Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 105

Thread: wat happened? more fare confusion???

  1. #41

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    No i show you my transcation record.

    i just learn this today from u.......... never know got such......
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  2. #42

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    No i show you my transcation record.

    Your bus trip on 232 is considered as part of the entire journey, which is why the total fare is $1.54.

    Transfer Rules
    ==========
    1) Maximum of 5 transfers within a single journey, with a 45 minute allowance between each transfer.
    2) All journeys must be completed within 2 hours.
    3) Single entry and exit for rail travel.
    4) Same bus service number must not be taken more than once in a journey.

  3. #43

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    yeah right long run.. how long is long run?
    long run or run long-ly?

  4. #44
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    paiseh, i very blur liao after seeing melvin didi's transport log.


    thus, i am awaiting words from someone higher up to enlighten me.

    someone with the answers.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #45
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Come onlah guys, you have to see it in the long run.

    Better to increase now and take your medication, if you look at Japan, we are still cheaper and don't need people to push you into the trains.






    i dun mind the increment, i believe most of us do not mind.

    we may complain and voice our disapproval and that's about it.


    but we do expect them to be more clear and transparent in their new billing system and not us, the people, to dig out info and irregularities and present it to them, only to get the usual same old answer, 'its an honest mistake. let's move on.' or some classic quote such as 'commuters can choose to board or not.'.

    if the charges are clear and transparent, i doubt the people will be this disgruntled and upset and voicing their displeasure on public forums such as ClubSnap.







    right?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    No i show you my transcation record.

    Thanks for sharing.
    It seems like you have taken a bus with 0.71 and thus the transfer is still valid when you board the train.

    So It's 0.71 + 0.83 = 1.54 for the 1st trip?

  7. #47

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    It can be

    1) Scenery based
    2) Standing space based
    3) Sitting space based
    4) Weather based
    5) Stock market based
    6) Tide based
    7) Moonphase based

    It can be based on anything you want, but it will still be adjusted to a structure that they will cover their bases still make more money. Some may pay more, some may pay less, but they will still make more no matter what.
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

  8. #48
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon View Post
    It can be

    1) Scenery based
    2) Standing space based
    3) Sitting space based
    4) Weather based
    5) Stock market based
    6) Tide based
    7) Moonphase based

    It can be based on anything you want, but it will still be adjusted to a structure that they will cover their bases still make more money. Some may pay more, some may pay less, but they will still make more no matter what.
    i think i wanna buy their shares n be a shareholder.

    cannot beat them, mux join them!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #49
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    if train delay, i believe they will say can refund, just that the refund systems is also confusing.

    very smart systems, indeed world class, think other countries may follow, see, they number 1 again.
    not confusing, but they just make it too dam bloody troublesome so that people dont bother to go take their refund. why? the refund is way less than the travel fare & time spend going there.

    like i replied in the other similar thread about this distant fare and increase night parking from $2 to $4, it is easy when u monopolize the market.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    I think they do this so that we have something to talk about in our own Kopitiam!

    Singapore is just too plain boring.......nothing exciting happening, need to stir up something once in a while

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Or they just want to make sure they don't loose money since they are a listed company.......I think that is the cause of this 'must make money' problem

  12. #52
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    not confusing, but they just make it too dam bloody troublesome so that people dont bother to go take their refund. why? the refund is way less than the travel fare & time spend going there.

    like i replied in the other similar thread about this distant fare and increase night parking from $2 to $4, it is easy when u monopolize the market.
    i dun understand why mux we travel all the way to buona vista in order to claim our refund.


    absolute hogwash!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  13. #53
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by reflecx View Post
    Your bus trip on 232 is considered as part of the entire journey, which is why the total fare is $1.54.

    Transfer Rules
    ==========
    1) Maximum of 5 transfers within a single journey, with a 45 minute allowance between each transfer.
    2) All journeys must be completed within 2 hours.
    3) Single entry and exit for rail travel.
    4) Same bus service number must not be taken more than once in a journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    It seems like you have taken a bus with 0.71 and thus the transfer is still valid when you board the train.

    So It's 0.71 + 0.83 = 1.54 for the 1st trip?


    I din know the transfer time is 45 mins, as all along i thought it is only 30mins between transfer. In that case means transfer still valid so this explain the fares.

  14. #54

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Maybe next time they will tell us pay the price based on whichever is higher.
    maybe next time fat people have to play double.
    Objection !!!

  15. #55

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    yeah right long run.. how long is long run?
    As long as it takes till the next fare increase

  16. #56
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    As long as it takes till the next fare increase
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #57

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    the BS completely dun make sense !
    Playing with M43.

  18. #58

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    They will probably introduce ERP - Electronic Rail Pricing soon. Travel on the MRT between 6-9am will incur $2 surcharge. 9-10am will incur $1.50.

    On top of this, they will introduce 1st class, business class and economy cabin.

    1st Class will have a seat secured, business class will have a stool confirmed, and economy class , just try you best to push your way in, after all, we are only hitting 1,400 sardines in each train, when the capacity is 1,600 sardines..

  19. #59

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    They will probably introduce ERP - Electronic Rail Pricing soon. Travel on the MRT between 6-9am will incur $2 surcharge. 9-10am will incur $1.50.

    On top of this, they will introduce 1st class, business class and economy cabin.

    1st Class will have a seat secured, business class will have a stool confirmed, and economy class , just try you best to push your way in, after all, we are only hitting 1,400 sardines in each train, when the capacity is 1,600 sardines..
    1st class got personal entertainment system?

    May I make a suggestion? Economy cabin is for you to register in a musical-chairs style competition, see who gets into the train before the beep goes off and the doors close

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: wat happened? more fare confusion???

    I don't know how the system work out. But, all I know is that, I am paying more.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •