Thread: Just joined

Default Just joined

Hello clupsnap community I recently had the digi cabi 10L dry box , the sillica pack was pink , i heated it over a stove . I left mid fire , came back in 15 mins , i saw the translucent part (plastic i think) melted . Im here to ask if there is any shops which sells the sillica pack by itself? Thanks

Deregistered

Default Re: Just joined

Welcome to CS

You might wanna get those jars of silica gel(Available from most camera-related shops for <$5) or upgrade to a dry cabinet.

Just get a new bottle of silica gel when you run out, they range from $3.50-$5 and last quite a while, so its not that expensive. but in the long run, a dry cabinet is more economic and more reliable
    Last edited by spree86; 12th August 2010 at 07:17 PM.

Can find in many camera shop.

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Welcome to CS

You might wanna get those jars of silica gel(Available from most camera-related shops for <$5) or upgrade to a dry cabinet.
    but my plastic part which stores the sillica gel melted and disposed le

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Can find in many camera shop.
    Is MS photo at AMK hub selling? the sillica PACK which the sillica gel is stored

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by bluesblue View Post
    but my plastic part which stores the sillica gel melted and disposed le
    You can just get those netting(From hardware shops) and fill it with silica gel.Once it turns blue,change the gel(Don't need to heat it)...

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    You can just get those netting(From hardware shops) and fill it with silica gel.Once it turns blue,change the gel(Don't need to heat it)...
    what are hardware shops (pardon me for not understanding this) , so the thing where sillica gel is stored is called a netting ? thanks thanks , i requested to join the facebook group le

what are hardware shops (pardon me for not understanding this) , so the thing where sillica gel is stored is called a netting ? thanks thanks , i requested to join the facebook group le
    hardware shops are those shops that sells all your pipes and cables and anything from batteries to mops. If you still not sure what the shop is just try homefix

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    hardware shops are those shops that sells all your pipes and cables and anything from batteries to mops. If you still not sure what the shop is just try homefix
    never mind ,i bought a thirsty hippo 600ml already , is this advisable?

Blog Entries

never mind ,i bought a thirsty hippo 600ml already , is this advisable?
    Please take care when toasting silica gel.

A chemical found in some types of silica gel is Carcinogenic and has been claimed to be cancer causing. The ones in question are the ones that look blue when dry, those contain cobalt chloride. Try to get the orange ones if possible.

Welcome to CS

A thirsty hippo will work fine, although you can't control humidity. And it's an expensive option since you will need to replace it regularly. Best is to get a dry cabinet.
    The best things in life are free.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Please take care when toasting silica gel.

A chemical found in some types of silica gel is Carcinogenic and has been claimed to be cancer causing. The ones in question are the ones that look blue when dry, those contain cobalt chloride. Try to get the orange ones if possible.
    thanks for telling , yea , i asked my chemistry teacher about that , CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    Welcome to CS

A thirsty hippo will work fine, although you can't control humidity. And it's an expensive option since you will need to replace it regularly. Best is to get a dry cabinet.
    i think need to change every 3 months at $3 per pack , it's quite cheap actually
    p.s i keep them inside an "air tight" dry box

i think need to change every 3 months at $3 per pack , it's quite cheap actually
    p.s i keep them inside an "air tight" dry box
    Well its still a lot of trouble trying to maintain the RH with a dry box, with a dry cabinet just set the humidity and no more worries.

Welcome