, pawnshops do not charge for valuation. It is free!! You do not want?

yeah... besides, those pawnshop people are so darn bored. just look at them sitting behind bars all day like jail birds... nothing to do, no business most of the time some more...
    ...sad life man

give them something to do and let them fondle your gold lah!

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Peng Song Hua? hehehe ......
    er ...but what is peng song hua???

Quote Originally Posted by LiOnElLiN
    interesting... what else did the fengshui guy say?
    anything about winning 4D or not?

Sad.....he siad i am damm unluck in gambling

Pai Sei? you just part with 4 digit $ for something which has no documentation whatsoever other than what the vendor told you.

By the way, pawnshops do not charge for valuation. It is free!! You do not want?
    freeone of course i want.

i will go to the nearest pawn shop to check tonite or tomorrow.
    hopefully the rates they quote is somewhere near the buying price.
    will revert the rates again.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LiOnElLiN
    yeah... besides, those pawnshop people are so darn bored. just look at them sitting behind bars all day like jail birds... nothing to do, no business most of the time some more...
    ...sad life man

give them something to do and let them fondle your gold lah!
    'No business most of the time'. Singapore Post is getting into this business. They have received the license and are renovating two post offices for this new business. FYI, each licensee needs a paid-up capital of $2 million. No small peanuts.

'No business most of the time'. Singapore Post is getting into this business. They have received the license and are renovating two post offices for this new business. FYI, each licensee needs a paid-up capital of $2 million. No small peanuts.
    great info
    thanks for the tip
    will bear that in mind the next time i consider setting up such a business...

Default methods

Interesting way:

just weigh your necklace and compare the price you bought with.... and the rate of gold nowadays....

Got gems? minus away some value also...
    What kinda gems? diamonds?

Then that will be tricky... you gotta estimate carat, purity and colouration... compare on newspapers...

Or the really lazy way...

GO TO THE PAWNSHOP!!!!