Woot! 1st Post!!
Hi all!! =D
As per title, I wish to pick up photography as a hobby but have trouble deciding.
I wish to get a decent digicam and pick up some skills before making a decision to buy a DSLR. My research seems to point me to Panny's TZ8/10 due to its flexibility.
Much appreciated if you could advice me on which compact cam I shld go for =)
This is my 1st time buying a camera.
- Compact, smaller than LX3 (to slip into a jacket pocket.)
- Picking up photography skills
- Photos for blogging/facebook (resolution is not an issue)
- A light companion for oversea travels if do get a DSLR
- Decent ISO quality up to 800
- Decent no flash, low light shots (For wider learning & party shots. Again, resolution not an issue.)
- Manual Modes (To learn photography skills with)
Budget: $500 ~ 650 SGD
Brand Preference: None
Models in mind:
- Panasonic TZ8/10 (has a 3mp high sense/low noise mode)
- Cannon Power Shot SX210 IS (15 - 1/3200 shutter)
- Fuji F200 EXR (has low noise/high sense mode)
- I prefer to stay away from memory sticks if possible.
- Not intending to do much post processing. Raw is not required.
- Zoom is not an issue.
Intend to get 2x telephoto magnetic lens if its below 5x, exclusive of budget.
PS: Out of curiosity and pure fun...
How much optical zoom can i get if i decrease image resolution on Tz8/10 to 3mp and attach the 2x telephoto lens above?