Thread: CF Cards

Default CF Cards

What brand(s) of the CF cards do you use? And how well do you think it has served you?
    Last edited by snowspeeder; 12th May 2004 at 10:22 PM.

Sandisk Extreme 1GB and Ultra II 1GB

Both have served my loyally for many many months...

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    What is/are the brand(s) of the CF cards do you use? And how well do you think it has served you?
    uh, that's not a very technical question. maybe you might want to rephrase it somewhat..

Seems clear enough to me that SanDisk and Lexar have a good standing in the market. But there are also many other brands. Not sure if they're a good buy in terms of value. I'm planning on a Lexar 40X. Got news that prices might fall next week.

just got a pretec48x 512mb at $185.... i did a benchmark....seems like the card beats my sandisk ultra2 256mb in some waays.... wonder why....
    any dslr user out there tried this card?
    as i no dslr....can only use PC to test....

How useful really is the read/write speed of a fast CF card, if it is used on a camera with limited speed? That, I wonder.

Using Lexar Pro (40x) for oh... 2 days

Quite cheap, at $399 for 1GB.. you mean price will drop somemore???

Yup...crossing my fingers on that. News was from a local distributor. Guess time will tell.

Don't need news from anyone...just look at how much is a 256mb SD selling 1year+ ago....and

infact....newer, faster and bigger size is released.... price of smaller size cards will go down....its a fact....

memory cards price will drop n drop n drop until no new cards is available.... but are u gonna continue to wait for this day? till end of ur life u might still waiting for the cheapest card to come....never ending wait...haahaa...

Only a fool would wait that long. Just need to wait for a slight plunge and that's good enough. So if its like within 2 weeks or so, a little patience helps.