Thread: Foodtography by newbie

Default Foodtography by newbie

Thanks for viewing!

I'm very very new to DSLR, please comment if you think on certain aspect I should improve at.

Default Re: Foodtography by newbie

Good attempt ! However the white balance is out, try to use natural light if possible
    Canon 400D|40D & 7D+GRIP|17-40f/4L|24-70f/2.8L|70-200f/2.8L|50 f/1.8|580EX MK2

Quote Originally Posted by AK 47 View Post
    Good attempt ! However the white balance is out, try to use natural light if possible
    Ohh... but it's quite dark there, so i increased the exposure, is it right?

Quote Originally Posted by whatjerom View Post
    Ohh... but it's quite dark there, so i increased the exposure, is it right?
    Maybe, you should shoot in RAW and adjust the WB in PS, but the result may not be good as the lighting is poor. You are unable to bring out the texture of the food.
    Canon 400D|40D & 7D+GRIP|17-40f/4L|24-70f/2.8L|70-200f/2.8L|50 f/1.8|580EX MK2

The exposure was increased to a point that there's quite a lot of burnt out sections, blanking out a lot of details. There's too much yellow cast due relying on the indoor lighting. If you really have to shoot indoors, use a flash indirectly.

Thanks for the advices! ^^

Do take note of your background too. Currently, your shots have distracting elements in the background

I'm not saying your background must be totally plain. Sometimes it's all right to have useful/meaningful background. That's the decision of the photographer. But like your soft shell crab and california maki at the back, that's a no-no.
    The best things in life are free.