Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 105

Thread: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

  1. #1

    Unhappy Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    hi all, anyone know if this is fungas??








    This white spots are inside the lens , beside the inner lens.

    Bro KillerSlayer92 sold this to me... say it was manufactoring fault...

    his link for the len was this...http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740221


    Just need to seek your advise... ThanK you all.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    i think fungus is suppose to be black.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    thanks.

  4. #4
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Looks a bit like fungus.. And not, most of the fungus is not black. It is white.

    Is this on the edge of something or on the glass?

    If it is not on the glass yet, no problem. easy to get it cleaned with no problems.

    Look for bro fatigue here in CS. He is our famous part time repairman/ technical expert here in CS.

    Looks simiar to this:
    http://www.mypentax.com/Images/Untit...nned-18_sm.jpg
    which is fungus.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 11th August 2010 at 04:29 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    not on the glass yet lor... how much is the clean up u got his contact?

  6. #6

    Angry Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    then how can someone sell a fugas len and label it condition 8 ? wth... still sell me so expensive... wth...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    can't say for sure, might be.

    contact fatigue.

    or ask seller for refund.

    in the first place, if you can't accept the fault, i wonder why you did not sound out on the spot despite asking him about it.

    also, if you thought it was expensive, you should also have avoided buying it. just my opinion.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dc5TypeR View Post
    hi all, anyone know if this is fungas??








    This white spots are inside the lens , beside the inner lens.

    Bro KillerSlayer92 sold this to me... say it was manufactoring fault...

    his link for the len was this...http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740221


    Just need to seek your advise... ThanK you all.
    Questions: Manufacturing fault???

    1) Meaning the white spot is there already. Then Why he brought it in the 1st place???

    2) The white spot was not there when brought then the 1st owner who have cause the 'growth'.

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dc5TypeR View Post
    not on the glass yet lor... how much is the clean up u got his contact?
    You can find him here
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/member.php?u=23585

    and here

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344970.

    On second look, I am quite sure it is the beginning of fungal growth. Still cleanable with no damage. But you better do it before it gets worse.

    My suggestion is to contact the seller to ask for a full refund and return the lens to him. Or you can ask him to pay for the cleaning and send it into the authorized service center instead.

    I cannot tell you how much because I do not know what lens this is. Prices vary according to the complexity of disassembling the lens to clean inside. It is best to contact fatigue or your authorized service center for an accurate quote.

    Please also share with us the BnS ad where you bought this lens so other CSers can take note. Because if one lens has fungus growth, it means the lens is not stored properly. There is a big chance the seller's other products have issues with fungus also.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 11th August 2010 at 05:13 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dc5TypeR View Post


    This white spots are inside the lens , beside the inner lens.

    Bro KillerSlayer92 sold this to me... say it was manufactoring fault...

    his link for the len was this...http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740221
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

    Please also share with us the BnS ad where you bought this lens so other CSers can take note. Because if one lens has fungus growth, it means the lens is not stored properly. There is a big chance the seller's other products have issues with fungus also.
    TS already put his nick and link.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    dd123, i think he included the link + buyer name with first post. name is killerslayer92

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740221



    anyways, if this is fungus, and the lens came from that sale, then i'd say it's hard to side with the seller on this one. fungus is an important thing which must be stated, and nothing fungused can be condition 8 or 9 for sure.

    anyhow, i have contacted the seller and drawn his attention to this thread (via pm) so that he gets a chance to clarify.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Ok it happens like this... it was at night, at the mrt station... he ask his father come sell for him. This picture is x20? at the point of time when i pick up the lens i can't see this fault... i did ask him if there is any fault and why is he selling the lens...he say no scratch nothing everything perfect... Is when i realise the lens have white dots then i sms him, and pm him here in cs... He told me is manufactoring fault? i was like huh!! ok so i decide to seek your advise lor=) glad i did... this is the first time i am facing this kind of problems.

    i did not ask him why he did not tell me there was a fault in the first place... i going to ask him now.

    thank you all for your help.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    i am not blaming anyone!!! -_- i just need help thats all..

  14. #14

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    understand,

    next time please remember to check before you go, this will avoid potential unhappiness.

    well, at least according to DD123, it should be easy cleaning, you should not lose too much.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    dd123, i think he included the link + buyer name with first post. name is killerslayer92

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740221



    anyways, if this is fungus, and the lens came from that sale, then i'd say it's hard to side with the seller on this one. fungus is an important thing which must be stated, and nothing fungused can be condition 8 or 9 for sure.

    anyhow, i have contacted the seller and drawn his attention to this thread (via pm) so that he gets a chance to clarify.
    Something like that on the front element could never be MISS OUT.

    Seller stated it is a manufacturing fault...anyone in the right mind will ask for a 1 to 1 exchange or a 'fix' during the warranty period.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    let hope it is purely an 'accident' from the seller side.

    Hope TS can have a happy answer from the seller.

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dc5TypeR View Post
    Ok it happens like this... it was at night, at the mrt station... he ask his father come sell for him. This picture is x20? at the point of time when i pick up the lens i can't see this fault... i did ask him if there is any fault and why is he selling the lens...he say no scratch nothing everything perfect... Is when i realise the lens have white dots then i sms him, and pm him here in cs... He told me is manufactoring fault? i was like huh!! ok so i decide to seek your advise lor=) glad i did... this is the first time i am facing this kind of problems.

    i did not ask him why he did not tell me there was a fault in the first place... i going to ask him now.

    thank you all for your help.
    Good thing this is a Sigma, as Sigma has a SC here in singapore.

    If you want to keep the lens, just go to sigma SC and get a quote to clean the lens but don't do it yet. As the seller to compensate the amount quoted, and if you want, a small fee for your trouble, (maybe $20-50 for transportation etc...).

    If he is not agreeable, ask him for full refund and return the lens to him.

    Very simple, fungus is not something that will grow overnight. It cannot be your wrongdoing that created a fungus growth. So you have all the right to demand for a full refund. Either that, it is also fair for him to pay for the cleaning of the lens at Sigma SC and also compensate some transportation charges ($50 I think is fair).

  18. #18

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post
    Something like that on the front element could never be MISS OUT.

    Seller stated it is a manufacturing fault...anyone in the right mind will ask for a 1 to 1 exchange or a 'fix' during the warranty period.
    i have to agree, but after a few encounters with sensitive people who turned into trolls, i think it is better to put it the way i did.

  19. #19
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    i have to agree, but after a few encounters with sensitive people who turned into trolls, i think it is better to put it the way i did.
    Yes, and on top of that, some newbies really have no experience.. and some are scared to express themselves even though they have a doubt.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Hi is this fugas? i just bought from a bro in clubsnap.

    haha. peace... so i go to bro fatigue to clean or go sc?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •