Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105

Thread: wat happened? more fare confusion???

  1. #81

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post
    "Will train fares go up as a result of the changes?

    Mrs Lim's answer is 'no', as fares are independently regulated by the Public Transport Council. "

    The results of increase in travelling fares are not the direct cause due to the changes.

    The results of increase in travelling fares are due to:

    1) Pay the person who come out of this idea
    2) Pay the technican who have to design the 'super computer'
    3) Pay the installation of the 'super computer'
    4) Pay for the annual servicing of the 'super computer'
    5) Pay the person who have to calculate the fare
    6) pay the person who have to monitor the new system


  2. #82

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post
    The results of increase in travelling fares are not the direct cause due to the changes.

    The results of increase in travelling fares are due to:

    1) Pay the person who come out of this idea
    2) Pay the technican who have to design the 'super computer'
    3) Pay the installation of the 'super computer'
    4) Pay for the annual servicing of the 'super computer'
    5) Pay the person who have to calculate the fare
    6) pay the person who have to monitor the new system


    You forgotten about the system that does the refund.

    7) Pay the person who come out of this refund idea
    8) Pay the technican who have to design the 'super refund computer'
    9) Pay the installation of the 'super refund computer'
    10) Pay for the annual servicing of the 'super refund computer'
    11) Pay the person who have to calculate the refund fare
    12) pay the person who have to monitor the new refund system
    13) pay the 2 ladies behind the counter at BV


    Raymond Lim said they will lose 88 mil a year. Time to sell those shares. haa haa

    http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News...17-232398.html
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  3. #83
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Wonder how they calculate that they lose 88mil a yr?

    If they really lose that much will they dare to open up for tender 15yrs time down the road lets say they dare so who would want to tender for a losing biz???

    What if all lines are under different operator will there be even more confussion??? or will it concussion by the time comes?

    My friend he decided to change to riding motor bike instead of public transport according to him it is much cheaper as all his trip increase!

    Maybe it is time to consider other transportation or maybe we can consider riding a bicycle as it is a good form of exercise also!

  4. #84

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Wonder how they calculate that they lose 88mil a yr?
    maths 101:

    they targeted to make 200mil profit a yr.
    but then they make 112mil only.
    so they tell us they loss 88mil . LOL. haha.

    see my point? they still earn right??
    Objection !!!

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Wonder how they calculate that they lose 88mil a yr?

    If they really lose that much will they dare to open up for tender 15yrs time down the road lets say they dare so who would want to tender for a losing biz???

    What if all lines are under different operator will there be even more confussion??? or will it concussion by the time comes?

    My friend he decided to change to riding motor bike instead of public transport according to him it is much cheaper as all his trip increase!

    Maybe it is time to consider other transportation or maybe we can consider riding a bicycle as it is a good form of exercise also!
    Read carefully, they mention 88 mill less revenue..........they still make profits lah!

    HS

  6. #86
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    maths 101:

    they targeted to make 200mil profit a yr.
    but then they make 112mil only.
    so they tell us they loss 88mil . LOL. haha.

    see my point? they still earn right??
    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Read carefully, they mention 88 mill less revenue..........they still make profits lah!

    HS

    Win liao lor earn less also = to lost! then who is earning?

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Win liao lor earn less also = to lost! then who is earning?
    I am earning! Cause I have SMRT shares

  8. #88
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    I am earning! Cause I have SMRT shares
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    One thing I also don't understand... why should it be considered a new trip when u take the same bus service twice? If I just need to go to AMK Central to buy some groceries and be done in 30min, I have 15min of transfer time to walk around, then take the same bus back home. But it will be a new trip. To pay less, I take another bus for 1 bus stop, then take back my original bus again. What's the point of all this?!
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    If everyone in this country buy SMRT shares, the more we travel, the more we pay, the more we earn from their shares........

    In the end your shares earnings will pay all your travels! Travel for free!

    And no more whining here.....Clubsnap servers will work faster, people more happy, and SMRT got money to bring in more trains and buses
    Last edited by hongsien; 19th August 2010 at 11:38 AM.

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    One thing I also don't understand... why should it be considered a new trip when u take the same bus service twice? If I just need to go to AMK Central to buy some groceries and be done in 30min, I have 15min of transfer time to walk around, then take the same bus back home. But it will be a new trip. To pay less, I take another bus for 1 bus stop, then take back my original bus again. What's the point of all this?!
    wah good question, i never tried.... the system probably not smart enough to cater to this.... maybe thats how the system can over charge so many ppl...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  12. #92

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    One thing I also don't understand... why should it be considered a new trip when u take the same bus service twice? If I just need to go to AMK Central to buy some groceries and be done in 30min, I have 15min of transfer time to walk around, then take the same bus back home. But it will be a new trip. To pay less, I take another bus for 1 bus stop, then take back my original bus again. What's the point of all this?!
    people seems to forget something, your one journey start from home to AMK Central, and the other journey from AMK Central to your home, just like you travel to work in the morning and back in the evening.

    since there are many buses around, you can utilize the transfer rules to go quick shopping and transfer other buses to get home and save some $.

  13. #93

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    News was out that 300,000 was overcharged since July. To ask for refund would need a super memory.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  14. #94

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    News was out that 300,000 was overcharged since July. To ask for refund would need a super memory.

    I believe you need to travel to the designated place for refund, that's another transport cost incurred....
    It always a win situation for the transport company!

  15. #95
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    News was out that 300,000 was overcharged since July. To ask for refund would need a super memory.
    july, august, september, october --> 4 months = S$300k?

    then how? they gonna offset my future rides?

    no wonder sometimes it costs more to travel the same distance!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #96

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    I believe you need to travel to the designated place for refund, that's another transport cost incurred....
    It always a win situation for the transport company!
    That is if you remember what bus route you took since July. I'm sure they will ask you to proof it too. Wonder how the elderly gonna do their refunds?
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  17. #97
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    actually i'm still confused with the fares.

    not that i care anymore.


    i sian 1/1 liao. complain oso tio rebutt. ppl write to forum kena a long list of explanations.

    now they come out n say overcharge la blahblahblah...


    i oso LLST, 'oh, charge more ah, ok lo.'
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #98
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    That is if you remember what bus route you took since July. I'm sure they will ask you to proof it too. Wonder how the elderly gonna do their refunds?
    lovely.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  19. #99
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    what more could i possibly do?


    aiya, sian liao la. accept it lo.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #100

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    One good thing (if you can even said it is so) about this saga is that they openly "admitted" the error.


    This is pobably the time when someone come out and declare:
    1. This only happen every 50 years.
    2. It's an honest mistake. Let's move on.

    Where is the accountability?
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •