Thread: I was bad today.. and scolded someone at Fotohub

Default I was bad today.. and scolded someone at Fotohub

Sigh. Today I scolded a sales rep at Fotohub.

I sent in some photos to be printed at Fotohub over the internet on thurs night. Receipt says that I will be notified when the photos are done in 3 working days.

Today I decided to call cos I didn't get any notification, (I wanted to pick it up at the Suntec br) and was told that the photos are ready. This was at 7pm. So I asked them what time they were open until. They said 8pm.

Off I went to Suntec (along the way got stopped by some stupid person trying to get me to study some Diploma in Tourism, or learn Jap. Can ask me why study German instead of Jap .... duh I happy lah!! took up 15 mins of my time) rush rush rush got to the shop at 1953 (my watch) The shutters were down and there were closing account.

I told them I had to get my photos and they told me I had to pay by cash...... Ran off to get cash and got my photos. The second time I got back to the shop, I looked at their clock (1955hrs). Had a tirade about not being informed.... that it was already at least 4 working days since I sent in my photos.. blah blah. Yeah I know I was bad.

Was I very unreasonable in expecting them to be open till 2000hrs (min) as they said they were open till then??

Quote Originally Posted by Silverelf
    Sigh. Today I scolded a sales rep at Fotohub.

I sent in some photos to be printed at Fotohub over the internet on thurs night. Receipt says that I will be notified when the photos are done in 3 working days.

Today I decided to call cos I didn't get any notification, (I wanted to pick it up at the Suntec br) and was told that the photos are ready. This was at 7pm. So I asked them what time they were open until. They said 8pm.

Off I went to Suntec (along the way got stopped by some stupid person trying to get me to study some Diploma in Tourism, or learn Jap. Can ask me why study German instead of Jap .... duh I happy lah!! took up 15 mins of my time) rush rush rush got to the shop at 1953 (my watch) The shutters were down and there were closing account.

I told them I had to get my photos and they told me I had to pay by cash...... Ran off to get cash and got my photos. The second time I got back to the shop, I looked at their clock (1955hrs). Had a tirade about not being informed.... that it was already at least 4 working days since I sent in my photos.. blah blah. Yeah I know I was bad.

Was I very unreasonable in expecting them to be open till 2000hrs (min) as they said they were open till then??
    Nope....that seems like lousy customer service from your explanation here. Its called Over Promise, Under Deliver for the notification part.

I think you should have kept your cool. Getting pissed off serves no purpose than to make you unable to concentrate.

Yeah...I forgot that you mentioned you've scolded the sales rep. That's not very cool.

You should have praised the person instead. Think the person live by the mantra : Its always better to be early than late!

Quote Originally Posted by Aton
    Yeah...I forgot that you mentioned you've scolded the sales rep. That's not very cool.

You should have praised the person instead. Think the person live by the mantra : Its always better to be early than late!
    Hehe!! Yeah hor... maybe should have thought of it that way...

I ranted and ranted.. then I thought it wasn't very fair for her... so I kinda apologised... but I guessed it would have been totally lost on herat that time anyway.

To save myself ... I wasn't screaming at her... :lol: I know it's no excuse....

I think u had every right to scold her. She's running a business and she should value you as the customer...otherwise you take your business elsewhere how? If I were her boss I would not be happy with her inefficiency.

Life is short. No need to lose your cool like that.

You were honest about the sales rep taking up your time but you should have brush him/her off as you were rushing for time.

It is just one of those days where every thing doesn't seem to go right ie. a combination of factors which added fuel to make you lose your cool.

Relax..

It may not be the same person who promised you the collection time and served you at the counter. The sales person who entertained you may not be aware that you were told to collect by certain day. Scolding him/her would spoil his/her day if that's really the case. You should make a formal compaint to the management if you really feel pissed off and demand an explanation. Those who served you are, afterall, employees.....

Quote Originally Posted by yaoxing
    Scolding him/her would spoil his/her day if that's really the case. You should make a formal compaint to the management if you really feel pissed off and demand an explanation. Those who served you are, afterall, employees.....
    If they have good organisation service culture, they will have feedback customer complaints from the line to their managment. I was once put into a similar situation also (kenna scolded for no reason), but also LL; told the appropriate people and things got done in the end.

So it's not altogether wrong to feedback to the line staff.

I feel that you don't have to be so hard on her....

they are employees afterall... politeness rather than aggression certainly serves both parties better at the end of the day...