Thread: Confused!! Need advise?

Default Confused!! Need advise?

hi... everybody.. firstly, i'm newbie here..i had read quite many of information on line but still i'm getting confused. I'm own my first D55O already a month & still getting hard to shoot a nice picture.

May I know if enroll myself to the basic level lesson would help & hand on the camera?

Need advise?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Confused!! Need advise?

pls delete THIS or the other identical thread you just created.... thanks

be clear also.... exactly which points or areas are u confused with ? then google.... if still need help, ask and a few of the nice guys here will help

if u bought a brand new camera, then go to the brand's website to register for one of the free basic classes

good luck !
    Last edited by ed9119; 11th August 2010 at 08:21 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

tks..BTW..how to delete the duplicate thread i created just now? So sorry ler

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ade1437 View Post
    hi... everybody.. firstly, i'm newbie here..i had read quite many of information on line but still i'm getting confused. I'm own my first D55O already a month & still getting hard to shoot a nice picture.

May I know if enroll myself to the basic level lesson would help & hand on the camera?

Need advise?
    Welcome to CS.

I encourage you to read more online, and join some newbie outings under the Outings subforum.

Good start here:

Camera basics
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
    http://www.amateursnapper.com/photog...position-rules
    http://digital-photography-school.co...mposition-tips

More topics covered here:
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Hope you are not shooting in Auto mode ... try P, Av, Tv or even Manual modes!

Those modes allow you better control of your pictures. But before you can do that, please read and digest your camera's manual first. Else, you'll be fumbling with the buttons not knowing what function to turn on off when you are out shooting.

If can, bring along your manual during your shooting. No harm referring to the manual.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

hi ade 1437,
    I encourage you to read through the links that daredevil123 has highlighted.

You need to know 2 aspects:
    - basics of photography and all the associated terminology.
    - how to operate your DSLR well.

In order to go out and get decent pictures.
    Learning takes time. Be patient and don't get frustrated. There aren't any real shortcuts.
    Exploring! :)

actually its possible to take good pictures even on the automatic settings.

just take so many bad pictures that eventually you automatically know what you need to do to get a nice picture.

the line doesnt sound right but it works.

and then from there, feel free to experiment.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Hi
    Welcome to CS . . .

Joining a basic class is another way of 'forcing' youself to learn, cos you are paying.
    Especially when you find reading manual a chore . . . but manual is the most comprehensive infomation about your camera.

Following that you may wish to join some of the outing organised here in CS.
    They are very beneficial and interesting.

shoot more and you will learn more . . . cos digital is FREE.

If you bought your 550D brand new in SG, then Canon provide a free 2 hour or so familiarisation class at the CSC , they will basically teach you the relationship amongst aperture, iso and shutter speed, i find it very useful to start with
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Quote Originally Posted by ade1437 View Post

Need advise?
    Canon provides basic training in the use of their cameras. It's a good starting point. Along the way, just set your camera on auto and go out to take some pictures. There's no short cut. It's impossible to take the same pictures like the pros here. To reach that level takes lots of practise and experimentation.

See the pics you like and try to find out the settings others use and then try out a few shots. They may still not be the same but that's a good starting point. What the nice people here will advise is to go out and shoot more. Post the pictures here and the nice brothers here will give you all the tips you need.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Deregistered

Welcome to CS

Welcome

Try this simulator:

http://camerasim.com/SLRsim.html
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    just take so many bad pictures that eventually you automatically know what you need to do to get a nice picture.
    Really???

My opinion:

There is no automatic self improvement. You have to work at it.

If keep taking bad pictures, and not stop to ponder why the pictures are so bad, you will probably be taking bad pictures for a very very long time.

Stop and ponder why your pics are bad. Look at other people's pictures you think are good. Try to analyze why the good pictures look good to you. Try to emulate those pictures. Change your composition, angles and settings to try to emulate those pictures. Ponder again to see if your pictures are closer to what you are trying to emulate. If your some of your pictures now look better. Stop and think what differences in composition and settings made your pictures look better. Try to improvise and emulate some more.

If you keep shooting senselessly, you will never improve.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th August 2010 at 10:36 PM.

Welcome to CS

If you want to make full use of you camera, you should try using P, Av, Tv or M. These modes will give you some basic control.

You'll need to put in the effort to find out how you can control the camera to get good exposures. And which settings create which kind of effects.

Then you can move on to composing your photos to make your images interesting and outstanding.
    The best things in life are free.

hi.. tks for all the advises & encouragment given to me..
    i feel very touching ler...hahaha

let me hand on the camera & improve my photo taking skill first.. i also thinking to joint the outing organise for newbie ... feel very interesting..

tks a lot!!

you have to keep shooting...but try mostly on the creative zone dial,no one is born to know everything,but some are talented on something,and when you don't,then maybe a lot of practice and reading will help.
    when i first started,i just screw every setting out,try shoot picture with every setting at least and understand what is the difference between one and another.maybe understand your gear first is the best to start playing.
    and try post it out some picture you think it's good and ask for advice on CS on what's lacking.
    good luck and Gampate....