Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dc5TypeR View Post
    i just went down to sigma service centre... put my lens there for them to check... anyway its my fault... trust no one... its just a gentle reminder to all of you guys... Just don't let me catch that person... don't darn reply me in sms also ... guys don't sell him anything or buy anything from this person. He could just change his nick and post a sales. so be warned...

Let us know the outcome of the assessment.

Btw, not difficult to catch him lah. He is selling a 70-200 f4L. Use another handfone to call him. Unless he is so paranoid to avoid all enquiries on the lens, I am sure you can lure him out.

For those of you who don't know what is fungus:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&b...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Many many fungus.

Most start with very tiny speck which generally, do NOT seem to be shaken or rotated as the fungus have already germinated. Those that DO NOT, don't worry.

FUNGUS is EVERYWHERE! FYI.

Very quickly, these form a network of filaments, no matter how small they are.

Some fungus can germinated in little over 12 hours.

Seriously ... if a lens is CONSTANTLY in normal use (every single day), it will usually NOT have a chance to germinate.

Do note that SEVERAL tendencies lenses have may or may not look like seperation. Notable, these are:

1) Schneideritis http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&b...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

2) Lens Sesperation (Also Balsam separation) http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&b...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Sometimes, it's a little difficult to tell from visual inspection unless you use a VERY BRIGHT light, at the correct angle and also LOOK at various points in the barrel.

Seriously, USE AN LED TORCHLIGHT - the VERY VERY BRIGHT TYPE - to inspect lenses. It's your own fault if you do not inspect lenses BEFORE a transaction is made.

If people call you 'KIASU' ... well, which do you want? Potentially problematic lenses or is better to be called kiasu?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post

It's your own fault if you do not inspect lenses BEFORE a transaction is made.
    :
    I know you meant well,.. but this statement may encourage cheating...

Quote Originally Posted by wksoh View Post
    Not really encourage cheating, but it somewhat serves as a reminder to all buyers since the buyers are usually given the opportunity to inspect the product before anything else.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Quote Originally Posted by wksoh View Post
    Ideally, sellers should be responsible ... but as you may already have noticed, the reality in this case is quite different.

BUYERS BEWARE.

Just confirm its fungus, going to cost me 125 dollar... knn i going to kill you and burn you alife killerslayer92

Blog Entries

Just confirm its fungus, going to cost me 125 dollar... knn i going to kill you and burn you alife killerslayer92
    Ok. I thought it looked like fungus, but many bros here say no. So I kept quiet. Anyway this is not on the glass, and the fungus seems to be in early stage. Shouldn't be much damage. Just get it cleaned and it will be fine.

Also, Why don't you get it cleaned by fatigue? Should be cheaper.

Also next time check properly before paying for a lens, when buying 2nd hand.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 17th August 2010 at 10:33 AM.

IMHO I think those looking for 2nd hand equipment should stay away from this seller. If one lens has fungus, other lens may have it as well. Unless he gives his lenses preferrential treatment? Most of the time people put their gears/equipment together, be it in a dry cabinet or their own box.

He is also staying away from defending himself? The old excuse of having no internet connection probably wouldn't work in this era when being connected is so easy.

Anyway this case sounds a little like another case previously brought up...
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    IMHO I think those looking for 2nd hand equipment should stay away from this seller. If one lens has fungus, other lens may have it as well. Unless he gives his lenses preferrential treatment? Most of the time people put their gears/equipment together, be it in a dry cabinet or their own box.

He is also staying away from defending himself? The old excuse of having no internet connection probably wouldn't work in this era when being connected is so easy.

Anyway this case sounds a little like another case previously brought up...
    The seller has 2 consecutive bad rip off sales. He is never going to show up again in the same userid.

All I can say, caveat emptor.

Sorry to hear the damage$$..

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The seller has 2 consecutive bad rip off sales. He is never going to show up again in the same userid.

All I can say, caveat emptor.
    yeah. probably so. But if he's desperate to get rid of his gears, he might create another account with another email address and handphone number. I guess all we can do is to check the items properly before committing to a deal
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Blog Entries

yeah. probably so. But if he's desperate to get rid of his gears, he might create another account with another email address and handphone number. I guess all we can do is to check the items properly before committing to a deal
    Most criminals do not think before committing the crime.

And most people who think before acting, will not do criminal acts.

don't worry la, he will get retribution.. lol...

for you, you clean the lens and then be happy and go out and shoot nice Nice NICE photos lor... make use of it well and show the world what you can do~!!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Blog Entries

Actually, you have his phone number. Tell him you will report him to police unless he comes out to settle this. This is fraud.

If no response, Make a police report against him. Then sue him in small claims court.

Actually, you have his phone number. Tell him you will report him to police unless he comes out to settle this. This is fraud.

If no response, Make a police report against him. Then sue him in small claims court.
    i think it can be classified as cheating

Blog Entries

cheating = fraud mah.

my work here is done, i am here just to warn others... just watch out for a kid who alway ask his father to sell or buy things. he is out to cheat people. Thank you all for your time. if not i would have just left it in my dry cabin and spread the fungus...

I would but i see no point, cause my lens already there for checking, then i leave very far away, the travelling time and money haha. i hope you understand. ya i going to bring led light next time =) you guys remember to check at least 20 mins...

Ok. I thought it looked like fungus, but many bros here say no. So I kept quiet. Anyway this is not on the glass, and the fungus seems to be in early stage. Shouldn't be much damage. Just get it cleaned and it will be fine.

Also, Why don't you get it cleaned by fatigue? Should be cheaper.

Also next time check properly before paying for a lens, when buying 2nd hand.

cheating = fraud mah.
    actually Daredevil is correct.. its more fraud then cheating..

Fraud = wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain
    Cheat = act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage in a game or examination

so this case is more or Fraud then cheating..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

At least you know its fungus and not something else more damaging. Now that you know the cost of repair, give him the ultimatum to reply to you by certain date. Failing to do so, you can report to police as a case of fraud like what daredevil has mentioned.

Settle amicably if you do managed to meet him. Good luck.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast