Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Where are Actions stored in Photoshop CS?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default Where are Actions stored in Photoshop CS?

    Hi guys,
    does anyone know where are the actions being stored in window?
    I wanted to move some actions I created in 1 machine to the other. However, after looking everywhere, doesn't seems to be able to find out where they are being kept??
    Would anyone be kindly enough to give some pointers??


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Not sure about PS CS, but for PS7, it is in the "Presets\Photoshop Actions" under photoshop folder.

  3. #3

    Default

    u can specify where u want to store ur custom actions

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default

    That's good news!
    Can share how to specify the action location in CS?

    Quote Originally Posted by xieyuqi
    u can specify where u want to store ur custom actions

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Thanks for the info
    Yeah, u r right. In PS7, it's stored in that folder.
    However, for CS, it's no longer there?


    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc
    Not sure about PS CS, but for PS7, it is in the "Presets\Photoshop Actions" under photoshop folder.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copper
    Hi guys,
    does anyone know where are the actions being stored in window?
    I wanted to move some actions I created in 1 machine to the other. However, after looking everywhere, doesn't seems to be able to find out where they are being kept??
    Would anyone be kindly enough to give some pointers??


    Thanks
    This is where I found mine:

    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Photoshop Actions
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

  7. #7
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copper
    Thanks for the info
    Yeah, u r right. In PS7, it's stored in that folder.
    However, for CS, it's no longer there?
    So according to Jer, they are still at the same place (I'm using PS7 so I wasn't sure about PS CS). You might want to try saving the actions you created. They are not automatically saved but PS will load them from somewhere when it starts. I still remember last time when I tried to migrate, I lost some of my actions because I saved some of the earlier ones but forgot to save the rest.

    Hope that helps.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default

    That's strange, I can't find it under the folder Jer specified?
    How do we save an action? I tho after recording, it'll automatically be saved?
    Pls advise


    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc
    So according to Jer, they are still at the same place (I'm using PS7 so I wasn't sure about PS CS). You might want to try saving the actions you created. They are not automatically saved but PS will load them from somewhere when it starts. I still remember last time when I tried to migrate, I lost some of my actions because I saved some of the earlier ones but forgot to save the rest.

    Hope that helps.

  9. #9
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Ok this is for PS7, not sure if it is the same for CS:

    The action is saved somewhere in the PS system when you record it (don't ask me where, I've no idea). It is not save in an action file unless you specify to do so.

    To save the action, choose your action folder, then click the small round button with the triangle mark on the top right corner of the action pallette. Then just choose "save actions" from the drop down manual.

    Hope that helps.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Thanks guys,
    Still didn't manage to find where it's being stored. But managed to save it as mentioned by Ziploc. Hv loaded the actions to my new PC.

    Thanks all the help everyone

  11. #11

    Post

    Adobe save information here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe
    for PS:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings

    note <username> is the user logged on to the computer, eg administrator.

    The file name for PS actions is 'Actions Palette.psp'
    Last edited by shoon; 11th August 2004 at 04:50 PM. Reason: File name for the action pallete info

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •